Elle

Lana covers Rolling Stone UK - April/May 2023 [INTERVIEW]

β€œShe’s reached a point in her work, which is really my favourite place to work from, where there’s nowhere to go but way out into the fucking wilderness artistically. Go chase radio? That’d be so stupid. Go chase trends? So stupid. SheΒ createdΒ all the trends. It’s a freeing place, if you can accept it. The only place to go is to be a leader.” 

Β 

PERIODTTTTTT

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

She was right-Born to Die was for the boys- I know so many straight men who liked that album πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ it appealed to them in the same way one direction appealed to girls-stroking their ego.Β 
Β 

Not that the tumblr fanbase wasn’t at the forefrontΒ 

Β β€œLana is boundaryless,” says Antonoff. β€œShe’s reached a point in her work, which is really my favourite place to work from, where there’s nowhere to go but way out into the fucking wilderness artistically. Go chase radio? That’d be so stupid. Go chase trends? So stupid. SheΒ createdΒ all the trends. It’s a freeing place, if you can accept it. The only place to go is to be a leader.”

Β 

LOVE YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU JACK

this is the best interview and photoshoot of this era so far

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β β €Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  β € Β  Β  :Β¨ Β·.Β· Β¨:

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β  β € Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β `Β· . κ”«

the section about love in this interview really reminds me of β€˜it’s kinda hard to find love when you’re used to rolling like a rolling stone’

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

β€œLana is boundaryless,” says Antonoff. β€œShe’s reached a point in her work, which is really my favourite place to work from, where there’s nowhere to go but way out into the fucking wilderness artistically. Go chase radio? That’d be so stupid. Go chase trends? So stupid. SheΒ createdΒ all the trends. It’s a freeing place, if you can accept it. The only place to go is to be a leader.” So, she sauntered ahead with the bird on her shoulder to create what was, according to her, the easiest album she’s ever made.

Β 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β β €Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  β € Β  Β  :Β¨ Β·.Β· Β¨:

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β  β € Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β `Β· . κ”«

I’m a longtime lurker who rarely posts but I just have to say I really loved this interview. It feels like the best interview that we’ve gotten in years. She really does seem more at peace and happier. I love her so much. That interview just felt like I was talking with a girlfriend. I love her recollections about life and love. So excited for the new album.

I love this interview. It’s such a vicarious feeling to read that she’s reached a place she has always wanted to get to. I’m so excited for this record and to hear all of the labouring she’s done in her lifeΒ through the music. We really stan the most prolificΒ and generousΒ artist that there is!Β 

"LanaΒ DelΒ ReyΒ had not felt enthusiastic forΒ more than a decade."

Β 

So she hadn't felt enthusiastic while making the next 8 albums she released?(including Ocean Blvd?)Β 

interesting

Β 

In conclusion, LDR10 is going to be the best album on Earth cause she feels once again enthusiastic and changed for the better:flutter:The world is not ready

Β 

Β 

Β 

15 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

her saying she didn’t want anyone to listen to Blue Banisters lol she’s so real for that cause I don’t wanna listen to it either

Β 

I knew someone was going to say this lmfaoΒ :hide:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Instead, you have the uncanny sense of experiencing a deceptively understated human being like a David Lynch or Joan Didion or Patti Smith: an artist who either created a world, documented the world or really lived in the world. If you’re Del Rey, you simultaneously and prolifically do all three.

Β 

wow I love thisΒ :xcry:

faSE.gif

1 hour ago, Cherry Blossom said:

the line about taco truck being the dirty heavy OG version of venice bitch oh i peed so much

Β 

already shitting myself thinking how she's gonna close this album with a bangerΒ :gurl:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ