shadesofloveduthenandnow

LDRX - Thoughts & Speculations Thread

Probably delusional in predicting this, but I don't think it's a coincidence..

Spoiler

That she ends the record with pretty much all of her more upbeat, less sentimental songs. The beginning is very heavy with themes and musical styling touched upon from BB, while the end seems to be very transitional. The tracklist seems very well thought out, so why else would she bunch up the bangers like that at the end (A&W being the outlier)? 

The label need to coerce her this time to make something more produced- no phone recordings! A&R her album writing for potential controversy if this one starts going viral on the twatter, She’s a multi millionaire so no Audibal distortion on release either because her master team on the last few albums have been :facepalm:

Ideally: An album full of unhinged, psychedelic surf/desert rock bangers. A guitar-centric record.

Realistically: I could see her doing another Chemtrails-like album, centered around country-infused piano ballads this time.

What I hope for regardless: No interludes, no outtakes/unreleased tracks, no more Drew.

I can’t predict . But I can wish for

Take inspiration from classic 60s-70s songs and make beautiful modern productions . I wouldn’t mind something uptempo -hip hop combined with west coast vibes .

and for the shake of our existence . No more Jack and whisper singing - phone recordings   .

18 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

She’s a multi millionaire so no Audibal distortion on release either because her master team on the last few albums have been :facepalm:

I really don't think the mastering choices are because of "bad mastering" or "cheap mastering," they wanted some distortion and such purposefully. Just like how some songs add a digital "hiss" overtop to emulate a warmer, analog sound, and etc. etc. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

I really don't think the mastering choices are because of "bad mastering" or "cheap mastering," they wanted some distortion and such purposefully. Just like how some songs add a digital "hiss" overtop to emulate a warmer, analog sound, and etc. etc. 

I get what you mean but there’s no way some of her choices like downloading off YT are done for artistic purposes- fans were complaining today because it was distracting from ocean’s songs on Spotify(hadn’t mastered it properly for the platform) and that’s not good… there are cases where hiss works but there’s tons of distortion on wildflower for example and it’s bad for your ears.

1 hour ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

Zach Dawes

I really really love the songs she did with Zach, but put them all together side by side, and it might be too much of a mellow and subtle album… 

12 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The album isn’t even out for me. Give me a break, guys :crying2:

It’s not out for me either but thot this would be fun! xx

10 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really really love the songs she did with Zach, but put them all together side by side, and it might be too much of a mellow and subtle album… 

What if he and Lana gave us an album full of BBS and Dealer chorus moments

whatarecoloris.jpg