hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

6 minutes ago, lizzycobain said:

The ONLY thing that peaves me about this release is the sped up version. Tiktok has created such a weird obsession with pitched up songs

If y'all wanted Alvin and the Chipmunks just say that :stareney2:

The way it’s mixed is so pitched. Some mixes do better in my opinion.

the way that I’m starting to see SLOWED mixes… JAIL!

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Just not getting this random release. I love SYTH, but not in this context. It seems underwhelming coming off of Candy Necklace's MV & Ocean Blvd's release. No announcement by Lana or her team, no hype, no nothing. I'm not a TikToker, but assuming this got released because of a TikTok trend; then to find out it's not even the version that is trending on the platform just seems off-base and a complete miss.

Maybe if Lana had announced a B-Sides album release for later this year and dropped this as the first single, then this would have made more sense to me. Guess I'm glad to be able to finally stream SYTH now via Spotify. Just don't know how often I will be. And that sped up version... seriously :facepalm: If they were wanting a faster version, I'd rather of had a DnB remix or something different than just a sped up version. That's a ridiculous trend that I just don't get tbh.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

also, is it just me or is the bridge still the same? i saw a lot of people saying she took out the bridge but it sounds the same to me...?

The original bridge had a slightly different melody, it was really pretty 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

11 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Just not getting this random release. I love SYTH, but not in this context. It seems underwhelming coming off of Candy Necklace's MV & Ocean Blvd's release. No announcement by Lana or her team, no hype, no nothing. I'm not a TikToker, but assuming this got released because of a TikTok trend; then to find out it's not even the version that is trending on the platform just seems off-base and a complete miss.

i don’t think the goal is to make *this version* a trend (and i mean it’s very similar to the versions we already have), but rather to just capitalize on the trend 

before the bootleg versions were taken off of spotify/youtube - they were gaining a lotttt of traction w huge numbers (even months after the trend died down), it’s a pretty song that doesn’t sound too “old lana” and they just want to have it officially under her name and on her page im guessing. in less than a year it’s quickly become one of the first songs people think of when you say Lana del rey, so i’m sure it’ll end up being a nice source of lots of daily streams 

35 minutes ago, lizzycobain said:

The ONLY thing that peaves me about this release is the sped up version. Tiktok has created such a weird obsession with pitched up songs

If y'all wanted Alvin and the Chipmunks just say that :stareney2:

Nightcore ruined humanity :true: PC music has to save it. Lana Hyperpop Slayyyter That Kid remix when?

1 hour ago, brandon said:

it is! it’s just for some reason not coming up when you search for it

to find it, just click her name on another release, go to songs, scroll down a little and there it is available for purchase :)

OR

search for it on apple music (even if you’re not subscribed), click on it, and at the bottom there should be a Buy On Itunes link that takes you to the store

OR

go to the song charts and scroll, it’s at #38 rn

Maybe there’s something wrong with my phone, but I tried everything you listed and I’m still not seeing it :( 

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it!!! Thank you!!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 hour ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Maybe if Lana had announced a B-Sides album release for later this year and dropped this as the first single, then this would have made more sense to me. Guess I'm glad to be able to finally stream SYTH now via Spotify. Just don't know how often I will be. And that sped up version... seriously :facepalm: If they were wanting a faster version, I'd rather of had a DnB remix or something different than just a sped up version. That's a ridiculous trend that I just don't get tbh.

tapmusic announced it on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsbD37WtFVr/

and there are a lot of articles like in Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, Billboard, NME ...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-drops-yes-to-heaven-tiktok-viral-1234738156/

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-say-yes-to-heaven-stream-it-now-1235331758/

the song is also in  Spotifys 'New Music Friday' playlist (#10)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX4JAvHpjipBk?si=aa9f4c7bba4742bd

yeah, she's coming :sass: