hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

7 hours ago, Three White Butterflies said:

The song is and has always been cute. It’s a nice song to play while driving around with the windows open. It’s not her strongest and I would’ve preferred something like Serial Killer or Queen of Disaster getting an official release before this but at least we have closure now and this song can finally rest in peace!!!!!

im also not gunna lie and act like I haven’t streamed the song 200 times today :true:

faSE.gif

Omg it's over 600k on YouTube now :crai:

Lana please while you make another masterpiece of an album release an unreleased collection :defeated:

It's also at No. 24 on YouTube trends and No. 28 on Genius trends

Just now, Orville Peck said:

there is something special about this version, for some reason I want to repeat it every time. It's a feeling of peace... :oprah2:

same :defeated:

5 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i hope she sees the love this song is getting n thinks “hmm maybe my more atmospheric production and not-so-matter-of-fact lyrics are better than what ive been doing :um2:“ 

LMAOO so true

7 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i hope she sees the love this song is getting n thinks “hmm maybe my more atmospheric production and not-so-matter-of-fact lyrics are better than what ive been doing :um2:“ 

several songs from ocean blvd are miles better than syth. she can release her little cash cows every now and then and keep the superior music for the albums

tbh using this as a lead for a cute little uv unreleased ep with angels forever, your girl, fine china, lake placid would’ve been cute (cherry blossom would’ve also belonged there but whatever) 

i think little EPs for each era would work much better than one big unreleased album with multiple era’s worth of songs 

1 hour ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

SHE DIDN'T CHANGE IT.

This is the original Rick Nowels version that was considered for a release all along. GOOD LORD.

It’s not the same version as the one that blew up in popularity, therefore it is changed. Whether or not she changed it 5 years ago or now, it’s not the version that made her/her team consider releasing it at all. My entire point stands. Releasing an unreleased song because it became popular but not even releasing the most popular version of it (a changed version of it - whether it was the “original” version or not) doesn’t make sense. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

2 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

It’s not the same version as the one that blew up in popularity, therefore it is changed. Whether or not she changed it 5 years ago or now, it’s not the version that made her/her team consider releasing it at all. My entire point stands. Releasing an unreleased song because it became popular but not even releasing the most popular version of it (a changed version of it - whether it was the “original” version or not) doesn’t make sense. 

tbh the versions are so incredibly similar (to the point even some members on here are having trouble spotting the differences) that a casual listener is not going to notice or care 

i would understand your point if she massively changed the song completely, but… she didnt

3 minutes ago, brandon said:

tbh the versions are so incredibly similar (to the point even some members on here are having trouble spotting the differences) that a casual listener is not going to notice or care 

i would understand your point if she massively changed the song completely, but… she didnt

I am grateful that it’s so similar. I will say that. I still am grateful it’s out at all and that I can buy it and stream it to support her. I also know it’s Lana’s art, not mine, and she’s free to make whatever artistic decisions she wants.

I’m just saying, in my opinion, an HQ version of the version that blew up would’ve been my perfect world (and the most logical choice). 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Just now, Venice Jesus Whore said:

I am grateful that it’s so similar. I will say that. I still am grateful it’s out at all and that I can buy it and stream it to support her. I also know it’s Lana’s art, not mine, and she’s free to make whatever artistic decisions she wants.

I’m just saying, in my opinion, an HQ version of the version that blew up would’ve been my perfect world (and the most logical choice). 

idk i don’t really think it matters all that much, i’ve already seen tons of tiktoks posted today/yesterday being excited it finally got released, and a lot of them have 50k-500k likes 😭  

the girlies are still eating it up regardless

11 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

as much as im not the biggest fan of the song i dont think the audience they released it for are able to tell any difference whatsoever, especially seeing how they will probably listen to the sped up which removes any semblance of recognition anyway

if lana is happy with this version then im happy

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

44 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

several songs from ocean blvd are miles better than syth. she can release her little cash cows every now and then and keep the superior music for the albums

maybe this is an unpopular opinion but i much prefer the production on YTH compared to kintsugi, sweet, grandfather, etc. 

also, im not saying yth is leagues better but im saying that its style of production n lyricism is better imo. 

48 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

the most shocking part is not that she released this but that today i found out i've been singing the wrong lyrics for 7 years

I need to know what you were singing before

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat