hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

We are linked bestie bc I just listened for the first time too and it’s nice and simple and enjoyable although I do miss the more dynamic drums! Great observations :true:

love that for us :hooker: 

Does anybody know why I can’t seem to find this song for purchase on the iTunes Store? Is it under a different name?

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

also i feel like the new production makes the song fall flat

in the James Ford version the guitar loops drops for the second verse and then comes back for the second chorus, and after the second chorus we get a bridge/instrumental break with new chords, also the drum pattern changes throughout the song, all of these things make the song interesting and like a journey, but all of these things were removed from the released version, and it makes it feel like a loop almost

if I was James Ford, I would be fuming over the fact that 20 million people illegally streamed my song a year ago, did not see a penny from it, and now the official release is not even my version

image.png

Although I prefer the released version to the unreleased version, I still don't love the song, I lowkey never have (pretty mid for a Lana song imo), but I'm glad it will get the attention on TikTok and hopefully chart on radio.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

6 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Does anybody know why I can’t seem to find this song for purchase on the iTunes Store? Is it under a different name?

I can’t find it either!

5 minutes ago, lmdr said:

if I was James Ford, I would be fuming over the fact that 20 million people illegally streamed my song a year ago, did not see a penny from it, and now the official release is not even my version

20? The video that was pulled had over 60 million views.

This new version won’t even get 1/10th that lol :lmao:

18 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

listening to this version for the first time and its actually so pretty. a lot of dreamy elements were added n it has even more atmosphere than other versions. i hope lana enjoyed making this version n continues to add more atmosphere to future songs. i do miss the heavier drums but the bass line drums are enough to make the song interesting. 

similar situation with thunder demo and bb version! 

i don’t think lana was pressured to release the song, but the fact that she didn’t say a word about it when it’s released (or at least that’s for now) makes me feel like it was more of a commercial move than the song meaning so much to her she had to release it as a single. i don’t think it was 100% commercial move because lana wanted to include this song in many albums and now maybe she can finally feels like she ‘freed’ herself from the song but i don’t think she would release it like that if it wasn’t for popularity 

the way my last.fm is ecstatic this is finally released so it can rank where it should !! call me a simpleton, but it’s always been my favorite unreleased track, so dreamy 😭 I’d love to get more from her in this space. I hope it charts well for her and makes that 💸💸💸

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Well, good luck with that. 

The original demo (James Ford slightly sped up version not the Honeymoon version) went viral because it’s the version people loved and everything about it was the reason it became so mainstream and popular. It wasn’t the smartest business move to tweak and alter it as much as Lana and her team did. People expected that specific version with the drums and all to be released, not a watered down version that clearly lacks in comparison.

It’ll smash as hard as BAR and Thunder.

you always underestimate lana's performance on streaming and sells. people love the song and are impacted by the official release and it WILL be a hit, just get over it. only lana stans care and know about this version thing 

9 hours ago, barttttender said:

The fact that it even exists.... 🤦🏻‍♂️ tiktok dumbing down the planet (even more)

i don’t like sped up versions either but let’s not act like they’re only a tiktok thing… 😭 

nightcore versions of songs have been a thing since the early 2000s!!

6 hours ago, barttttender said:

Because people have ADHD and their IQ is mega low.

:pls: interesting correlation to make there

LMFAOO he's so underwhelmed by it as he should

the sped up version being released is definitely a crime

b08TjiS.png

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg