Rust Dress

Festivals & Tour 2023

12 minutes ago, rocknrollgroupie said:

I don’t understand why would she keep songs she has  sung a thousand times on the setlist

she seems like she feels comfortable singing those songs because she knows them well and she might be afraid of fucking new songs up or worried that the fans wont like them

she knows the gp love btd so maybe shes afraid of backlash if she didnt play the popular songs

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

36 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

she knows the gp love btd so maybe shes afraid of backlash if she didnt play the popular songs

there would most definitely be backlash from me if she didn't play btd, summertime sadness, or video games:clapback:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

53 minutes ago, taco truck said:

there would most definitely be backlash from me if she didn't play btd, summertime sadness, or video games:clapback:

me with Born to Die and Blue Jeans

Those songs are always amazing live, especially Blue Jeans :defeated:

I can live with Ride off the setlist tbh

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I can live with Ride off the setlist tbh

omg i think i would cry myself to sleep if i went and she didn't sing ride:air: that song means so much to me and every live performance she does of it is filled with so much emotion

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

She can definitely cut YB and DMD (and national anthem too). I was all for DMD but she basically lipsynced the whole thing so I can easily do without it. She should instead do Honeymoon/Terrence and Cinnamon Girl/Mariners. I would also replace Ultraviolence with West Coast. Ultraviolence is super heavy for a live performance 

I will re-share what I think would be an ideal setlist

A&W (full song)

Candy Necklace (instead of Y&B which is so random)

Paris Texas (outfit change, instead of Bartender)

The Grants

Flipside

Let the Light In (instead of PWYC)

Cherry

Grandfather (instead of Ride)

Born to Die / Blue Jeans medley 

The Greatest (instead of Norman)

Yes to Heaven (instead of Arcadia)

Cinnamon Girl (instead of White Mustang; if she wants to have a slutty bop moment then choose a newer song lol, plus it's a fan and GP favorite)

Taco Truck (instead of Venice Bitch)

Peppers (instead of Diet Mountain Dew)

Video Games

Ocean Blvd

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

She would never sing this live  :thumb3:  She'd be too scared of the chorus

Yeah and it's a shame bc it's one of her most acclaimed tracks

1 minute ago, Rico25 said:

She could do it like she did 13 beaches with playback support

Idk I kinda hate when she does songs like that.. Also I don't think she had playback on 13 beaches bc she felt like she couldn't do it live. It was the opening song of the La to the Moon tour, so I assume she lip synced the first verse of that song bc she needed a moment to get comfortable on stage.. but the greatest wouldn't rly work like that. Without an authentic vocal performance I don't see why she'd sing that song

13 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Idk I kinda hate when she does songs like that.. Also I don't think she had playback on 13 beaches bc she felt like she couldn't do it live. It was the opening song of the La to the Moon tour, so I assume she lip synced the first verse of that song bc she needed a moment to get comfortable on stage.. but the greatest wouldn't rly work like that. Without an authentic vocal performance I don't see why she'd sing that song

Well this is true. If she isn't gonna belt the "I'm faAaAcing" then she shouldn't sing it in the first place. I remember when she had playback at "you make me BLUEEEEE" in NFR, which is essentially the best part of the song

16 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

I will re-share what I think would be an ideal setlist

A&W (full song)

Candy Necklace (instead of Y&B which is so random)

Paris Texas (outfit change, instead of Bartender)

The Grants

Flipside

Let the Light In (instead of PWYC)

Cherry

Grandfather (instead of Ride)

Born to Die / Blue Jeans medley 

The Greatest (instead of Norman)

Yes to Heaven (instead of Arcadia)

Cinnamon Girl (instead of White Mustang; if she wants to have a slutty bop moment then choose a newer song lol, plus it's a fan and GP favorite)

Taco Truck (instead of Venice Bitch)

Peppers (instead of Diet Mountain Dew)

Video Games

Ocean Blvd

absolute fire setlist but replace Yes To Heaven with West Coast

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

I do think the setlist we got is a good mix between songs we're used to from her and a switch up. My only real question is... you literally got backing singers, did they not even rehearse Thunder, like at all?? It's such an obvious choice

Just a couple of tweaks like adding Thunder (and WC) would make the setlist legendary imo. It's easy to complain about the BTD songs but I always enjoy them when she sings them

I wonder if she's changing the setlist a bit today. I expect mainly the same songs but she usually swaps some things depending on her mood :thumb2:

She allegedly rehearsed Love Song for last week's date but didn't sing it so I don't think the setlist is set in stone (I wouldn't care if she ignored that song tho... not my favorite :eek:

giphy.gif

Let's hope Flipside will be a standard setlist song just like PWYC. I remember when we all freaked out when she performed a shortened version of it in NYC. Eventually she brought it to every single show of her festival and LA To The Moon tour :party:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

4 minutes ago, x VB said:

Let's hope Flipside will be a standard setlist song just like PWYC. I remember when we all freaked out when she performed a shortened version of it in NYC. Eventually she brought it to every single show of her festival and LA To The Moon tour :party:

Omg I thought you meant she did a bit of Flipside in NYC and I was like wait when :toofunny: