Sign in to follow this  
Manson

Real "Sirens" Tracknames confirmed

Just now, DinahLee said:

The more interesting part for me was the fact it was copyrighted as Interscope since... I'm not sure she sold the rights of these songs? Didn't she buy AKA rights to get it out of circulation and owns it herself\not Interscope?  

That's basically the reason that keeps me from ditching the idea that this YT block is just bs. The copyright is shown as being in the hands of Interscope. That's pretty interesting 'cause we didn't know they had this within their catalogue? 

3 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

they ate because i used to think this was the official cover :omfg2:

The one thing that threw me off was how clear it was and the lowercase, specific “i’m” but same :omfg:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

59 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

Ah yeah, I’d it was from the LDR.fm days that makes sense. I remember the screenshot of a star for nick and now that I think about it, I believe it might’ve had the song length as well? Like, she embedded it on her MySpace page potentially?

A Star for Nick can be seen on various screenshots of her Myspace profile, yes. Here's the earliest one I could find from the old Imgur album (but it doesn't show any lengths):

DdaWe_d.jpg?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

It's still unknown what exactly "For Charlie" is, but I'd assume "Of A" = Birds of a Feather...

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

3 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

A Star for Nick can be seen on various screenshots of her Myspace profile, yes. Here's the earliest one I could find from the old Imgur album (but it doesn't show any lengths):

DdaWe_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

It's still unknown what exactly "For Charlie" is, but I'd assume "Of A" = Birds of a Feather...

On this screenshot it would mean though that Next to Me is actually River Road?

49 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

This is actually quite interesting but I have to agree with Coloringbooks. The Siren song titles are probably going to be forever debated unless Lana herself confirms them 

another thing to add on the the yet-to-be-created “things to ask lana whenever any of us see her in person” thread :xgiggle:

and also for giving me Margaret

My understanding is that Youtube puts zero effort into verifying copyright claims, particularly when it's a big company making the claim. You have to prove that they don't own it. Because Lana is under contract to Interscope, they probably claim as much of her music as they can, even though they have no actual ownership over it. It's cheaper for Youtube to just agree with a claim than to spend even a minute to research it.

eg https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/6/22820318/youtube-copyright-claims-transparency-report

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

10 hours ago, Manson said:

Idgi though... why are other leaks "confirmation" of the track titles we used so far for this project? :noparty:

I don't understand why UMG registered track titles (that Interscope seems to own) are not considered more accurate and real...

Lana shared Junky Pride, A Star for Nick, Out with a Bang, and Bad Disease on Myspace with those titles attached. That’s 4/15 titles confirmed. Sirens, Young Like Me, and From the End were all rips from CDs. When Sirens leaked, the metadata listed the tracks as Track 1, Track 2, etc. When Young Like Me and From the End leaked, the titles were actually attached to the metadata. Since there was a lot of overlapping songs between the three projects, 7 more titles on Sirens were confirmed. That’s 11/15 titles confirmed. The only titles that remain unconfirmed are Birds of a Feather, Pretty Baby, My Momma, and Next to Me. They’re all educated guesses, and the “alternate” titles are just what the songs were referred to as before we got official titles.

YouTube claims the song as copyrighted material under that (incorrect) name because that’s what it was uploaded and got popular as way back in 2012. Doesn’t mean you can’t use those titles; some people do! 

Also indebited is not a word :toofunny:

Edit: Stoned out of my mind and didn’t realize this had already all been said. Embarrassing bye!

Edited by That Venice Bitch

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

10 hours ago, Manson said:

Idgi though... why are other leaks "confirmation" of the track titles we used so far for this project? :noparty:

I don't understand why UMG registered track titles (that Interscope seems to own) are not considered more accurate and real...

theyre not always correct.

Cola is registered as Pussy. Dark Paradise is just Paradise etc., there are many other instances of that happening

image.png

21 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

Cola is registered as Pussy. Dark Paradise is just Paradise etc., there are many other instances of that happening

tbf with Pussy specifically ( :rip: ) that was the title given by Lana herself in the YT description for the Paradise album trailer

rihKQ8M.gif

10 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Random, but the  Lana Apple Photobooth pic in the back center is one of my favorites lol - had to scrap the unobstructed version from a random person’s archived MySpace page last year 

lPqTY1H.jpg

2 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

Didn't know! :hdu:

5 hours ago, lizzyology said:

Random, but the  Lana Apple Photobooth pic in the back center is one of my favorites lol - had to scrap the unobstructed version from a random person’s archived MySpace page last year 

what's the unobstructed version? :hdu: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

On 2/15/2023 at 11:08 PM, Manson said:

Ok but wait... with that logic it would mean that "Drive By" was formerly uploaded as "For K" for whatever reason and based on whatever source of information? And that's why, whenever I upload "Drive By" now it would be called "For K"? 

But "Pretty Baby" is actually "For K"?? 

The song formerly known as “Rehab” was released as “For K, Part 2”. Since there is a Part 2, logically a Part 1 has to exist among her uploaded/published material. Sirens is the only thing close to a full length album we know of. Therefore, it was guessed that one of these songs could be “For K”. Drive By was initially assumed to be “For K” because of the line in the song “K's a friend of mine”. However, knowing that the song is called “Drive By”, it’s even more likely that “Pretty Baby” is actually “For K”. Why?

Because structurally and lyrically it shares strong similarities with Rehab/For K Part 2. In For K (Pretty Baby) the “pretty baby” portion appears in the verses. Rehab/For K Part 2, flips it around and uses its own “pretty baby” portion for the chorus. And if that wasn’t enough, they share a very similar rhythm and tempo. Lana probably noticed the similarity later on and renamed Rehab “For K Part 2” instead to highlight the fact that they are sibling songs.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:32 PM, Manson said:

On this screenshot it would mean though that Next to Me is actually River Road?

That is quite possible but not confirmed sadly.

17 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

oh thank you for this! i've been searching for screenshot with For Charlie and Of A for a while to include it in the tracker

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

If Lana ever does audience requests again like she did for LA to the Moon tour in 2018, someone's gotta ask her to sing For K Pt 1 and put an end to this confusion once and for all :burn:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

If Lana ever does audience requests again like she did for LA to the Moon tour in 2018, someone's gotta ask her to sing For K Pt 1 and put an end to this confusion once and for all :burn:

tbh i expect her answer to be something like "im sorry, dont remember it anymore" :toofunny:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

9 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

fuck for k i need PIN UP GALORE :trisha:

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

what's the unobstructed version? :hdu: 

It’s the crazy a** colored pic in the middle with her hands up in the air, but without the text/ MySpace pop ups over it - I’ll send it to you a later today!!! 

lPqTY1H.jpg