Elle

Lana feature in Billboard Magazine - February 25th, 2023 [INTERVIEW] - Updated

1 minute ago, jaesana said:

"there's no world building" aw man that makes me a little sad bc i really felt like a world was being built around the ocean blvd era. maybe this is why some fans (emphasis on some, not all) have felt disconnected to her since 2019? 

aww yeah that would make sense, I think it's okay though. It's like any relationship, sometimes you grow in different directions

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

4 minutes ago, Luna de miel said:

aww yeah that would make sense, I think it's okay though. It's like any relationship, sometimes you grow in different directions

I totally agree- although there are things I miss, I 100% think she has grown as an artist. there are many elements of born to die that feel very immature to me and you can quite literally see someone's growth throughout the years which i think is amazing

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

8 minutes ago, jaesana said:

"there's no world building" aw man that makes me a little sad bc i really felt like a world was being built around the ocean blvd era. maybe this is why some fans (emphasis on some, not all) have felt disconnected to her since 2019? 

edit: I feel like this quote completely epitomizes the irritation among fans who have felt disconnected from her post-LFL. although i really felt like NFR and this era has gorgeous world-building, I can totally see how this quote is reflected in her career. there are certainly aspects of her older music that i miss specifically the cinematic elements

I don't really get how she views her creative process sometimes. In my opinion, her most "world building" albums are the records from Honeymoon onwards. Especially Honeymoon and Chemtrails. Maybe I just have a different perspective on what that means creatively speaking. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

I don't really get how she views her creative process sometimes. In my opinion, her most "world building" albums are the records from Honeymoon onwards. Especially Chemtrails. Maybe I just have a different perspective on what that means creatively speaking. 

yep yep i think everyone has different interpretations

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

25 minutes ago, Elle said:

Can you remember what it felt like creatively when you were just starting out?

I think back to the beginning, being in New York. I would just go to a little deli by Grand Central and all you had to do to sit at the table for hours was buy a black coffee. I remember thinking, “I’m doing it. I’m living it.” It was all very thrilling. I was so psyched back then.

I always get so sentimental whenever she discusses her career before fame :trisha:

😋🫶🏼

2 minutes ago, guns and roses said:

Can you remember what it felt like creatively when you were just starting out?

I think back to the beginning, being in New York. I would just go to a little deli by Grand Central and all you had to do to sit at the table for hours was buy a black coffee. I remember thinking, “I’m doing it. I’m living it.” It was all very thrilling. I was so psyched back then.

this is so White Dress of her too:cryney2:

I feel like people gave Taylor so much hate for not having Lana sing more, and now Lana is trying to set the record straight that Taylor did want her to but it was her own decision not to.

Honestly though, for her to keep saying she would have done it IF she knew she was the only feature on the album doesn't really make sense. Like what difference does that even make really if there are other features since this is the only one in existence with the two of them... it's almost like she's also implying that Taylor should have told her this, but it's maybe just an excuse and seems irrelevant to me. Lana has features on some of her albums and those artists have verses, and you can really hear them, it's not just occasional background vocals. Idk maybe we will get another collaboration to make up for it. 

28 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

"I’m thinking a little less big and bombastic. Maybe at some point I can have fun creating a world again, but right now, I would say there’s no world building"

please go back to that just for one era pls i’m begging :lange:

Yes I was thinking that is the shift that some fans miss the worlds she’d create around her albums that stopped since I’d say lfl you could include nfr. I still love all her music now tho

idk it is so damn weird it just ends out of nowhere especially when they're giving her a visionary award :scoff: makes me think if it was her decision to not be the cover story

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

33 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

"I’m thinking a little less big and bombastic. Maybe at some point I can have fun creating a world again, but right now, I would say there’s no world building"

please go back to that just for one era pls i’m begging :lange:

I’m fine with it as long as she keeps it interesting and experimenting with different sounds. I wouldn’t be thrilled if she kept making different versions of Chemtrails. I LOVE Chemtrails but just switch it up. It doesn’t have to be big or bombastic. Maybe give us Jazz or Blues? Ykwim? 

8Qg234E.gif

8 minutes ago, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

I feel like people gave Taylor so much hate for not having Lana sing more, and now Lana is trying to set the record straight that Taylor did want her to but it was her own decision not to.

Honestly though, for her to keep saying she would have done it IF she knew she was the only feature on the album doesn't really make sense. Like what difference does that even make really if there are other features since this is the only one in existence with the two of them... it's almost like she's also implying that Taylor should have told her this, but it's maybe just an excuse and seems irrelevant to me. Lana has features on some of her albums and those artists have verses, and you can really hear them, it's not just occasional background vocals. Idk maybe we will get another collaboration to make up for it. 

I mean usually lana does just do more hidden vocals when she’s collabing on an album track (like w/ borns & bleachers), so i guess that’s her reasoning. 

anyways i do love lana clarifying that taylor did ask her to sing the full second verse and it was her decision not to. i also like that she’s been vocal about loving billie lately. regardless of my own thoughts on either artist i think it’s so nice that she continues to praise other female artists instead of creating drama / tearing them down / shading them like all the stans constantly try to do, it’s exhausting 

I don't understand what she means by world building at all because each Lana album has one, for me, except for Lust for Life because that album was all over the place sonically...and Ocean Blvd so far because of a conscious artistic decision to explore deeper into her own mind

Chemtrails definitely has a world to me, so do Blue Banisters and Norman, UV, HM, Born to Die..I'm not getting it lol

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Same reason why people blame Ben and Ed (her management) and her label, etc for the lack of promo. When really it’s Lana herself who refuses to promote her music.

Dua was under the same management and she’s everywhere. Lana was like that too during BTD.

I think its interesting what she said about world building...I think that when it comes to BTD-LFL she was writing about some of her own experiences, but also moreso focusing on an aesthetic or sound and "building a world" around that 

And for NFR-BB (and probably Ocean Blvd too) she's writing mainly about her own life, her own experiences and not anything outside of that...very much real life with no fantasy at all lol