hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

2 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Or maybe her current work just isn’t her at her peak. Maybe people want the Lana that wrote cinematic tracks and not folk-Lana.

That’s kinda what I was alluding to.. it devalues her current work a little in the sense it gives people the opportunity to say she hasn’t been able to create good music in 10 years or she’s not relevant so releasing old stuff etc. 

it’s definitely not what I believe though and her recent record is head and shoulders above SYTH.. but I guess it’s more accessible to general public.. I don’t listen to radio and I don’t enjoy listening to the charts because all that music to me is just a bit boring and manufactured.. but Lana’s music is something else and her songwriting just gets better and better.. so it’s a shame that SYTH gets the limelight because it’s not exactly groundbreaking (no hate to the song though haha) 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 hour ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

That’s kinda what I was alluding to.. it devalues her current work a little in the sense it gives people the opportunity to say she hasn’t been able to create good music in 10 years or she’s not relevant so releasing old stuff etc. 

it’s definitely not what I believe though and her recent record is head and shoulders above SYTH.. but I guess it’s more accessible to general public.. I don’t listen to radio and I don’t enjoy listening to the charts because all that music to me is just a bit boring and manufactured.. but Lana’s music is something else and her songwriting just gets better and better.. so it’s a shame that SYTH gets the limelight because it’s not exactly groundbreaking (no hate to the song though haha) 

everything post nfr has been kinda meh, although she seems to like them very much as they arent persona driven (she stated something in a deleted ig video about how "at least the last 4 albums" tell her story clearly or something along those lines dont remember it too well) 

but your right, syth isnt all that groundbreaking and yet i enjoy it as a song more than anything off of chemtrails, blue banisters and a good portion of ocean blvd - dont know why as i agree that the song isn’t all that interesting but i guess i'm just not a fan of the either extremely stripped down stuff or the too diaristic so there's barely any room to relate stuff - not something like "my sister's first born child... my grandma's last smile" i think those feel universal but something like "and then there's donoghue..."  in kintusgi 

even the reworked ver of syth isn’t my fav as the chorus sounds less bombastic but... 

I just find it more vibey and easy to listen to 

7 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Serial Killer ain’t going to slay if she keeps releasing a different version to one that actually got popular. 

why do you insist on being annoying on literally every platform you’re on 

I've been locked outta my account & too lazy to get back in for a min but I just wanted to say, it's nice finally hearing the real Rick Nowels version of SYTH. The james ford mix with the bridge will always live on in my heart though...:legend:

Though I couldn't care less about SYTH being properly released (I do love the song and couldn't imagine getting tired of it, but having its 100 versions in my music library was already enough), I feel super happy for Lana to finally be able to let go of that song. 

I don't know what it truly represents in her life but the fact she kept reworking it for all these years makes me think it means a lot to her. 

I don't think Tik Tok is the sole reason for its release (it's been a fan favorite for SO long...) We've seen Lana change a lot these past years and that change cristallized in DYTTATUOB, her most hopeful album to date. We litteraly have songs about letting the light shine in.

Releasing SYTH seems like the logical next step. It's like she can finally say yes to heaven herself and move on, while encouraging us to do the same. 

My issue with the old/new Lana debate has always been that it makes complete sense for people to want Lana to make her old style again, because she pretty much did a complete 180 on her style, but people just act like it’s just wanting a btd or uv 2.0 and that irritate’s me because she could totally try new things, but she stripped away what made people love her in the first place. And I think that’s why Say Yes to Heaven is getting such a good response, it’s atmospheric and glamorous, which were such core aspects of Lana’s music that she’s stripped away. Now I don’t think chemtrails or ob are bad (bb is a different story…) but I do much prefer her pre-chemtrails music and I’m not surprised people are loving say yes to heaven more than ocean blvd…

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Y’all stop playing BB dust when it literally has Arcadia & wildflower wildfire on it.. two career highlights

literally couldn’t tell ya what the other songs on it are though x

WFWF is one of her best in recent years everybody say thank you Mike Dean 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I’m on an evening stroll, listened to Gorillaz and then SYTH but I only played it once before I missed the Stint mix. Sorry Lana for not contributing with the stream numbers. :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

People saying SYTH is old Lana bfr. 2012 Lana would never let that single cover out of the door. This would be the cover instead:

FwbFXyjXsAE-JZi?format=jpg&name=large

The new version is still very much new Lana. She removed all bombastic elements out of the song. The only thing old is her voice/vocal delivery which truly shines in the song. Her voice is full, rich, and lush. It is crystal clear and very precise enunciation. You don’t need to look up lyrics because you understand what she’s singing just by first listen unlike the songs on OB. The lyrics are relatable to anyone. Christians are listening this song and praying. Church goers. It can be a religious song about god or about a boy or a girl or yourself. Graduations, Weddings, Funerals!!!! (For real this time unlike The Grunts).

Also, the melody is absolutely gorgeous. It’s just a very strong melodic song.

25 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Y’all stop playing BB dust when it literally has Arcadia & wildflower wildfire on it.. two career highlights

arcadia is my fav from bb 

it’s so good 

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Y’all stop playing BB dust when it literally has If You Lie Down With Me & Sweet Carolina on it.. two career highlights

:blush3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・