On 3/16/2023 at 12:42 PM, average BB enjoyer said:

i don't hate this song but it's really gonna need quite a few listens.

the intro shouldn't've been as long as it was (shoulda stopped after (one, two, ready). and generally i don't like album openers and closers being singles. i wanna experience the start of an album when i'll get context after the first song (if you know what i meaned).

gonna try to fall in love with it by march 24th :/

my opinion was STUPID here lmao i love the grants now:defeated:

Edited by turquoisejewel
i'm dumb

1 hour ago, turquoisejewel said:

your mind :wowcry:

this song is particularly tricky for me because I instantly think of it as "family" related but when you put it that way it does make sense she's talking to a partner...

at first I thought she was talking to Rob since she keeps bringing this concept of "family line" which correlates to her karmic lineage that she brought up in BBS and well, I'm rambling at this point.

I do find the concept of death all over it. Not as a bad thing tho, literally and metaphorically as both an ending and a new beginning to something better on the other side.

Especially with her saying “you’re a family man, but, but…” it makes me think of Sean possibly stringing her along while he was engaged. He would claim he cares about family and seemed to have at one point promised her a family of their own and yet…

I’m coming back to this to say maybe the “hard stuff” she’s mentioning in the second verse includes her letting go of this relationship because it’s what spurred her to look into her family history and now she’s learned what she needs to. She’s left the relationship in the past for her family line. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

i can’t listen to this song without crying. i lost two ppl very close to me last year one in august and another in december and the thought of taking memories with u after u leave is just making me cry so much every time

10 hours ago, peachlipgloss said:

i can’t listen to this song without crying. i lost two ppl very close to me last year one in august and another in december and the thought of taking memories with u after u leave is just making me cry so much every time

"my grandmother's last smile" hurts.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

5 hours ago, Harry Nilsson said:

streams are coming back :party:

Her best opener since Born to Die did that :gclap:

I personally love this song

A red rose grew up out of ice frozen ground. With no one around to tweet it, While I bathe in cliffside pools.With my calamitous love and insurmountable grief.:hooker:

On 3/14/2023 at 8:02 PM, Veinsineon said:

I feel like this entire part of the song, the singers are saying "Mind", even the lady correcting the other singers sounds like she's saying Mind.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that it is mind. When one of the performer is correcting, she's definitely saying Mind and when they all continue, they are definitely saying that as well. 

Lana is mumbling so we don't hear the D at the end and that's probably why the backup singers got it wrong at first (The probably learned by listening and not by reading the correct lyrics).

This and grandfather build so well to that climax-moment in their respective songs that I just love hearing. Here the song reaches it's high point with the line "my sister's first born child" which is very telling. She must love that baby so much.

On 3/14/2023 at 8:22 PM, yayogirl said:

WHAT THE HELL is the vibe of the album at this point?????? Depressed christian hoe? whatever it is mother's taking us to church tonight

MOTHER IS MOTHERING