Rust Dress

Festivals & Tour 2023

On 5/10/2023 at 8:58 PM, ultrabanisters said:

are the girls in the back the backing singers bc :creep: need

Yes, they are! The two women in the back row are professional studio & live background vocalists Chelsea “Peaches” West (Janet Jackson, Jennifer Hudson, Celine Dion, Brandy, Nicki Minaj, Tori Kelly, Chaka Khan, K. Michelle, Kanye West) and Jasmine “Jazzy” Patton (Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Mary J Blige, Post Malone, Elton John, Stevie Wonder, JoJo, K. Michelle, Kanye West)

The woman in front of them is Porctia Symone, a dancer who is replacing Ashley. Alex, her other dancer, is still part of the team.

Both BGVs have won Grammys for their contributions, so they’re obviously very talented! I’m looking forward to see what they add to the show experience x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

16 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think selling all those tickets to bst was a game changer, she knows they’re coming for her and it must’ve been such a boost. Seen as though she always seems to downplay her success

i mean especially with her level of sucess now she can sell out any show she wants

8 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

i mean especially with her level of sucess now she can sell out any show she wants

I totally agree, however, if you read any social media when she was announced for Glastonbury.. she was getting so much hate.. and then when she was rumoured for BST, a lot of posts were stating she’s a bad choice as she’d never sell out

if she does read the comments online, then I can get why she’d feel nervous to put herself out there for shows, people are just so mean about her for some reason, she seems to be one of the most polarising artists I’ve known! 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

One of her US tour dates falls on my birthday! I'll have to drive a ton of hours to get there, but it'll be worth it!! :hype:

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

1 minute ago, Umaniac said:

Do we think her bringing those incredible backup singers means she is gonna focus more on her vocals? I mean Lana is pretty amazing when she focuses a little bit she just needs some effort.

i would say so

hopefully she doesnt rely on playback like she has for the past few years

as much as i love her performances i think shes gotten a bit lazy and spends half the time just swaying over pre recorded audio. hopefully the 3 years off has given her a little bit of motivation to put on an even greater show with the backing singers!!!

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

On 5/12/2023 at 12:33 AM, ultrabanisters said:

european lipsters finally getting our payback after disneylandgate2020:true:

Just interested. Do you refer to the cancelled shows in Europe in 2020? I remember those shows were cancelled because Lana was ill. I never heard what the exact / real reason was.

2 hours ago, Jackflash said:

Just interested. Do you refer to the cancelled shows in Europe in 2020? I remember those shows were cancelled because Lana was ill. I never heard what the exact / real reason was.

not gonna speculate because if lana was actually ill i dont want to perpetuate rumours... but

it was when covid was ramping up so it couldve just been fears around that or it could be because the sean breakup happened around those days i believe

we will never know for sure tbh

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

On 5/13/2023 at 2:08 AM, Thats why they call me Dita said:

she seems to be one of the most polarising artists I’ve known! 

100%

23 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Folk festival.. she's probably gonna do a chemtrails/bb little folk one off thing no? I doubt it'll be her regular set list

Well there was that rock fest she did during NFR which didn't go well in terms of the crowd being really excited lol

So I don't think she'll adapt the setlist for one concert 

We need to figure out who is willing to live stream he performance next week, i wanna see it soo bad but I won’t be there 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

dDNMAyr_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

When she debuts her long lost "collection of other folk songs"  :thumb3:  I wouldn't be surprised at all.. I feel like she'll do Yosemite, Bartender, and then all the boring ones like For Free etc, maybe Looking For America

When she does

1. A&W

2. Candy Necklace

3. Blue Jeans

4. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

5. Paris, Texas

6. Grandfather

7. Mariners Apartment Complex

8. Cinnamon Girl

9. Say Yes to Heaven

10. Born to Die

11. Shades of Cool

12. The Greatest

13. Let the Light In

14. Video Games (shortened)

15. Peppers

16. Taco Truck x VB

then what :trisha:

16 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

When she does

1. A&W

2. Candy Necklace

3. Blue Jeans

4. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

5. Paris, Texas

6. Grandfather

7. Mariners Apartment Complex

8. Cinnamon Girl

9. Say Yes to Heaven

10. Born to Die

11. Shades of Cool

12. The Greatest

13. Let the Light In

14. Video Games (shortened)

15. Peppers

16. Taco Truck x VB

then what :trisha:

Damn i like the idea of starting with A&W and Candy Necklace would set the mood so good being so creepy. 

On 5/17/2023 at 6:47 PM, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Folk festival.. she's probably gonna do a chemtrails/bb little folk one off thing no? I doubt it'll be her regular set list

I def think she will cont with the regular festival setlist, but I would love to see a more laid back BB/Chemtrails feel. :flutter: