ultrabanisters

Ocean Blvd Global Listening Party - March 22nd, 2023

2 minutes ago, Moloko Plus said:

Wonder if I should hit up my local record store at 5pm after I’m off work even though the event starts at 4pm. I really just want to snatch a poster and enter the raffle…

yesss you should! you've got nothing to lose :silly:

12 minutes ago, velvetxcrowbar said:

was just there. those who won merch got literal candy necklaces with lanas initials on them they were so cute

omg thats so cool! I hope they have those at the one I'm going to

I’m worried about not getting a poster because I might be a little late. Sadly, one side of my mouth will be numb and my muscles will not be working. I wanted to take pics there but maybe not skjhfg-

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

8 minutes ago, turquoisejewel said:

yesss you should! you've got nothing to lose :silly:

they just let me know the raffle will be chosen as soon as the album is played through, I think I’ll have enough time to get there before the album ends (gotta get there before 5:17pm if they start playing right at 4:00pm :rip:)

my store is giving away older Lana albums as apart of their raffle… i’m wondering if there’ll be any colored variants 

just got home from my listening party that was so fun it was a small store so it was sold out but only about 30 people and everyone was respectful and quiet 

they used their high end speakers on full volume so i felt IMMERSED :hair:

and the poster and wristband are cute considering it was free :true:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

31 minutes ago, DCooper said:

What were the vibes like for people who attended already? Were people quietly listening or was it more social?

people in my store were quietly listening an quite respectful it was great!!

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

57 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Share people's reactions when they heard fishtail, peppers and taco truck!! 

i feel like people were pretty lowkey in general (crowd was mostly casual fans as far as i could tell), me and @Beautiful Loser were shook though abt those three in particular :lmao:

Grandfather got the biggest round of applause by far

i'm trying to think of any low points in the album but i honestly can't, this is a serve on the level of NFR

rihKQ8M.gif

1 hour ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Share people's reactions when they heard fishtail, peppers and taco truck!! 

People around me and Greenwhich were high schoolers, I’m pretty sure. Not sure if they could catch the lyrics very well

Spoiler

which is fair, Lana is singing with her feathery light breathy voice a la White Dress a lot

so we were like the only ones laughing at lyric lines or dying like proper fangirls. Also, this is Sweden and people don’t tend to be super outgoing? If that makes sense? So some bobbed with their heads to the beat, most didn’t. The girl opposite of us recorded the songs on her phone, haha.

When Taco truck played, most people stood up, ready to leave towards the end of the song.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png