hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

Just now, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Neros is gonna go on an ego trip all over again  :thumb3:

oh wbk 

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

i have a lot of bad things to say about tiktok and specially tiktok stans but isn't amazing how they managed to get this to be released? something lana herself tried to do repeatedly for 10 years but never actually did! maybe being annoying enough really works :true:

1 hour ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

I didn’t say it was "never a thing" but there is just as much evidence contradicting any theories of it ever being an album. 💀 It was probably just a placeholder title and nothing else.

neither did u say tropico was a ready album, that theory is indeed just a theory that doesnt have any evidence, but the fact that it was going to be an album till one particular moment is pretty and pretty strong, im telling that there were draft, there were tags on OG files, the sound of her then-current songs, that lana described in early 2013 interviews matches with stuff from late 2012-mid 2013 we've got, i dont know how these facts still arent contradicting the fact that tropico was a different thing from ultraviolence and that it clearly was in its production stage to become, in some time, an actual album, i dont know clearly why it was discarded but I personally suppose it was because of the leak, or deadlines or whatever, we dont know for sure, and then she moved on and significally changed the sound

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Drag me for saying this but I feel like MAYBE this release subtly indicates she doesn’t care that much about this song anymore. I enjoy it, and it will probably be the version of this song I listen to most frequently from this moment unto eternity, but it kinda feels incomplete without a bridge, and it’s abbreviated structure feels largely influenced by modern viral music trends. Ocean Boulvard was any thing BUT modern viral music trends so this being so makes me wonder if she’s kinda over it? Which I wouldn’t blame her for considering it’s been leaked and listened to for a while. There’s less of an anticipation for folks 2 hear it because most people who are into her already have. 

This isn’t to say she’s never cared about it because it’s a very nice song, but ya know. 

51 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think the vocals do sound new, which parts are old and new 

i’d really like to know if she re-recorded it 

i really like her vocal take in the new version :ohno:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

56 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

i actually think is insane that this got released but not serial killer or you can be the boss :smile3:

i understand tiktok success played a big part on this release but to me those 2 feel like such quintessential unreleased lana songs, if i could think of any unreleased being released it would be those two lol

I think the song fits best thematically with some others from Ocean Blvd and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on a deluxe version. :dua:

47 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

It doesn’t sound newly recorded at all.

Also, how exactly does @fl0r1dakil0s know? 

They heard the song way before you did that’s for sure😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

17 minutes ago, revadece said:

it transitions so nicely to blue version of thunder, i wish she included it on that album

See this is why she should have never made bb in the first place and just put out an unreleased comp since that’s 3/4th of bb anyway😭😭😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 hours ago, the greatest bitch said:

lol like how can someone listen to sped up versions genuinely 

Because people have ADHD and their IQ is mega low.

So you hear this sped up 1 minute song and you get a shot of dopamine to your little chicken brain.

That's why "pop" nowadays is basically 3 or less minutes of hooks.

Also explains why Lana with her dreamy 5 minutes ballads hasn't had a hit since Doin' Time. If she started releasing sped up versions of everything and added some drums, she'd probably be number 1. That's where we're at.....

1 hour ago, domandapiano said:

Drag me for saying this but I feel like MAYBE this release subtly indicates she doesn’t care that much about this song anymore. I enjoy it, and it will probably be the version of this song I listen to most frequently from this moment unto eternity, but it kinda feels incomplete without a bridge, and it’s abbreviated structure feels largely influenced by modern viral music trends. Ocean Boulvard was any thing BUT modern viral music trends so this being so makes me wonder if she’s kinda over it? Which I wouldn’t blame her for considering it’s been leaked and listened to for a while. There’s less of an anticipation for folks 2 hear it because most people who are into her already have. 

This isn’t to say she’s never cared about it because it’s a very nice song, but ya know. 

Interscope probably asked her to remove the bridge for the sake of brevity. "Market research shows that 3 minute songs do best yadda yadda yadda"

20 minutes ago, taco truck said:

See this is why she should have never made bb in the first place and just put out an unreleased comp since that’s 3/4th of bb anyway😭😭😭

I'm still just pretending that BB never happened.

Although I do get pissed off when I see "Blue Banisters" on the LDR Essentials playlist on Spotify. Like, what's "essential" about that song? No one cars that it exists. 

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

honestly, i think they just wanted to boost lana's streaming number.

most songs off OB haven't exactly broken iTunes streaming wise, they're kinda low.m

candy necklace isn't doing much either

i wish she waited a bit with this - it's coming across as a tad desparate. But it's a good song, so whatever

i mean its a different version than what went viral and they waited til after thw tiktok hype around the song died down so its not that desperate. i've already seen fans complain that this version of thw song is "too slow" and "too boring" and "has no drums" and that thwy're gonna continue to listen to the leaked versions so while it might boost her streams a bit, it won't be as much it could've if she was really desperate. if she was really desperate, she would've released a leaked version untouched and would've done it a couple months ago.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

1 hour ago, domandapiano said:

I think it’s pretty much always the case for songs that are out as a standalone single or that were on bonus tracks: she was sure those wouldn’t be on any album ever (explaining some questionable choices on the UV deluxe tracks when others would have been way more fitting and better)

To me, This version might be the one that integrates and blends the best all the elements of passed versions. It’s very lovely and dreamy.