Elle

Lana feature in Billboard Magazine - February 25th, 2023 [INTERVIEW] - Updated

:eartha2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Cute little interview.

I find how she talks about her music funny. Like, when she was promoting LFL, she talked about a bigger sound (i.e. more mainstream) and it was - but then for this album she said less bombastic. And yet, I think A&W is one of her more mainstream sounding songs - and not just the second part. Not to mention, it sounds like there is another bop or two on this album we suspect. 

"I’m thinking a little less big and bombastic. Maybe at some point I can have fun creating a world again, but right now, I would say there’s no world building"

please go back to that just for one era pls i’m begging :lange:

Can these magazines stop with these interviews that cover nothing and/or bland thinkpiece before albums drop. We want fresh brewed tea, not iced tea. :horror:

Eleven years ago I wanted it to be so good. Now, I just sing exactly what I’m thinking. I’m thinking a little less big and bombastic. Maybe at some point I can have fun creating a world again, but right now, I would say there’s no world building. This music is about thought processing. It’s very, very wordy. I’m definitely living from the neck up.

"there's no world building" aw man that makes me a little sad bc i really felt like a world was being built around the ocean blvd era. maybe this is why some fans (emphasis on some, not all) have felt disconnected to her since 2019? 

edit: I feel like this quote completely epitomizes the irritation among fans who have felt disconnected from her post-LFL. although i really felt like NFR and this era has gorgeous world-building, I can totally see how this quote is reflected in her career. there are certainly aspects of her older music that i miss specifically the cinematic elements

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

its cute im taking it:true: i didnt expect a grand intervew i dont really want any spoilers anymore cuz she gave really much information the past interview and tbh these lil questions are really cute to reveal some more lil details about her past creative process and its everything i needed to keep me hyped - absolutely astonish photoshoot and more generic but cute interview thanks to them omg:true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y