hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

My issue with the old/new Lana debate has always been that it makes complete sense for people to want Lana to make her old style again, because she pretty much did a complete 180 on her style, but people just act like it’s just wanting a btd or uv 2.0 and that irritate’s me because she could totally try new things, but she stripped away what made people love her in the first place. And I think that’s why Say Yes to Heaven is getting such a good response, it’s atmospheric and glamorous, which were such core aspects of Lana’s music that she’s stripped away. Now I don’t think chemtrails or ob are bad (bb is a different story…) but I do much prefer her pre-chemtrails music and I’m not surprised people are loving say yes to heaven more than ocean blvd…

This spill

46 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

Post your lastfm streams from this week guys.. I’m not too proud but I’m trying! IMG-5284.png

I'm not really that much of a power streamer, but I enjoy every listen to the fullest

Spoiler

2023-05-22-last-fm.jpg

9 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

not some of u guys acting like say yes to heaven is something very different from the ballads lana is releasing recently

:smokes3:

Name  one song from these ballads you are referring to . 

3 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

I'm not really that much of a power streamer, but I enjoy every listen to the fullest

Reveal hidden contents

2023-05-22-last-fm.jpg

Your contribution will not go unnoticed 🫂🫂

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

20 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

not some of u guys acting like say yes to heaven is something very different from the ballads lana is releasing recently

it is though tbh :biblio:

20 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

remind me of one that song has the same atmosphere and cinematic quality that SYTH has :headache:

The fact that some here are seriously arguing that sped-up version of some old Lana discard going viral on TikTok is an indictment on the quality of her new music and that she needs this to solidify her ''A-list/icon status''. :facepalm: With such 'fans', who needs haters? 

As for old vs new music:

v1m10l6uwb031.jpg

Please I didn’t mean to make it into an entire discussion I just saw a few posts above me talk about it and I wanted to put in my two cents lmao:air: But like I don’t get the point in trying to act like her music is the same, it’s clearly not or there wouldn’t be such a divide. Nothing from the past three albums sounds remotely like SYTH (except maybe tjf?). It’s obvious that SYTH is getting such a great reaction because it sounds like her old shit lol it’s not a crazy idea. I’m gonna love Lana no matter what she releases tbh just cause her music has been such a huge part of my life, but I will always prefer that old stuff and a lot of people do… and that is ok:nails: and I think this type of discussion is fine until it gets into the “who is more intellectual” territory lmao 😭😭😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

This is doing great in the charts because of its enormous hype on TikTok and not because people miss "cinematic" Lana. Honeymoon is literally right there in her bottom 3 with COTCC and BB based on sales despite being so loved. :oic2:

2 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

This is doing great in the charts because of its enormous hype on TikTok and not because people miss "cinematic" Lana. Honeymoon is literally right there in her bottom 3 with COTCC and BB based on sales despite being so loved. :oic2:

And why does it have enormous hype on tiktok:blush3:

Just now, taco truck said:

And why does it have enormous hype on tiktok:blush3:

Lana has the most random songs going viral on TikTok, including The Other Woman, MAC, NFR, and Dealer. Doesn't mean anything.

Also, not every artist has the same goals. They view ‘success’ through different lenses. I very much doubt Lana will cry herself to sleep if this or some other song of hers doesn't hit big on radio or Billboard charts.

It's 2023, y'all should have gotten the memo by now. 

17 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Okay. The song is doing so good, already surpassed 10M streams only after 48 hours of release. She better go with a Taylor Swift or BTS treatment for this with

Say Yes To Heaven (Remixes) - EP

- Say Yes To Heaven (Patrick Warren Edit) - Single

1. Say Yes To Heaven (Patrick Warren Edit Ver.1)

2. Say Yes To Heaven (Patrick Warren Edit Ver. 2)

- Say Yes To Heaven (James Ford Edit) - Single

- Say Yes To Heaven (Ultraviolence Version) - Single

- Say Yes To Heaven (Honeymoon Version/STINT Remix) - Single

- Say Yes To Heaven (Lust for Life Version) - Single

Drop allof these version as remixes and we'll have a #1 on hot 100 :oprah3:

oh god yess!!! please, dear god make this come true :pray2:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

7 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Lana has the most random songs going viral on TikTok, including The Other Woman, MAC, NFR, and Dealer. Doesn't mean anything.

Ok and remind me what era those songs are from:blush3: The only post-2019 songs that have gone semi-viral are dealer and A&W, which are her most “old lana” sounding songs. I honestly do not care that much about this but I think it’s so silly to act like this divide doesn’t exist? Just like what you like, and understand that people liking syth and old Lana music doesn’t mean that they want btd or uv 2.0, that was the point of my original post. 

i do realize u weren’t necessarily quoting my og post but I’m already bored of this convo and just want to make my point and go lol😭😭😭

9 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Girl, SYTH has been viral for years. If I remember correctly, SYTH and Fine China were the most watched videos on Youtube out of all her unreleased music. Years before Tiktok.

Yes To Heaven does seem simple compared to her recent lyrical work, but the melody is beautiful, memorable and cinematic.

Let SYTH have her moment pls

Just now, taco truck said:

Ok and remind me what era those songs are from:blush3: The only post-2019 songs that have gone semi-viral are dealer and A&W, which are her most “old lana” sounding songs. I honestly do not care that much about this but I think it’s so silly to act like this divide doesn’t exist? Just like what you like, and understand that people liking syth and old Lana music doesn’t mean that they want btd or uv 2.0, that was the point of my original post. 

The most cinematic masterpiece ever aka Honeymoon flopped so hard on the charts that people stopped taking Lana seriously commercial-wise. The label even made her do all these collabs with rappers and more "poppy" songs, so this is really funny to me when someone tries to say "cinematic song = a success". It's mostly luck when something goes viral on TikTok. Before all of that Ultraviolence was doing 400k daily streams on Spotify, so anything can happen.

17 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

it's doing great because of the amount of piano and Jack production it has: zero :troll:

2 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

The most cinematic masterpiece ever aka Honeymoon flopped so hard on the charts that people stopped taking Lana seriously commercial-wise. The label even made her do all these collabs with rappers and more "poppy" songs, so this is really funny to me when someone tries to say "cinematic song = a success". It's mostly luck when something goes viral on TikTok. Before all of that Ultraviolence was doing 400k daily streams on Spotify, so anything can happen.

I think you are specifically focusing on the “cinematic” part when that’s not the entire point. It’s the overall style of lyricism and atmospheric production that has been switched out for diaristic wordy lyrics and sparse understated production. Honeymoon literally flopped because at that point it was considered to be the most stripped back album of her career lol (I love honeymoon though) not because it was cinematic.