Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Husband Thief

FONT "Ocean Blvd" by Crazy Husband Stealer + Maleo Font Family

As working with Turista has proven to be an utter pain in the ass, I have decided to modify it to match the actual font used for the artwork.

All the lower case Ys used on the cover have been customized. I have reconstructed and included all three of them. The font in general has been narrowed by 5%, so it's a little slimmer than Turista.

PnZXVcJ.png

The width of the font for her name has been altered slightly on the cover. All letters except for the y are increased by 7%.

The y is a bit more complicated. I have attached a screenshot for easier understanding:

o9NeiPn.png

gFCTsmU.png

In addition to that, the target cover with the red font also uses a customized version of the font for her name. The letters have been taken from Futura ND Display and look very similar to Turista. I have modified them to match with the rest of the font and also added them als alternate options.

I have also included the full Maleo font family that is used for the subtitles.

ENJOY!

https://krakenfiles.com/view/SIfgxbySLm/file.html

OMFG, thank you so much! I love having the fonts that Lana uses in her artwork, now my PowerPoint documents for school are going to have all the style! :tyvm:

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

thank you so much, you are a saviour

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Lmao I thought I was the only one going crazy about this—pretty sure Neil/Kaiman are have a laugh at us trying to replicate their work.

The y's in the title and name are definitely custom, but the rest are Turista Gorda NF with character height increased by 10%. Meanwhile, the producer names are at 120% height with about -7 tracking value, and featured artists' names at 110% height and -2 tracking. And my god, the subtitles are all set at different height and tracking values lol

I recreated the template I made sometime ago, to try to have it match up exactly with the text on the standard cover lol

Spoiler

J2OrFHp.png

On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 AM, Americanboy said:

Hairy assholes are better than smooth ones

8 hours ago, itsmarvinabel said:

Lmao I thought I was the only one going crazy about this—pretty sure Neil/Kaiman are have a laugh at us trying to replicate their work.

The y's in the title and name are definitely custom, but the rest are Turista Gorda NF with character height increased by 10%. Meanwhile, the producer names are at 120% height with about -7 tracking value, and featured artists' names at 110% height and -2 tracking. And my god, the subtitles are all set at different height and tracking values lol

I recreated the template I made sometime ago, to try to have it match up exactly with the text on the standard cover lol

Reveal hidden contents

Aa2kyZm.png

I will never understand why they always have to modify tiny parts of the font. I'm guessing they really just do it to fuck with us or to make it harder to replicate. 💀

Anyway, if you want to, we could collaborate on a definite version of the font. Maybe there's something else I've missed.

9 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Anyway, if you want to, we could collaborate on a definite version of the font. Maybe there's something else I've missed.

WE WILL BE WAITING KINGS & QUEENS :kiss:

14 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

I will never understand why they always have to modify tiny parts of the font. I'm guessing they really just do it to fuck with us or to make it harder to replicate. 💀

Whether or not it's intentional, I kinda dig those small imperfections. At quick glance, you'd almost think everything looks uniformed—but a closer kinda reveals a whole lot more

2 hours ago, annedauphine said:

I have Glyphs 3 and type is legit the only thing I'm good at lol so hmu if you need smt :)

^ @Crazy Husband Stealer I think you might have someone better equiped to help you here, I have no experiences with making custom typography

On 2/24/2023 at 1:34 AM, Americanboy said:

Hairy assholes are better than smooth ones

On 4/6/2023 at 12:51 AM, Rachel120006 said:

Hello! Your work is really perfect. Thank you for your contribution. May I upload this file to the Chinese fan website for learning and communication purposes only?

Ooooo go give them gurrrrrl