hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

2023 will be interesting for us, to say the least, because many of her projects are unfinished:

- is SYTH part of an EP or some unreleased collection ? (Seriously doubt it’s the case though)

- what about the covers? And the « audiobook » to Behind the Iron Gates? 
- are there enough songs already to have a new album in 2024?

- and there are the country songs recorded with Nikki… 

My dream project: either a deluxe edition to Ocean Blvd with SYTH (doesn’t totally fit the album, but it shares some similarities with The Grants) and a couple of new songs / outtakes; or a summer EP with SYTH and some wilder tracks like the last three of Ocean Blvd.

12 minutes ago, ADDICTEDTOLANA said:

Yeah cause she’s known for doing everything the fans want lol 

:agree: although that Rolling Stone interview revealed she was excited for her career and was willing to take more risks… Maybe she is in a good mood enough to let go of older tracks that fans want… 

A mastermind, releasing YTH when she said yes to Evan :true:

On a more serious note, I love this song and I'm excited to see if it does get released officially and in which form. It reminds me a lot of other 60's/70's inspired songs she has sprinkled through her recent lighter and softer work (Tomorrow Never Came, Let the Light In).

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

3 minutes ago, Velours said:

A mastermind, releasing YTH when she said yes to Evan :true:

On a more serious note, I love this song and I'm excited to see if it does get released officially and in which form. It reminds me a lot of other 60's/70's inspired songs she has sprinkled through her recent lighter and softer work (Tomorrow Never Came, Let the Light In).

yes to heavean

4 hours ago, angel galore said:

if this is THE surprise i'll be a little disappointed ngl... but it's a beautiful song and i'm happy for it to be officially released

..yall THE SURPRISE was the huge record store listening party :lmao:

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

I won't ever complain for "new" Lana but I wonder why now :um2:

Maybe she recorded a new version that she prefers now cause I'm sure her label begged her to release it when it was really really popular (still is I think) but she couldn't be bothered :hide:

If she releases it I hope it has the drums on the chorus cause I love that part (unless I just made that up cause I'm so lost with all those versions :thumb2:

giphy.gif

I’d love Drew to have added some strings to SYTH :flutter: 

My preference for this song would be something that is close the first version we got (although it sounds a lot like Linda Rondstat’s song). The other versions didn’t do much for me, TBH :pft:

Ill take it it’s a standalone single, but the only EP that would matter would be SYTH-Fine China - Your Girl. :true:

32 minutes ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

Jack and Laura probably :oic2:

HIAB had the Jack touch and I love it :true::bebe:

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I won't ever complain for "new" Lana but I wonder why now :um2:

Maybe she recorded a new version that she prefers now cause I'm sure her label begged her to release it when it was really really popular (still is I think) but she couldn't be bothered :hide:

If she releases it I hope it has the drums on the chorus cause I love that part (unless I just made that up cause I'm so lost with all those versions :thumb2:

Could be one of the later:

1- she finally let go of the idea of including it on a new album;

2- she has a wedding coming and she needs the coins to pay for it :thumb3:

3- it’s not a tough song to sing and could be included on the set list for this summer’s venues;

4- it’s popular enough but the hype has died down a bit to not overshadow Ocean Blvd (if she had released it in February, the new LP would have disappeared from the GP’s attention, I fear);

5- she is just happy and decided « What the hell not? »