hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

I actually like this version a lot. Something about the calmness of it feels very fitting. It's funny because I was never a big fan of this song, and yet the only versions of it that I really like are the only ones that turned out to be real :oopna: However I will personally be ignoring the sped of version as to not go into a philosophical rant about social media 

imageproxy.jpg

The song is and has always been cute. It’s a nice song to play while driving around with the windows open. It’s not her strongest and I would’ve preferred something like Serial Killer or Queen of Disaster getting an official release before this but at least we have closure now and this song can finally rest in peace!!!!!

faSE.gif

Leave it to Lana to make a beloved song sound as understated and underwhelming as possible, her pre-NFR/bombastic self is rolling in her grave

dETV4Hj.gif

40 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

you always underestimate lana's performance on streaming and sells. people love the song and are impacted by the official release and it WILL be a hit, just get over it. only lana stans care and know about this version thing 

Underestimate what exactly? The songs I said would flop bombed.

Such as how the Ocean Blvd title track was a flop when I heard it. People in here celebrating its early streaming numbers :lmao:. Now crickets.

The new version is a huge bomb, I’m sorry. And you’re severely underestimating the general public. For example, Doin Time wasn’t a hit until Lana recorded it. People can and will like a specific version of a song. Without You by Mariah? Harry Nilsson’s version was a flop.

This version is not a hit. I’m more baffled how they wasted their time doing a sped up version too :toofunny:.

2 hours ago, Elle said:

Kali Uchis?? :wat: When did she say this?? Honestly I wouldn’t be too bothered, Elle Loaiza still has a nice ring to it for when we eventually get married 8056-FD5-D-4-A74-459-A-BD47-CDF313893-A5-E

If this reversion of stage names becomes a common trend, then I hope Marina is next. Marina Diamandis is just such a slay, I always wonder why she didn’t revert to it when she dropped The Diamonds x

so true bestie I think the same every time I go to her discography 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Well, good luck with that. 

The original demo (James Ford slightly sped up version not the Honeymoon version) went viral because it’s the version people loved and everything about it was the reason it became so mainstream and popular. It wasn’t the smartest business move to tweak and alter it as much as Lana and her team did. People expected that specific version with the drums and all to be released, not a watered down version that clearly lacks in comparison.

It’ll smash as hard as BAR and Thunder.

Once again: She didn’t tweak shit. This version is the one that was once prepared for an official release. We know the Rick Nowels OG version was mixed and mastered to be released on UV as bonus track. 

James Ford's version was only ever a demo. They did to see how it could sound with a few tweaks.

1 hour ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

also i feel like the new production makes the song fall flat

in the James Ford version the guitar loops drops for the second verse and then comes back for the second chorus, and after the second chorus we get a bridge/instrumental break with new chords, also the drum pattern changes throughout the song, all of these things make the song interesting and like a journey, but all of these things were removed from the released version, and it makes it feel like a loop almost

I know I keep repeating myself but this is not a "new" version. :hillary:

I do agree however that James' version should have been released but then again…she can't just release it if he isn’t on board and she most definitely cannot send it to be mixed and mastered if she doesn’t have access to his session files/stems. The only other option would have been to use a YouTube rip and I don’t think she was gonna clown us like that again.

This was probably the version that was the most easily accessible and also ready to be mixed in Dolby Atmos.

12 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

what needs closure is On Our Way, that "spin me round kiss me in your chevrolet" lyric was thrown around a ton before finding it's home (OOW) therefore it deserves to see the light :oprah3: 

I wanna know whatever the fuck Prom Song (Gone Wrong) was gonna blend into. The song cuts off so strangely at the end. No one can convince there was nothing meant to follow. :oprah3:

Is it time to delulu? 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, maysparkle said:

Does anybody know why I can’t seem to find this song for purchase on the iTunes Store? Is it under a different name?

1 hour ago, emliqua said:

I can’t find it either!

40 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

Why the hell is this song not on US iTunes. What is wrong with her team. 

it is! it’s just for some reason not coming up when you search for it

to find it, just click her name on another release, go to songs, scroll down a little and there it is available for purchase :)

OR

search for it on apple music (even if you’re not subscribed), click on it, and at the bottom there should be a Buy On Itunes link that takes you to the store

OR

go to the song charts and scroll, it’s at #38 rn

5 hours ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

I fully respect that it’s her song to do what she wants with, and I’m glad it’s not too different from the demo. But I also hate the logic of “this song blew up, so I’m going to release it, but I’m going to change it for its official release.” At least release the demo version alongside this version for those people (like me) who actually just want a HQ version of the demo and to give her streams. Now I’m still going to be reverting to listening to the demo mostly which won’t make her any money. 

lmao yeah I’m just going to pull up the James Ford demo on my files app :troll: 

finally got around to listening to it, this version is okay, i feel like the james ford version would've been better since it was the most well-known version and it's the best version, the lack of drums just feels weird for this song, but i do like the new guitars, i'm happy that say yes to heaven finally found a "home" and i'm sure lana is as well

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!