18 hours ago, acacia said:

my mom who doesn't like lana said a&w is her favorite song from her and that she actually really likes it :trisha:  and this is from someone who described lana as if florence welch was singing while sl1tting her wrists :ohsnap:

:lmao: 

Hi, another small interpretation of Lana’s songs, knowing that A&W is most likely about Sean: 

“Got a cop who turned on the back beat Puts the shower on while he calls me Sneaks out the back door to talk to me I'm invisible, you should’ve told me Did you really think I would spare your/her tears just to save your happiness? When I had no idea you were engaged. After all of those years, do you think I’d spare their tears to save my face? You must not have known who you were dealing with.”

It seems like A&W is about Sean Larkin, and a few other songs of hers, like Blue Banisters and Chemtrails Over the Country Club. Based on those lyrics, Sean literally made her the “American Whore” by still seeing her when he was engaged, but what’s interesting is that if COTCC is about him, if you pick up the symbolism from the music video in the breaking glass/mirror scene at 4:30, she sings “my cancer is sun and my leo is moon”, while breaking through glass and appearing completely unaltered and unbothered. She then turns into a wolf in the next scene, which wolves are known to symbolize freedom, intuition, courage, and self-reliance. Also, at 4:07 she sings “it’s never too late, baby so don’t give up”, with a scene of her in a car with her hands surrendering into a tornado that is pulling the car up in the sky. This imagery and symbolism, as well as the lyrics themselves show a spiritual surrendering to what fulfills her soul. And writing about her relationships is connected to that, even if they may be tumultuous. That’s where she’s needed, that’s where she’s wild and free— almost like her pain in her music from her experiences is healing herself and the world. It’s also interesting that if this is true, the imagery of her walking and breaking the glass symbolizes her not giving a fuck what anyone thinks of her— (also interesting how this theme is mentioned over and over again, such as in the Ride monologue— identifying more with freedom and being crazy than to live an unfulfilling life) she’s gonna follow where her soul leads her, at the expense of her image. Thus claiming the title of the “American Whore”, ironically.

Guys. What does she mean when she says "you're fucking up big time"?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Guys. What does she mean when she says "you're fucking up big time"?

like she's saying that a guys mom called her (presumably bc he's leaving her?) and she told his mom he was fucking up, so "you're fucking up big time" presumably just means "you're making a big mistake (by leaving me)"

10 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

like she's saying that a guys mom called her (presumably bc he's leaving her?) and she told his mom he was fucking up, so "you're fucking up big time" presumably just means "you're making a big mistake (by leaving me)"

i personally thought they were having sex, and then his mom called in the middle :willcut: idk if thats the context...

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

25 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

i personally thought they were having sex, and then his mom called in the middle :willcut: idk if thats the context...

'Fucking up big time' is a pretty unambiguous phrase in English, meaning making a mess of life, usually through bad decisions. What I find exhilarating and fascinating is how we don't know who the 'You' is - Lana? The guy? The mother?

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

12 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

'Fucking up big time' is a pretty unambiguous phrase in English, meaning making a mess of life, usually through bad decisions. What I find exhilarating and fascinating is how we don't know who the 'You' is - Lana? The guy? The mother?

yeah and the context too - i mean is that guy she said "fucking up big time" is that Jimmy himself (whos only calls her when he wanna get high, doesnt sound like that person who was leaving her and "fucking up big time) or another one?

27 minutes ago, x VB said:

What is she saying at 3:36-3:42? I hear something like

"Here's my body ??? and he calls me up ??? bathroom floor"

Are your timestamps right? That's when she's singing "i'm invisible look how you hold me"

6 hours ago, x VB said:

What is she saying at 3:36-3:42? I hear something like

"Here's my body ??? and he calls me up ??? bathroom floor"

I can kind of make out “Here’s my body, I’m available, I’m a ghost now, look how they (you) found (hold) me” - with the words in parentheses being layered? 

See, this is the problem with Lana. She refuses to print her lyrics in her album booklets / credits. She only did that for her first album but for damn shame,  she never did it again. She mumbles on many of her songs and I have no idea what she's saying. Then fans interpretate and it's all wrong.  :dorothy3:

So I watched the lmlylaw music video again it seems to future a clip of Sean and also I believe the scenes of her dancing in the car was taken by Sean.  the music video futures her family friends and the people that brings joy to her. So I’m pretty sure at the time of summer 2020 they were seeing each other again and maybe that’s when he cheated? I thought they were a couple in summer but Sean says they broke up in march so to me it feels strange that Lana would include him in a music video if they were completely done like 3 months ago.

I find it fascinating how she brackets the song with the same rhyme

"I haven't done a cartwheel since I was nine"

"Your mom called, I told her, you're fuckin up big time"

What a magnificent, multi-dimensional character study.