okay guys, I finally remember what A&W sounds like - It's 'WTF' by the queen herself - Florence +The machine

I FUCKING LOVE THEM BOTH SO THIS IS MY BEST VALENTINE DAY EVER - THE FLORENCE INFLUENCE IS CLEARLY IN AW :trisha: I STILL CAN'T W THIS SONG-

https://soundcloud.com/mirrorimage69/florence-the-machine-covered

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Im sorry, i know this was on topic but can you please spoiler or trigger warning this next time? Im just more concerned about the gif 

Valid points still

So sorry hun, if I can edit, it will be in spoiler. Didn't think about it:(

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

2 hours ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

Does anyone know what the Rosemeade/Ramada lyric is about?

I mean, I don’t really know, but Rosemead is right next to Arcadia in Cali, and Ramada is kind of a cheap motel chain. So I figured she’s saying, they think I’m at home in the suburbs but really I’m at a sleazy hotel with someone. :brows:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

4 hours ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

Does anyone know what the Rosemeade/Ramada lyric is about?

i did a delulu deep dive & found some random but interesting things out about certain ramada hotels, but i dont think lana wrote it w this stuff in mind

i think it was rly just a lowkey hotel she could go to escape or maybe where she had the sort of "affair" she sings of in the song, maybe

Guys, if she says it's Jimmy Jimmy Cocoa Puff, then that's what it is. I really don't see why she'd joke? She has clarified lyrics that fans have asked about before. IMO, it makes 1000% more sense for her to be referencing a Nelly song ("Country Grammar") because it would have been a popular song/was released in 2000 when she was in high school. There is a quote where Lana talks about being 15 years old during boarding school, and her teacher introduced her to hip-hop, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, etc. It's quite likely she was listening to Nelly too. To be fair, cocoa puff is also referencing ko ko bop, just in a more roundabout way. It's like a game of telephone:

Shimmy Shimmy Koko Bop (Little Anthony & the Imperials 1959) 

Shimmy Shimmy Cocoa Puff (Nelly 2000) 

Jimmy Jimmy Cocoa Puff (Lana 2023)

I'm sorry to be so adamant, but I'm a Cocoa Puff Truther, and I don't think it makes sense to be discounting the answer that came right from Lana's mouth (or keyboard)

becoming a "Puts on the shower while he calls me / Slips out the back door to talk to me" truther - i just hear it plus both make sense in the context of a secret relationship/affair, of course "Seems like a bad time to talk to me" does too but I'm hearing the former more when I listen closely...

perhaps a nod to "Back Door Man" -  written by Willie Dixon & recorded by Howlin' Wolf in 1960. the lyrics draw on the Southern US cultural term for an extramarital affair-  It was also covered by The Doors

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

She's clearly referencing Country Grammar. Can we just put this to rest omg

how do people not know the fucking reference….this is embarrassing, i must be a fucking geezer.