Elle

Lana covers Rolling Stone UK - April/May 2023 [INTERVIEW]

16 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Lana:

I think the biggest lesson that I’ve learned is that there is no lesson in these hard lessons, you just have to let it go. Not everything is going to be revealed as to why weird things happen. However, I do have a theory that if you’re trying your best and you’re willing to let go of things that you feel don’t serve the greater good of your value system, then I think you’ll always be in the right place at the right time. If you’re teetering on the edge of doing something that’s against your value system, it’s like, be careful of where angels fear to tread, they might not be able to reach you.

:wowcry:

I could spend hours asking her questions about life and her personal philosophy — in some ways, those are the best parts of every good and interesting interview she gets to do when the interviewer asks the right questions. I don’t know about everyone else, but I love hearing about her day-to-day, her mentality, what she’s reading, etc. It is so inspiring. I agree so much with what she about the goal being to meet yourself.

Edit: I’ve been reading an incredible book called Art in the Age of Artifice by J.F. Martel (recommended reading from Donna Tartt after The Secret History), and it‘s about how true art is often messy and contains symbols and is open to interpretation—it brings weirdness, otherworldliness to the real/things we know to be true; while artifice is manufactured “art” that tells you exactly what it means, what the message is, and how to feel about it (i.e. blockbuster good vs bad movies). It always makes me think who is doing it like Lana???? Literally no one. Recording automatic singing sessions to put on your major label album in the name of self-understanding and personal growth. She pushes boundaries like no other, and it’s so refreshing in the age of edited/smoothed, digital perfection on the radio. Here’s a quote from that book that reminds me of that:

”The greatness of all great art lies in its capacity to convey the Real in all its mysterious richness, not in the communication of an opinion as to what is true and false, right or wrong, possible or impossible. For a filmmaker, conveying the Real may well mean using the best take even though it contains a camera jerk or a mysterious detail that does not fit the scheme yet simply feels right. It definitely means letting chance and chaos play a part in the process so that unforeseen connections are allowed to enter into the work and augment its breadth and power. It also means letting the leaps, breakages, and interruptions that were part of the original vision make it all the way to the finished product.”

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Maam she literally just dragged yall?:prettyhurts:

She dgaf if she puts out 'bad' songs so we're getting more of them :lmao:

And her opinions on her own songs are often...eh, so another win for piano hags

1 minute ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I could spend hours asking her questions about life and her personal philosophy — in some ways, those are the best parts of every good and interesting interview she gets to do when the interviewer asks the right questions. I don’t know about everyone else, but I love hearing about her day-to-day, her mentality, what she’s reading, etc. It is so inspiring. I agree so much with what she about the goal being to meet yourself.

Agreed! She is so wise and has such a beautiful way of explaining her perspective.

15 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

Lana saying

:lmao:

Ending trap hags and melody hags before they can have a say

Is it trap?

Drag those boring piano ballads lana :defeated:

she really said take this pretentious sh*t and swallow it whole-I’ll still get acclaim with no effort 

17 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:

when fingertips is in my top 3 from the album but lana says it’s not good …. 😐

i feel like to an extent its a defensive thing. just like when she said most of her unreleased are objectively bad or that she didn't want anyone to hear blue banisters. like it seems like she's more outwardly critical about her music that's very personal. almost like it would hurt more for people to drag her music the more personal it is so she beats them to the punchline so if someone says fingertips is a bad song or that blue banisters isn't worth listening to or that her unreleased songs are unreleased bc they suck, she can be like "well i already said that first so i don't care!" almost like her "the reviews aren't aupposed to be good" from the other day

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

‘Fingertips’ is not a good song or a big song but it definitely explains everything. I felt like that was important because everyone was always like [whispers] explain yourself. And I was like, ‘Okay, let me do this really quickly, I’ll tell you everything I’m thinking in two minutes in a seven minute song and just rip through it and edit it.’ That song kind of says it all. Between that song and ‘Wildflower Wildfire’ on Blue Banisters, you can get a lot [whispers and laughs] of everything. 

and this is why I will not stand for any Fingertips slander 

36 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

She dgaf if she puts out 'bad' songs so we're getting more of them :lmao:

And her opinions on her own songs are often...eh, so another win for piano hags

In what world is fingertips a piano ballad:azealia:

11 minutes ago, living legend said:

‘Fingertips’ is not a good song or a big song but it definitely explains everything. I felt like that was important because everyone was always like [whispers] explain yourself. And I was like, ‘Okay, let me do this really quickly, I’ll tell you everything I’m thinking in two minutes in a seven minute song and just rip through it and edit it.’ That song kind of says it all. Between that song and ‘Wildflower Wildfire’ on Blue Banisters, you can get a lot [whispers and laughs] of everything. 

she just said it wasn’t a good song… I think if fans don’t like it then it’s understandable 

55 minutes ago, DCooper said:

If you’re teetering on the edge of doing something that’s against your value system, it’s like, be careful of where angels fear to tread, they might not be able to reach you.

:lange:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I think she’s says it’s not a good song because it doesn’t follow a traditional structure

its a train of thought, a poem, beautiful Melodies that tell her story

i compared it to a solo in a musical, she’s singing her thoughts

Spoiler

The way she sings the last few lines

Call me Aphrodite 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

And then now where I’m at, it’s just all the thoughts I’ve ever had in my head from the beginning that I can remember until now, like in a song called ‘Fingertips’. That would be my song that would be my least favourite song I’d ever want to talk about…

... and I can understand why. But that's what makes it such a masterpiece, imo.

50 minutes ago, living legend said:

it's clearly not a song thats supposed to be a hit like.. some people complain about how boring it is without understanding that it's basically a poem in song form. you're not really supposed to "like" it. 

😋🫶🏼

30 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

She really hates fingertips :lmao:

That would be my song that would be my least favourite song I’d ever want to talk about…

she just made it with the intention of tossing it in there and running off so we can take what we will from it, just like with WW. she probably will never listen to that song or acknowledge it again 

😋🫶🏼

1 hour ago, living legend said:

Where is this quote from?

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Spoiler

My friend Jen who lives up the street, it’s why we’re so close, she actually had the same thing, where you start thinking about the fact that the autonomic nervous system controls your breathing and your heart rate but what if it didn’t?

(excerpt from the Rolling Stone Interview) I struggle with this too, especially when I'm walking places. If I look at my arms for too long or ahead of me for too long I start to freak myself out and thinking things like "I'm a real person living with this real reality" or sometimes I can hear my heart beat and remember it could literally just stop at any moment 

😋🫶🏼

2 hours ago, imasadboy said:

Incredible Q&A interview 

https://hannahewens.substack.com/p/lana-del-rey-interview-2023-to-have-met-myself

not she saying that fingertips is not a good song

This is so interesting...I'm sad to see that she doesn't want to release the next poetry book 

I would probably feel the same way if my work got stolen like that though lol