I know it’s another piano ballad, but it still sounds fresh to me. Like Ocean Blvd., the production is fairly minimal, but it’s also undeniably deliberate, with the fat trimmed. The song takes you by the hand as it builds from the unexpected vocal intro to the soaring finale. It’s subtle and refined and gorgeous.

f9da8b3aee8139f5272b25f6c2fa7d6e.gif

1 minute ago, Rico25 said:

My pastor Tommy :trisha:

Wait isn't it "my pastor told me"? :rollin:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I've lost my grandma and my father in the last two years so this is hitting harder than it should :crai: Like this song is so pure and beautiful and important to me 

I hope this post doesn’t come off too hokey but I’ve been trying to put my finger on what makes The Grants so great to me. It’s taken me a few weeks of listening to it before today to figure it out. 

I had a lot of loss last year, death of a loved one, death of a pet, and the end of a really great relationship, all within 3 months. I really got deep into music in the months that followed, Lana, Taylor, and a few others. I found lots of songs that I could identify with, sing along to, shouting to the lyrics saying how I was feeling. While this was cathartic, I was often left with a feeling afterwards of “well what now?”

The Grants has all these same qualities for me, but in some way it gives me the answer to the “what now?” question. I take those memories of all that I have lost, along with me for the rest of my life, and move forward. 

Maybe the song just came out at the right time in my life, where I am ready to take the next step, but the lyrics tell me exactly what I needed to hear. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Just now, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Okay I’m confused,

is it mine or mind? Obviously makes sense it’s mine and that she’s saying mine, but the intro throws me off Cuz it sounds back and forth lol 

i'm sure it's mind. lana clarified in the interview the mine was an error and she liked it so kept it in

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Okay I’m confused,

is it mine or mind? Obviously makes sense it’s mine and that she’s saying mine, but the intro throws me off Cuz it sounds back and forth lol 

Take mind of you with me, is kind of a saying meaning taking your memory with me.

It’s definitely mind. 

3 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

i'm sure it's mind. lana clarified in the interview the mine was an error and she liked it so kept it in

It’s exactly the other way around. Mind is the error. 
I wanna take mine [as in my memories of my family/loved ones] of you with me

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

It took me two listens to get into the intro, but I like it. I think I'd prefer The Grants without it, but it's existence doesn't take away from the song imo.

The piano in the beginning is so stunning, as is the instrumentation throughout the song. And I love how clear her voice is. This one pierced right through to the heart for me, her tone when singing about doing it for the family line, and the verses about Phoenix and her grandmother...just wow :crying4:

It's a beautiful life
Remember that, too, for me :crai:

Genuinely confused by the mixed reactions on here. :eartha2: 

Some opinions I've been reading feel very dramatic. Maybe it just needs some time to grow on y'all? Idk. She's 3-3 for me, easily.