Rust Dress

Festivals & Tour 2023

Lana Del Rey 'Ocean Blvd' Review: Into the Deep, Without Leaving the  Shallow - The New York Times

Ocean Blvd Festival Tour 2023-24

South America

27 May - Rio de Janeiro, BR - MITA

3 June - Sao Paulo, BR - MITA Festival

Europe

21 June - Somerset, UK - Glastonbury

9 July - London, UK - BST Hyde Park

North America 

15 July - Quebec, CAN - Festival d’été de Qc

6 August - Chicago, US - Lollapalooza

12 August - San Francisco, US - Outside Lands Festival

1 October - Columbia, US - All Things Go Festival

the gold standard of lana performances for me is her itunes festival show

perfection to me

live string band, gorgeous vocals without backing, great set, cute outfit, no half assed dancing, just her creating ATMOSPHERE

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

I would be ecstatic if Lana started touring again. As a relatively new fan, I have not been able to see her live just yet, so if she actually began touring, it would be amazing. I'm also sure the tickets would be sold out because Lana has gained a lot of new fans over the past few years, so no doubt that the tour would be extremely successful. 

5 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Do we know when the first concert is?

I've seen she's announced a lot of dates lately, truly expecting to see what she brings!

MITA, May 27

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

I was thinking the reason maybe she is not touring is that sometimes these festivals tell artists "you cannot perform x amount of weeks from the date of the festival" so I fear she isn't going to tour in spring/summer 

maybe she will in the fall but idk 

A fall-winter tour would be dreamy, my birthday is in september so if she has dates in that month I would explode of happiness

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

I'd be shocked if we get a full on tour now, but I feel like after the first performance we might have more of a hint?

Like, if there's a brand new expensive looking stage, and a whole new setlist, surely that means she's more likely to tour properly? Because is it worth doing all that for a short festival run?

I stg if I hear that medley again

I think she's just testing the waters with the festivals to see if she truly enjoys the stage again or if it was just a bit of nostalgia from singing in bars with Nikki :thumb2:

She's probably way more comfortable on her own shows than in huge festivals but it's easier to just get booked and go than to plan a whole tour for herself with all the expenses and scheduling. And if she decides to do a tour later she would already have a setlist, some stage design and the habit of doing shows again :true:

And I agree with what @American Bore said, we'll probably get a feeling about her plans with the first few performances.

She started doing "choreography" (or tried to :ma:) with the dancers on festivals and she used that on her own tour later so we'll see :dua:

I'm so excited I hope we get some nice recordings from the shows

giphy.gif

You can hardly call some of the live dates this summer 'festivals'. The people that visit the BST gig on July 9th for instance (where I will be), don't visit to 'see some bands'. No, they come tot see Lana, nothing else. It doesn't matter if there are warm up bands or not. It's basically a regular Lana del Rey concert, hopefully it's also a full setlist. Probably for BST the setlist will be different than the gigs on Lollapalooza or Glastonbury. Other headliners are there, so the audience will be more mixed. 

trying hard to get tickets for Lana at festival d'été de québec this july. Wasn't able to snatch them a couple weeks ago as they sold out so fast. been looking for resale but gonna put it out there on here, if anyone is selling a ticket for that date please let me know! thanks :)

On 4/30/2023 at 1:26 AM, ultrabanisters said:

the gold standard of lana performances for me is her itunes festival show

perfection to me

live string band, gorgeous vocals without backing, great set, cute outfit, no half assed dancing, just her creating ATMOSPHERE

I've always found it overrated lol

She's had MUCH better vocal moments

Any 2016-18 concert is better vocally I think

4 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

I've always found it overrated lol

She's had MUCH better vocal moments

Any 2016-18 concert is better vocally I think

I agree. Never been a fan of this performance. I think it's more due to nostalgia; she was at the top of her pre-NFR! game and that was (I think) her first (or at least her first important) livestreamed show and we were all just dying to see her. I vividly remember watching this on a tablet I had. It was a moment.

On 4/29/2023 at 5:57 PM, Umaniac said:

2) They should stop focusing on making the songs upbeat or keeping the energy up all the time and actually focus on creating an environment. Like looking at Kali Uchis’ lives, her songs are very similar to Lana’s slower tempo and Kali actually takes advantage of that by using dancers who are actually in sync with each other almost play the stage like a theatre. To me they should divide the show to sections like slower ones, jazzier ones and more upbeat ones. Their formula of slapping two singers and the same instruments  to her whole discography just doesn’t work. If they divide they can bring out some dancers/singers by section so we can actually see some performance instead of Alex and Ashley trying to dance awkwardly to something like cruel world. Like imagine if they actually brought out 5 couple of dancers dancing to change/black beauty/young and beautiful and then just making their way out. 

Omg this is so true but I thought I was the only one. Her band is great, but they started to sound so basic during the NFR! tour. Every single song had the same "faster" percussion. Even this amazing fan-made live show tried to replicate that in every single song; it does sound good here and there, but it gets boring and repetitive.

Maybe hire a new band? (and actual supporting vocalists) :true:

I had a nightmare, Lana opened the show with a stunning rendition of Norman, but then proceeded to do Blackpink, Nicki Minaj and other random artist's covers throughout the whole setlist :toofunny: then finished with Put Me in a Movie :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

6 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I had a nightmare, Lana opened the show with a stunning rendition of Norman, but then proceeded to do Blackpink, Nicki Minaj and other random artist's covers throughout the whole setlist :toofunny: then finished with Put Me in a Movie :toofunny:

Don't worry. She definitely won"t do that. She'll sings Born to die songs instead :teehee: