wow that was so beautiful ๐Ÿ˜ญ:flutter:ย the backing vocals and intro were heavenlyyย :trisha:

ย ย 0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

ย 

๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ˜…๏ฝก๏พŸ๏ฝฅย ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ,ย ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐œ๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐๐ข๐ž-๐ก๐š๐ซ๐, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ˜…๏ฝก๏พŸ๏ฝฅ

There's something so beautiful about the way this song builds and how it really is such an ode to all of the people and things Lana loves. It's one of the most cathartic tracks I've heard from Lana to be honest. The strings and the harmonies are so emotionallyย poignant. This track is just one that hits for me, and it gets better with each listen.ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย imageproxy.jpg

Fuck, this was such an amazing experience! Itโ€™s probably my least fav from the released so far but thatโ€™s not really a bad thing. They are all really close. Those girlsย took this song and made it into a hymn of paradise, I love them so much. This is a new layer of Americana uncovered by Lana that I didnโ€™t know I needed. Plus the song is very cinematic and as a Honeymoon stan Iโ€™m all here for it

Whoever wrote that annotation on Genius abt her grandmother...ย they said it's about her grandmother Beatrice Dautresme, but her grandmothers were called Cynthia (Grant) and Madeline (Hill) lmaoย Lana's M handย tattoo literally was in memory of the latter.

I already corrected it

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I had hopes for something different after A&W... but well....ย 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I had hopes for something different after A&W... but well....ย 

yeah.. no. I really donโ€™t see twerky bops working well in a song about Lanaโ€™s literal dead grandmothers โ€ฆ.

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

yeah.. no. I really donโ€™t see twerky bops working well in a song about Lanaโ€™s literal dead grandmothers โ€ฆ.

i wasn't expecting twerky bops either haha but like maybe something a little diverse than the usual piano?ย 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Just now, ShadesOfViolence said:

she says 'mind' right? not mine

Mine!ย 
ย 

When you leave

all you take is memories

i will take mine (as in memories)ย of you with meย 

ย 

in the beginning it sounds like mind because of the very ย elaborate enunciation by the choir girls (something not that uncommon for gospel afaik)ย 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

i wasn't expecting twerky bops either haha but like maybe something a little diverse than the usual piano?ย 

Spoiler

It seems a good part of OC--not necessarily the majority--is going to be beautiful andย well-crafted, butย sleepy, ballads. After COCC and BB, we know a lot of fans and Stans feel they've had enough of that, and there were several on NFR! too.

ย 

A lot of the production on everything we've heard so far still sounds very muted to me, especially compared to the tracks on BB, and, looking at other work of Jack's, Lorde's 'Solar Power' album.ย ย For me, this is not a plus.ย 

ย 

Has anyone caught up on the part when she singsย 

ย 

"Do you think about heaven?

Ah, ha

Do you think about me?

My pastor told me

When you leave all you take

Ah, ha"

ย 

and especially those ah, ha are really similar to I can Fly's melody? From the first listening it really sounded very familiar, and I think that's just it.ย