Elle

Rolling Stone UK (Chuck Grant) - February 2023

2 minutes ago, Blossom said:

lets see a photo of you, Vertimus. 

That's a stupid comment. And I've shared several of me over the last 5 years, including the one that is currently my member photo. My comments are not an attack on Lana's actual appearance, at any time of her life, but on the poor quality of the photos themselves. 

The pink shirt and shorts combo with her hair down gives me strong FIILY music video vibes. She looks amazing:wub:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

Some are just not good as professional photos, or even as amatuer photographs. This is the best that she and her team can do? I'm looking at them objectively. I've never been a fan of Chuck's work. I'm glad you enjoy them and I hope others will too, as no doubt they will. 

I totally agree. I already had the magazine in my basket, but decided to check the photos inside before checkout, and removed it from the basket again, lol. Never been too much into her sisters work either. It's mostly the face expression and partly the pose which I don't like enough to buy that magazine. Not saying she looks ugly on them or so, I just think (photographer's perspective) it's possible to take much better photos of her. 

It was expensive watch it 

Britney hive, rise!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, kuntsugi said:

not yall disliking the pics from the rare occasion chunk gets it right :toofunny:

Right...the photos are beautiful and I wouldn't have known they were shot by Chuck if they didn't tell who the photographer was. Gorgeous shoot! 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

i was trying to find the similarities between the photos which the cursors show on the first pic😭😭

omg I didn't notice the cursors I just took the first one that showed her entire outfit lmaooo 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Olympia said:

I totally agree. I already had the magazine in my basket, but decided to check the photos inside before checkout, and removed it from the basket again, lol. Never been too much into her sisters work either. It's mostly the face expression and partly the pose which I don't like enough to buy that magazine. Not saying she looks ugly on them or so, I just think (photographer's perspective) it's possible to take much better photos of her. 

Thanks, full agree. I'm surprised that Rolling Stone even accepted them, even if it's Rolling Stone UK. 

A person can want to appear 'average,' 'like anyone else,' and completely unidealized or unglamorized, and the photos can be beautiful. Instagram users see thousands of old sepia, B&W, and color photos from all eras and from all over the world that have been rescued by amatuer archivists, and many of them are purely beautiful and simple. It doesn't take a whole lot to sit up straight and, in small ways, play against your particular physical slights or weaknesses of the moment, whether it be a short neck, a double chin, a weak profile, etc. 

But if you go into a photoshoot thinking "almost any photo of me [or my subject] is good or better," then you're going to get results like this.  

4 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

not yall disliking the pics from the rare occasion chunk gets it right :toofunny:

She got some of it right. 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Thanks, full agree. I'm surprised that Rolling Stone even accepted them, even if it's Rolling Stone UK. 

A person can want to appear 'average,' 'like anyone else,' and completely unidealized or unglamorized, and the photos can be beautiful. Instagram users see thousands of old sepia, B&W, and color photos from all eras and from all over the world that have been rescued by amatuer archivists, and many of them are purely beautiful and simple. It doesn't take a whole lot to sit up straight and, in small ways, play against your particular physical slights or weaknesses of the moment, whether it be a short neck, a double chin, a weak profile, etc. 

But if you go into a photoshoot thinking "almost any photo of me [or my subject] is good or better," then you're going to get results like this.  

She got some of it right. 

I also think some are really nice (mostly the ones in the outfit from the cover), and I like them probably more than other photos by Chuck. But as you said, they are so similar to each other and somehow focus on the weakest points, lol. I guess it was partly intended (as recent photography style often is...) , but one doesn't have to like the intention. ;-) 

It was expensive watch it 

chuck nailed it, the stylists nailed it, sheridan and etienne once again nailed it

I don't have a single thing to complain about this photoshoot, love it so much 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Olympia said:

I also think some are really nice (mostly the ones in the outfit from the cover), and I like them probably more than other photos by Chuck. But as you said, they are so similar to each other and somehow focus on the weakest points, lol. I guess it was partly intended (as recent photography style often is...) , but one doesn't have to like the intention. ;-) 

I understand that she's given up her previous high glamour style as a day-to-day mode, and, in her recent songs, stresses "watching tv and doing the laundry," going to the mall, and meeting for coffee as well as racing her little red sports car, but. How far in this process can someone in the public eye go? Art is often, or partially, about the seemingly magic process of transforming 'base' reality into something else. IMO, she or Rolling Stone should just have used the better photographs.