shadesofloveduthenandnow

LDRX - Thoughts & Speculations Thread

9 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

maybe an unpopular opinion but I hope this album becomes less experimental and less personal :runs:

agreed. i feel like i know everything about lana now. i want some vague, mysterious, pop structured songs :true:

25 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

agreed. i feel like i know everything about lana now. i want some vague, mysterious, pop structured songs :true:

exactly this, her mysteriousness has always fascinated me

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

im begging on my knees for heavy drums like in black beauty and pink champagne
more orchestral piano and violin pls like honeymoon and fine china

just asking for a uv/hm baby in terms of production atp

if we can't get that, at least give us jazz, organs, acoustic guitar, smthn like either your girl, buddys rendevous, let the light in, iyldwm
any of these genres

Like i said next album will be a hm/uv baby and it will crash us in thousand parts

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

On 3/31/2023 at 2:43 PM, bored said:

Is it just me that feels like the next record might be more upbeat and fun?

Look at Lust For Life, Change and Get Free were great indicators of what was to come on NFR!

Then with NFR!... hope is a dangerous thing kinda hinted at Chemtrails being much more stripped back.

Then I feel like Dance Till We Die and For Free were good indicators of what Blue Banisters would sound like sonically?

And again, Sweet Carolina lyrically set us up for Ocean Blvd in my opinion.

Which means LDR10 is gonna be influenced by Peppers and Taco Truck x VB!

honestly i don’t really agree with that, NFR is also an album with quite a few rockier / upbeat / surfy songs, i don’t think it’s that much in the vein of change and get free, not many songs on nfr were piano-based or confessional like hope, dance till we die sounds nothing like blue banisters and sweet carolina’s lyrics have similarities with those of 3-4 songs on ocean blvd. i mean, there’s validity in saying that the last songs of the record n have similarities with the record n+1, but i don’t agree that they have more similarities with them than the songs on the other parts of the album. like, text book and black bathing suit foreshadow the experimental side of ocean blvd, if you lie down with me has a similar melody to ocean blvd, the themes of text book, blue banisters and arcadia (including people’s perception of her body) are also further explored on ocean blvd, and the same goes for the other albums imo

44 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

maybe an unpopular opinion but I hope this album becomes less experimental and less personal :runs:

Im on board with experimental songs like a&w.

Im surprised im enjoying her personal songs so much with Ocean Blvd, since some of her personal songs on BB were a bit of a miss for me :um2: however, the last songs on OB really are a breath of fresh air and I do hope we get to see some of that on  LDRX 

Omg just got dm'd on discord by an insider, check out this new LDR X info
note: they kept on calling it LDR 11 tho cause of violets lmao

Track 1 (What I Had Taken) —

lyric snippet: "But I was doing the same, playing my old blame game / More and more / Your desires were hidden or maybe I didn't / Try to see them"

producers: Lana Del Rey, Jack Antonoff, Laura Sisk

instruments used: piano, keyboard, drums, mellotron, horn
description: "it's like if change and dance till we die had a baby; contains a reference to a stevie nicks song; definitely a piano driven song; a bit too much reverb for my preference; she mumbles a lot; slight country vibe to it; final minute is just an instrumental of piano and horns"

7.5/10

Track 2 (Beds of Roses) —
lyric snippet: "I'm bound to have nothing if I keep going / If I keep going with you"
producers: Lana Del Rey, Rick Nowels, Zach Dawes

instruments used: piano, guitar, synthesizer
description: reminiscent of the dark, gloomy, ultraviolence/blue banisters vibe; sonically similar to riverside, nectar of the gods, etc; another reverb heavy song, but less than [track 1]; shortest song on the album at just over 3 minutes
8.5/10

Track 3 (Sitting Here As You Watch Me Bleed) —
lyric snippet: "Laying out all the pieces for you / Tore myself down cause you wanted me to / And I sit here watching you watch me bleed / But you like it, so I hold back my screams / Arteries, red, torn at the seams / Do you like my vulnerability?"

producers: Lana Del Rey, Jack Antonoff, Drew Erickson
instruments: piano, strings, drums, harpsichord

description: lyrics and imagery are the standout in this song; very minimalist yet orchestral; sounds like another blue banisters project; in my top 5 of the album; no vocal layering at all but it definitely could have used some so that's my only critique

9/10

there's 14 tracks, no interludes, no official features, described as a breath of fresh air from the wordy writing on ocean blvd, more imagery and color, while piano on are mostly all tracks it is less piano driven than ocean blvd, less experimentation and more cohesion even though a variety of sounds are used, brings back classic Lana here and there, Jack is only a producer for half of the songs, far more interesting than any of her latest works
note: this did not actually happen, in case you didn't already understand that

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

4 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

:lmao:

8 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

If this is even true, they probably won't give you any more info seeing that you immediately posted it :lmao:

15 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

16 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

note: they kept on calling it LDR 11 tho cause of violets lmao

Track 1 (What I Had Taken) —

lyric snippet: "But I was doing the same, playing my old blame game / More and more / Your desires were hidden or maybe I didn't / Try to see them"

producers: Lana Del Rey, Jack Antonoff, Laura Sisk

instruments used: piano, keyboard, drums, mellotron, horn
description: "it's like if change and dance till we die had a baby; contains a reference to a stevie nicks song; definitely a piano driven song; a bit too much reverb for my preference; she mumbles a lot; slight country vibe to it; final minute is just an instrumental of piano and horns"

7.5/10

Track 2 (Beds of Roses) —
lyric snippet: "I'm bound to have nothing if I keep going / If I keep going with you"
producers: Lana Del Rey, Rick Nowels, Zach Dawes

instruments used: piano, guitar, synthesizer
description: reminiscent of the dark, gloomy, ultraviolence/blue banisters vibe; sonically similar to riverside, nectar of the gods, etc; another reverb heavy song, but less than [track 1]; shortest song on the album at just over 3 minutes
8.5/10

Track 3 (Sitting Here As You Watch Me Bleed) —
lyric snippet: "Laying out all the pieces for you / Tore myself down cause you wanted me to / And I sit here watching you watch me bleed / But you like it, so I hold back my screams / Arteries, red, torn at the seams / Do you like my vulnerability?"

producers: Lana Del Rey, Jack Antonoff, Drew Erickson
instruments: piano, strings, drums, harpsichord

description: lyrics and imagery are the standout in this song; very minimalist yet orchestral; sounds like another blue banisters project; in my top 5 of the album; no vocal layering at all but it definitely could have used some so that's my only critique

9/10

there's 14 tracks, no interludes, no official features, described as a breath of fresh air from the wordy writing on ocean blvd, more imagery and color, while piano on are mostly all tracks it is less piano driven than ocean blvd, less experimentation and more cohesion even though a variety of sounds are used, brings back classic Lana here and there, Jack is only a producer for half of the songs, far more interesting than any of her latest works

omg bestie I’m bored let’s go apply for jobs 😍

1 minute ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Oh thank God, I didn't read the entire thing, I wanted to warn you first :ohmy:

lmao ty for looking out for me

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:

LDRX

producers: Lana Del Rey, Rick Nowels, Dan Heath, Jon Batiste, Jack Antonoff

:hottie:

bye not you forgetting A$AP Rocky

22 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

you have a lot of time on your hands dont you? :whoopi:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Rick Nowels

Zach Dawes

Jon Batiste

Dean Reid

Nick Waterhouse

and Benji

:umadney::umadney::umadney:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy