Sign in to follow this  
Elle

[SINGLE] The Grants: OUT NOW

Lana Del Rey's third single, The Grants, from her upcoming album Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd is out now on streaming platforms.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

"I'm gonna take, mine of you with me" :pray2:

"uh, MIND! say it again, MIND of you with me. thank you, one more time, ready?" :sideeye:

"I'm gonna take mind of you with me" :oopna2:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

loved the song. especially some moments where the music swells and those minor chords ugh :blanche7: so good

still though- no opener can compete with the born to die or honeymoon strings

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

So much better with Apple Music/Spotify quality :hair:

I'm gonna take mine of you with me!!!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I hadn't listened to any of the leaks, so this is the first time I'm hearing the song. 

It took three or four listens to REALLY click - but wow. Not only is this beautiful, but it's perfect as the opener for Ocean Blvd. Emotionally affecting, but not necessarily sad or tragic - she's acknowledging the pain she's been through and has been processing ("for my family line"), the juxtaposition of Chuck's baby and her grandma's passing. I know the Rocky Mountain High line has been interpreted elsewhere as referencing her uncle passing, but I also think it could be coupled with "It's a beautiful life - remember that, too, for me" - she often references other songs that she loves in her songs, and all of these songs are just one more beautiful thing she will take with her, along with the pain and glory. 

And I love, love, love the intro with her beautiful singers - it's such a warm, inviting, pleasing introduction to the album. And their voices are so beautiful. 

Ugh!!! I need March 24th to be here now!! :crying5:

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

1 hour ago, #FreeCandyNecklace said:

It took three or four listens to REALLY click - but wow.

After my first listen I said to my boyfriend something along the lines of: 

“Sometimes, listening to Lana is like attending a world-class five star breakfast buffet. You’re spoiled for choice, if not completely overwhelmed. Maybe you discover the selection of fruit immediately, and they’re so juicy and flavourful that you don’t think it’s necessary to even check out the rest of the buffet. But then the next morning you discover the section with the baked goods. And not only are they even more incredible than what you could have imagined, they’re all the more better because you decided to add yesterday’s strawberries to today’s French toast. You already thought that the strawberries were delicious on their own, but you had no idea how much better they’d taste when paired with the French toast.”

Mind you, it’s late on a Tuesday evening for me. I’ve only listened to the Grants in full about four times as it stands right now, and my sleeping meds mixed with three glasses of wine are absolutely kicking in at high force right now. But I think the note I want to end off with is: IT KEEPS IMPROVING WITH EACH LISTEN. And I say this with pure sincerity. The lyrics, melody, tone, and themes are currently blending into the most beautiful cocktail right now.

I don’t know why I had to write an entire life story just to convey this message. But fuck it lol.

Her vocals in some parts remind me of her older ballads, like Beautiful People, French Restaurant, Cherry Blossom etc. And the backing vocals are making me want this whole album on tour, performed front to back. An EXPERIENCE that would be.

It’s a cute track but it definitely doesn’t have 90s diva vibes-it’s definitely the better instrumental piano wise from this and ocean 

- it would have been nice to hear her really go for it vocally as it is a gospel track.

I find her tracks sound so much worse on YT lately compared to Apple Music