Elle

Rolling Stone UK (Chuck Grant) - February 2023

3 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

The current Rolling Stone publication is glossy, at least the cover, I prefer a more "paper" texture. I still hope to find a copy of "Interview" in stores :crai:- I'm assuming the inner pages of RS won't be as flimsy as Interview imo. I recently got a magazine for a Poppy article and it's also a ridiculously big size 

Generally I like paper textures, too, but the Interview photos look pretty dark on this kind of paper, which is very thin, too, especially for a cover. The cover seems to be the same paper as the pages inside... I somehow expected the cover to be printed on a matte, but stable paper. But it looks more like a newspaper print. 

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

This is the best outfit from the shoot and there is only one photo of her in it:trisha: i need the outtakes now:trisha:

1 hour ago, Ramada Hydrangea said:

YES I love this dress too, I found it on Poshmark but sadly it sold on there :crai: the brand is Gianni Bini!

This kind of print was very popular few years ago, Zara and H&M had very similar prints. So still you might be able to find something similar at least. 

It was expensive watch it 

4 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

I’m buying the dress right now hehe. There’s only 4 left in stock, Target is making bank off of Lana :candy:

I bought it too lol now I might wear it on release day :true:

„She created all the trends. It’s a freeing place, if you can accept it. The only place to go is to be a leader.“ J. Antonoff

She has all the rights about how she appears on magazine photos. Don’t you think, that your bestie knows how to pose, dress up or choose the right photographer after a decade of popular career? Especially if she still can give all those glamorous reflections? Which fine arts does always have the same level of technique or vision? 

Let’s read the interview, which explains a lot…

19 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Idk what to tell you if you’re still upset we are getting amateur photoshoots from Lana and Chuck in 2023 :bye:

I can't speak for Verty but it's more disappointing than anything

I understand the nepotism but I don't have to like it, especially when I know there's the potential for so much more

Most of all I don't like how Etienne does her makeup

Pictures are fine but not outstanding (like all of Chunk's work). Interview makes up for it, though :agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, Morissetteus said:

„She created all the trends. It’s a freeing place, if you can accept it. The only place to go is to be a leader.“ J. Antonoff

She has all the rights about how she appears on magazine photos. Don’t you think, that your bestie knows how to pose, dress up or choose the right photographer after a decade of popular career? Especially if she still can give all those glamorous reflections? Which fine arts does always have the same level of technique or vision? 

Let’s read the interview, which explains a lot…

Yes, but we have all rights about having an opinion, too. ;-) I think it must be possible to say if you don't like anything, no matter if it's about photos, music or anything else. 

39 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Yes, but we have all rights about having an opinion, too. ;-) I think it must be possible to say if you don't like anything, no matter if it's about photos, music or anything else. 

Sure, you have all the rights to not like something she puts out. This forum is a good place for it ;-)

I just wanted to take a look to the issue from a different perspective :hooker:

23 minutes ago, Morissetteus said:

Sure, you have all the rights to not like something she puts out. This forum is a good place for it ;-)

I just wanted to take a look to the issue from a different perspective :hooker:

Yes, luckily people can have different opinions here in this place, so they are free to love or dislike the pics. Not like in some parts of reddit, omg, lol. (Btw, I guess many of the people expressing dislike here worry a bit that her love for her family influences her ability to judge photography in a more objective way, that's where our opinions might differ, which is absolutely OK, of course. However, I love the cover, so I got the b&w version in the end, despite not wanting in the beginning.)

22 hours ago, Elle said:

52734680835_ac1dbe02e4_b.jpg

don’t get me wrong, this interview was one of the best i’ve seen in a long time from lana. i couldn’t be more grateful to have read such an insightful article on lana’s evolution as both an artist and person.

however, i’m not in love at all with chuck’s (rudimentary) photography skills, and a professional photographer would have done lana justice. the photo above is giving backyard homecoming photoshoot vibes – i feel like it could have turned out much better with the help of a more experienced photographer.

just my two cents though, not sure if everyone will agree with me. :smile4:

8 hours ago, Olympia said:

This kind of print was very popular few years ago, Zara and H&M had very similar prints. So still you might be able to find something similar at least. 

You’re totally right - I remember ref having a similar print too now that I think about it

13 minutes ago, lanaforever said:

don’t get me wrong, this interview was one of the best i’ve seen in a long time from lana. i couldn’t be more grateful to have read such an insightful article on lana’s evolution as both an artist and person.

however, i’m not in love at all with chuck’s (rudimentary) photography skills, and a professional photographer would have done lana justice. the photo above is giving backyard homecoming photoshoot vibes – i feel like it could have turned out much better with the help of a more experienced photographer.

just my two cents though, not sure if everyone will agree with me. :smile4:

This might be the worst photo composition ive seen in my life and im not even dramatic

1 hour ago, lanaforever said:

I think Chuck is underrated tbh

I like her work with Lana and I like that Lana is at ease around her

HOWEVER

this photoshoot is probably giving more "Marie Claire" than Rolling Stone

Outtakes shared by Lana -

C554-D639-E756-4-B24-B1-B4-02-DA43-ADA8-C8 2-CC60-F6-D-8-B44-42-F7-80-F2-FBC612-D59774 E681-D4-CD-F42-E-4932-A500-41-BEEDF4609-F 9-F78-F903-138-D-418-E-8-EF9-28-DFDF270-E3-E F7-CC9-DD7-A442-4-B76-971-B-DD9-DFBA32900 49899-F35-30-F6-4786-AF4-F-129-CBB9-A2878 ECD014-DF-6-EE7-4-D20-B3-EF-F390793-EA318 84-B1-D365-BF7-A-49-F7-B9-D3-270588878-E49 BB4-D1-AD1-5074-4-F51-8383-07-F1-FF13-B9-BD DDA87-CB3-DB1-E-4-EAE-82-D8-A440-A870-D168 6-F95-AC19-218-B-47-EA-A54-F-D0-A81366-EC51

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Ok the outtakes slap harder than the released photos. And I love seeing snippets of Lana’s desktop. Not to sound like a creep I always find it so interesting to see what people have on theirs, especially an enigma like Lana. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore