Frangipani

UK: 16 year old Brianna Ghey murdered

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7k8gja/brianna-ghey-killing

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/02/13/what-happened-to-brianna-ghey-trans-death-warrington/

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/02/14/brianna-ghey-trans-girl-killed-government/

I've not seen anyone here talking about it so I thought I'd post. A really heartbreaking story. She was so young.

I have no sympathy for the two children who murdered her, they were responsible for their actions and deserve to be put away for a long, long time, but it's horrible to see 3 young people's lives completely fucked thanks to the unending hate and vitriol spread by the UK media and scum like Joanne Rowling.

It's been disgusting seeing the media coverage of the story as well. The UK media, both left and right wing, has a heavy transphobic bias and rumor has it, several newspapers interviewed her dentist so they could find her deadname to use in their articles - only changing it after backlash. They made a conscious effort to deadname a 16 year old murder victim. One publication edited their article from 'teenage girl' to 'transgender teen' and edited out all reference to her being a girl when they found out she was trans. On the flip side, some newspapers didn't even mention she was trans, or at least emphasised that there was no clear motive, because god forbid they be held accountable for the results of their hate campaigns. They should really be celebrating to see their efforts finally come to fruition. Not to mention that if a trans person was a suspect for murder, you'd never hear the end of it... but when a trans person is a victim of a violent crime it's suddenly not an important fact. It makes me so fucking furious and what's worse is that it isn't even being treated as a hate crime by the police, which it clearly is. As a trans person living in the UK I'm honestly terrified.

So incredibly infuriating and sad...it makes me so angry to see the way adults are talking about and treating a literal child just because she is trans...

I hope justice is served on her murderers and that she can rest in peace ❤️ 

rest in peace brianna <3 

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

3 hours ago, Frangipani said:

One publication edited their article from 'teenage girl' to 'transgender teen' and edited out all reference to her being a girl when they found out she was trans. On the flip side, some newspapers didn't even mention she was trans, or at least emphasised that there was no clear motive, because god forbid they be held accountable for the results of their hate campaigns

a lot of media orgs. do this and then post rainbows on their social media pages in June... like the incomeptence is unveliable

RIP to Brianna

I've had to stay off twitter for the last couple of days, people are saying some of the most disgusting shit. She was a baby. How can people fucking celebrate this?

19 hours ago, Frangipani said:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7k8gja/brianna-ghey-killing

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/02/13/what-happened-to-brianna-ghey-trans-death-warrington/

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/02/14/brianna-ghey-trans-girl-killed-government/

I've not seen anyone here talking about it so I thought I'd post. A really heartbreaking story. She was so young.

I have no sympathy for the two children who murdered her, they were responsible for their actions and deserve to be put away for a long, long time, but it's horrible to see 3 young people's lives completely fucked thanks to the unending hate and vitriol spread by the UK media and scum like Joanne Rowling.

It's been disgusting seeing the media coverage of the story as well. The UK media, both left and right wing, has a heavy transphobic bias and rumor has it, several newspapers interviewed her dentist so they could find her deadname to use in their articles - only changing it after backlash. They made a conscious effort to deadname a 16 year old murder victim. One publication edited their article from 'teenage girl' to 'transgender teen' and edited out all reference to her being a girl when they found out she was trans. On the flip side, some newspapers didn't even mention she was trans, or at least emphasised that there was no clear motive, because god forbid they be held accountable for the results of their hate campaigns. They should really be celebrating to see their efforts finally come to fruition. Not to mention that if a trans person was a suspect for murder, you'd never hear the end of it... but when a trans person is a victim of a violent crime it's suddenly not an important fact. It makes me so fucking furious and what's worse is that it isn't even being treated as a hate crime by the police, which it clearly is. As a trans person living in the UK I'm honestly terrified.

It's heartbreaking. I'm also a trans person in the UK and i've recently been having a lot of anxiety about being the way i am and stories like this just hit hard. Rest in peace.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i checked her instagram and tiktok, it's so sad to see how sweet she was, she seemed like someone i would love to be friends with... rip brianna

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

So they received a life sentence today-20-22 years.

Terrible disgrace that no Uk laws on trans individuals are being enforced but I feel uncomfortable that the judge labelled this as motivated by her being trans. It’s well enough labelling this as motivated to display the UK in a good light when our own prime minister denies that trans Individuals are actually real and is transphobic.

However, I feel it’s a farce as despite the derogatory, offensive language- they had a planned list to kill others and there’s no indication it was specifically done just because she was trans.

anything to get rid of the terf label surrounding the country with no real action or justice.

I somehow only just heard about this today, from radio coverage of the trail. 

The absolute evil in the hearts of the murders who plotted to kill her, stabbed her brutally 28 times, who sent messages saying they wanted to know if "it would scream like a man or a woman" ... sickens me, it's just beyond disgusting

Honestly, hearing about it today gave me pretty horrid PTSD. That's why I try to stay away from the news as much as it's probably a bad thing. I'm not trans but I am bi, and around 13 years ago in my little city in the U.K. myself and two friends got attacked by a bunch of teenagers because we were two girls holding hands (we were 13 at the time). A group of about 15 of them threw rocks at us continually, it hit my friends head and she started bleeding, so we had to run away and call an ambulance. Luckily nothing worse happened but the police did nothing. This was in daytime and unprovoked. 

Even though these people had plans to kill others I have no doubt that the murder of poor Brianna was motivated by hatred in their heart for trans people ... I have experienced first hand that the U.K. is NOT safe for the LGBTQ+ community ... despite what anyone else tries to say. 

Anyway, it disgusts me that in the U.K., a supposedly progressive country, these kind of crimes of violence against trans + queer people are STILL happening. I don't have words for it. 

RIP Brianna 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide