Spoiler

One 😊, two😉, ready😚

I’m gonna take mine/mind with/of you with me😆🤭

Ah 🧐, mine!😤 Say it again!🙄

Mine 🙄 of you with me😌

Thank you🤗, one more time☺️

unnamed.gif

9 hours ago, Your Favorite Boy said:

The Grandmother’s line brings me to tears. Literally.

yeah that one hits hard :cryney2: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Some thoughts that stuck with me after listening to The Grant's:

Finding and exploring my identity have always been priority, not through the broken family, the rotten roots but through focus insight and clarity about what i will or will not give my energy, mind and body to.

The only foundation i had was of exploring the thought of an identity through over coming years of experiencing chronic pain, bullying, alienation, and cult like religion

Not being able to have that experience of exploring the thought of an identity through family and heritage I wanted no part of, took things, many things away from me.

Not only did my only sense of foundation come from isolation but it's where I also found I could build myself back up through focus insight

I want to create a new family "karmic lineage" not with broken and rotten roots but roots that we can be proud of, roots that bear fruit of my own eager awareness

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls:

Have we determined who she’s talking to in the first verse?

So you say there’s a chance for us

Should I do a dance for once?

You’re a family man, but

But

I personally think “should I do a dance for once?” is actually a sarcastic line and she might be talking to Sean with these lines 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

53 minutes ago, turquoisejewel said:

I wonder what does this mean..

Her delivery of it sounds sarcastic with the emphasis of “for once”. Ideally you would dance with good news but the way she says it makes it sound like this person has said this before (about them having a chance) and it’s an empty promise. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

30 minutes ago, fine china said:

Her delivery of it sounds sarcastic with the emphasis of “for once”. Ideally you would dance with good news but the way she says it makes it sound like this person has said this before (about them having a chance) and it’s an empty promise. 

your mind :wowcry:

this song is particularly tricky for me because I instantly think of it as "family" related but when you put it that way it does make sense she's talking to a partner...

at first I thought she was talking to Rob since she keeps bringing this concept of "family line" which correlates to her karmic lineage that she brought up in BBS and well, I'm rambling at this point.

I do find the concept of death all over it. Not as a bad thing tho, literally and metaphorically as both an ending and a new beginning to something better on the other side.

Edited by turquoisejewel
I'm dumb and use the same words in every sentence lol

i don't hate this song but it's really gonna need quite a few listens.

the intro shouldn't've been as long as it was (shoulda stopped after "one, two, ready"). and generally i don't like album openers and closers being singles. i wanna experience the start of an album when i'll get context after the first song (if you know what i meaned).

gonna try to fall in love with it by march 24th :/