hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

1 hour ago, BeautifulAnywhere said:

Manifesting 2 unreleased albums with 1 being fan favorites like SYTH QOD & PSGW & one being Lana’s personal favorites like Disco etc. 

And one being completely unknown tracks.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 hour ago, violentvioletsky said:

At this point she should just release a whole album of her popular unreleased tracks :dua:

I had a thought last night: what if she went the SYTH route and released a single every month? This surely would buy her “time » for the next album and LB wouldn’t have to complain about a « messy track list » :omfg2: 

41 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Queen of Disaster and Serial Killer would smash like SYTH but these quick little singles doing so much better than masterpieces from Tunnel is sad.:noparty:

Yeah, it’s what I was most afraid, that her unreleased would do better than her album tracks because, well, they surely are more « accessible » than many tracks on OB. 
which makes me believe that going the single routes rather than the LP could be the best of both worlds: the songs would get noticed (maybe even chart and be played on radio) without « harming » her album numbers or « crushing » them.

After learning that the released version is (apparently?) the original one produced by Nowels, I'm more lenient. Rerecording this and stripping down from the upgrade felt less forgivable. I think it will grow on me and I admittedly might've been biased because of all those beautiful fanmade music videos to a James / viral version. However, I do still miss the drums and I hate this cheap instrumentation part in 0:50 repeatedly used by daddy Nowels throughout Lust for Life but m'kay.

original.gif

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

After learning that the released version is (apparently?) the original one produced by Nowels, I'm more lenient. Rerecording this and stripping down from the upgrade felt less forgivable. I think it will grow on me and I admittedly might've been biased because of all those beautiful fanmade music videos to a James / viral version. However, I do still miss the drums and I hate this cheap instrumentation part in 0:50 repeatedly used by daddy Nowels throughout Lust for Life but m'kay.

It’s not really the original version. I read the Instagram post and it’s clearly implied that they tweaked and changed some things.

7 hours ago, Rocket0212 said:

Queen of Disaster and Serial Killer would smash like SYTH but these quick little singles doing so much better than masterpieces from Tunnel is sad.:noparty:

Here's the deal: people love Lana's love songs. Video Games, Young and Beautiful, Lust for Life, Born to Die, Shades of Cool... The list goes on and on. They lap her romantacised fatalism, which she built her brand on early on, like nobody's business.

The reason (I think) why her recent singles haven't performed well is that their topics are completely not related to love.

Chemtrails - being wild and free

White Dress - the burdeon of fame

Arcadia - the burdeon of fame

Blue Banisters - getting over a man

Ocean Boulevard - not being forotten

AW - being promiscious 

etc. 

The more she started singing about herself and her own life, her siblings, her father, her fame, people kinda lost interest. The fact is - her real life just isn't as interesting as the swooping romance, heightened emotions and big orchestrations of her early stuff. 

So, I'll say Say Yes to Heaven is doing well because it's first and foremost a Lana Del Rey love song. 

SYTH is also more accessible - it’s more radio friendly. At the end of the day, that is what pulls in more fans. I really hope the QoD thing is not just a rumor because it would be a totally new way people haven’t heard her (other than her fan base). 

3 minutes ago, MJA said:

SYTH is also more accessible - it’s more radio friendly. At the end of the day, that is what pulls in more fans. I really hope the QoD thing is not just a rumor because it would be a totally new way people haven’t heard her (other than her fan base). 

3 minutes ago, MJA said:

Very true. It's not THAT accessible, but it's definitely more accessible than any of Lana's last 5-10 singles, including Chemtrails singles.

I'm all in for an unreleased album but knowing It'll be composed of random pre btd cuts puts me off a bit. I wish it included songs from paradise onwards, Hollywood, Your Girl, Cult Leader, Dragon Slayer, AFFA, Pink Champagne, Fine China, Madly, Crazy for you etc. That would be a dream for me

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

if she's doing an unreleased album, she HAS to put us against the world on it :icant: i love the song and she probably likes it too since she's performed it live before

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif