Elle

Lana covers Rolling Stone UK - April/May 2023 [INTERVIEW]

omg such a good interview! It makes sense that it was originally supposed to come out with the album release lol

And this part about Fishtail!! :excited:

"Some jokes and lines are drawn directly from conversations with her girlfriends, like on ‘Fishtail’ when a friend’s date promised he would come over to her house to braid her hair, but he never did." 

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

Did she say anything about the album?

She said a lot about the album lol 

There’s a playfulness, freedom and an honesty about her immediate reality on her new album, Did You know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd. Tracks flow in a jazzlike trance; classic piano and acoustic songs blend into hip-hop, pop, gospel and choral numbers. Colloquial lyrics move as fast as a Beat writer’s poem: they seamlessly speak to a friend about culture, offer mundane updates on what’s going on in her daily life, present notes on dark relationships. But songs frequently, as Antonoff notes, come together with a “voice of God, some joy or hopefulness”.

ALBUM OF THE CENTURY :oprah2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, DNC said:

“So, Blue Banisters was more of an explanatory album, more of a defensive album, which is why I didn’t promote it, period, at all. I didn’t want anyone to listen to it."

PLEASE

we didn’t either ma 😭😭

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

easily the best interview we've gotten from her in a while, the perfect balance of talking about her current cultural reappraisal and impact and also the fact that she has a new album coming. comprehensive, shows us her as a person and an artist. prob "the big interview" of this era, like mojo for cotcc and billboard for nfr

Wow she looks fucking hot on that cover. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

12 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Is there a US link to order?!! 😭

You can order it here, they ship worldwide!

https://www.newsstand.co.uk/195-rock-music-magazines/30683-subscribe-to-rolling-stone-uk-magazine-subscription.aspx

Just make sure you select the April/May issue

Wow that was a great interview. I am so happy to read about where she is at in her life, and truly feels unburdened and happy. 

I could not be more excited to hear this album. And what she shared about Paris and Margaret sound amazing.:true:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

5 minutes ago, DNC said:

“So, Blue Banisters was more of an explanatory album, more of a defensive album, which is why I didn’t promote it, period, at all. I didn’t want anyone to listen to it."

PLEASE

She's so camp, a comedienne through and through :blush3:

14 minutes ago, imbennett said:

“It’s giving fig tree,” says Del Rey. “It’s giving Sylvia Plath,  might be the most lana thing i've ever read

this made me laugh so hard.  Need the “it’s giving fig” merch nowwww.

great interview! And very very excited for her live shows this year- I imagine her lack of excitement previously did a lot to temper the lackluster live setlists and that this year will be a new chapter in her live shows.

aOaIzH2.gif