Sign in to follow this  
baddisease

Does anyone else have a Nintendo Switch OLED? I have questions...

1. How long will the OLED last before it gets burn in?

2. How long does the battery last?

3. Is it worth upgrading from the Switch Lite?

giphy.gif

Omg I can't believe I'm just now seeing this. I say wait. There's been rumors of a new Switch, like a Switch successor coming later this year or early next year. Unless your Switch Lite is broken or you want to play on your TV, don't upgrade, WAIT IT OUT. Save the money and get the next Switch when it comes out because we're very late in the current Nintendo/Switch generation, it's inevitable and with the leaks we've been hearing lately... yeah, just wait it out, you'll be happier waiting I think

But to answer your question - I upgraded close to when they first came out from my original Switch to the OLED because honestly I ordered one on Amazon for my bf for Christmas 2021 but thought it was going to be late so I went and got one from Gamestop to have it in time and ended up keeping the extra one for myself and I've not had any screen burn in. Since then, I've put over 250 hours into Pokemon Sword, 70 into Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, over 100 into Pokemon Violet without issues. The tech today is a bit different from how it used to be. It still can get burn in but it's not nearly as common unless you're constantly playing 24/7 and never letting the screen refresh or you're leaving your Switch screen on intentionally on a pause menu or when you aren't playing (and you won't.)

As for the battery, I haven't really tried timing it but usually my bf gets somewhere around 6-8 hours before he wants to charge it up but idk where he lets the battery get to before he starts charging it. Mine will last mostly all day, but I play mine in shorter periods, so an hour here and there sometimes two, so it'll last longer that way.

If the leaks about a new console doesn't worry you and you want a bigger screen, I say go for it. But if you're reading into what we've been told by leakers this year and late last year, a new model/generation is upon us and it'd be a little late to get a Switch OLED imo.

@baddisease

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole