hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

6 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Apparently all of David Kahne's AKA. She constantly refers to Steven Mertens being the producer of her first album (therefore not acknowledging the released version) and has expressed a desire to rework all the songs from that album before the release of Paradise which included a new version of Yayo.

So yeah, I think that would be it. I think we can include all the songs she mentioned in her live stream, along with the ones she performed live as her faves. All the songs she decided to re-record or has considered to include on later projects as well.

So, I would say her faves are:

- TV in Black & White

- Us Against the World

- Hollywood

- Caught You Boy

- On Our Way

- Trash Magic

- Hollywood's Dead

- You Can Be the Boss

- Yes to Heaven

- Fine China

- Paradise

- Driving in Cars with Boys

- Ooh Baby (Are You Ready)

Viral songs from TikTok she might include:

- Jealous Girl

- Queen of Disaster

- Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

i don't think she hates AKA, she's mentioned it a few times here and there throughout her mainstream career, as recent as the billboard awards event she attended, i can't think of any instances where she specifically said it was produced by steven mertens, but she's also mentioned david kahne throughout the years as well, she actually spoke to him again while recording her cover of "doin' time" since he produced the original song, we know she likes kill kill, and she referenced "jump" on "fishtail" so i wouldn't say she hates the album, but i'm sure she has complicated feelings about it since it didn't really take off and she was kinda pushed to leave it behind when she became "lana del rey"

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

51 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

the only songs that need official releases

Roses Bloom For You

Noir

Hollywood's Dead

On Our Way

Driving In Cars With Boys

Valley Of The Dolls

the others i dont feel like i need re records of

Passionately disagree with some of those choices and would include a lot more than that :smokes: 

but hey, everything is a question of personal preferences. And nobody is right or wrong :kiss:

3 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Apparently all of David Kahne's AKA. She constantly refers to Steven Mertens being the producer of her first album (therefore not acknowledging the released version) and has expressed a desire to rework all the songs from that album before the release of Paradise which included a new version of Yayo.

So yeah, I think that would be it. I think we can include all the songs she mentioned in her live stream, along with the ones she performed live as her faves. All the songs she decided to re-record or has considered to include on later projects as well.

- TV in Black & White

- Us Against the World

- Hollywood

- Caught You Boy

- On Our Way

- Trash Magic

- Hollywood's Dead

- You Can Be the Boss

- Yes to Heaven

- Fine China

- Paradise

Viral songs from TikTok she might include:

- Jealous Girl

- Queen of Disaster

- Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

Thanks for the insight! Some things I knew but many others I learned :kiss:

26 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Let's not forget Making Out. To me, that's pure early Lana. It makes a good step-sister to Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight. 

Making Out is a bop yes! but afaik Lana's never publicly acknowledged it/intended to release it like these other songs, so I'm not sure she would pick that one for a possible unreleased collection. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 minute ago, Coloringbooks said:

Making Out is a bop yes! but afaik Lana's never publicly acknowledged it/intended to release it like these other songs, so I'm not sure she would pick that one for a possible unreleased collection 

I just found out that this song exists :eartha2:

i'm a fcking local :kum:

19 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Let's not forget Making Out. To me, that's pure early Lana. It makes a good step-sister to Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight. 

even tho it sounds old it was made in december 2011 and was intended only for pitching to another artist so she probably forgot about it in a month but i agree this songs is very underrated

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 hour ago, Coloringbooks said:

Additional strong candidates imo: Hundred Dollar Bill, Kinda Outta Luck, I Talk to Jesus, Your Girl.

And some more possibilities maybe: Disco, Axl Rose Husband, Elvis, Motel 6…

Actually I'm gonna elaborate on this a bit more and explain why I chose these particular songs if anyone is curious:

Spoiler

Hundred Dollar Bill: performed live, SoundCloud release, included on BTD sampler.

Kinda Outta Luck: SoundCloud release, included on BTD sampler, the music video was still available on Lana's channel in 2011 with YCBTB/Video Games iirc.
I Talk to Jesus: I don't think she's ever publicly acknowledged this one but we know she liked it a lot and wanted to release it. Registered to PPL in 2014 with Fine China and Your Girl.

Your Girl: intended to release on Ultraviolence and even has a Rob Orton mix, she acknowledged the song in 2021 on Instagram.

Disco: performed live, Myspace and Reverbnation release, teased through Instagram in 2017.

Axl Rose Husband: Myspace release, David Kahne studio version exists, lyrics heavily reused for Paradise (2015 song)

Elvis: Myspace release, seemingly included on January 2013 Tropico list, used for 2018 Elvis film.

Motel 6: Not acknowledged publicly afaik, but has loads of versions by different producers— she must've liked this one.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I just think her or her team have missed the opportunity already?

I would fully support an unreleased record, if it was material from the archives that we'd never heard! However I just think if they were planning to release leaks something would've been done for the 10th anniversary of Born To Die in 2022?

Of course I love a lot of her leaked material but it's there, it's accessible, unless it was re-recorded or had new production elements (like Thunder or If You Lie Down With Me) then I don't really see a point? 

Say Yes To Heaven was a missed opportunity, which kinda proves if this unreleased album is a thing then they aren't doing it for the streams or money, otherwise they would've been dropping these singles as they were trending on tiktok etc.

In a dream world it's something that Lana would fully commit to in the future (like what Madonna is allegedly doing with her back catalogue), giving us an archive from each of her projects with demos, alternate mixes, never heard before tracks and final masters of the leaks! Package that with some unseen imagery from the album shoots and I'd buy every single one!

But judging by the way the Blue Banisters tracks were handled it's gonna be a YouTube to MP3 affair with fan voted top 10 leaks... And I just don't know if her artistry needs to go from albums like NFR! or Ocean Blvd to a compilation of Serial Killer's and Dum Dum's?

3 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

- TV in Black & White

- Us Against the World

- Hollywood

- Caught You Boy

- On Our Way

- Trash Magic

- Hollywood's Dead

- You Can Be the Boss

- Yes to Heaven

- Fine China

- Paradise

i think she also likes disco and elvis since she acknowledged them in the past, Elvis was used for some film as far as i remember

to add, i saw someone say (maybe boz) that she likes california (unreleased) as well, no idea how he'd know that tho :tommy:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

24 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

i think she also likes disco and elvis since she acknowledged them in the past, Elvis was used for some film as far as i remember

to add, i saw someone say (maybe boz) that she likes california (unreleased) as well, no idea how he'd know that tho :tommy:

yeah, boz said that leaking california (2015) was a "mistake" (as in, it was a bad idea to leak that one) and that she really likes that one, and that there's several versions

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

i really dont want this unreleased album if its going to just be the super popular viral songs :uncomfortable: seems super tailored to the GP and doesnt make sense in her discography 

49 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

even tho it sounds old it was made in december 2011 and was intended only for pitching to another artist so she probably forgot about it in a month but i agree this songs is very underrated

It's great fun! Thanks for chiming in. 

57 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

But has she ever mentioned it or reconsidered it for inclusion on anything?

But it's still great.  I wouldn't mind an entire new album of Making Outs and MMITPM.