shadesofloveduthenandnow

LDRX - Thoughts & Speculations Thread

43 minutes ago, theviolence said:

Every record since LFL has been sounding like a transitional record to some of you guys… what are we transitioning to?? We’re at the destination! 

Lfl was a transitional record:bebe: then we got NFR/Chemtrails/bb which even though have their own distinct sounds, are very similar in a lot of ways (like btd, uv, honeymoon) and now Ocean Blvd seems to be a transitional record moving into a new sonic landscape/headspace… it’s not hard to understand:awkney:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

38 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

Okay I give up I need it. When is she announcing :oprah3:

tomorrow at 9 on oprah :true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

10 hours ago, taco truck said:

Lfl was a transitional record:bebe: then we got NFR/Chemtrails/bb which even though have their own distinct sounds, are very similar in a lot of ways (like btd, uv, honeymoon) and now Ocean Blvd seems to be a transitional record moving into a new sonic landscape/headspace… it’s not hard to understand:awkney:

It’s very easy to understand… when people are dissatisfied with an album they call it transitional in the hopes that Lana will offer something they actually enjoy for the next album. Both COCC and BB were called transitional albums too - is it so hard to accept that each album is a fully formed statement? 

and “moving into a new sonic landscape” is not unique to any particular album… every album is transitional then in this sense because the nature of making new songs means that she’ll be exploring new sonic territory?? Ocean blvd isn’t any more transitional than any of her other albums, there’s nothing to suggest this is an in-between spot between two distinct epochs of her career. And even if it were, that’s only an analysis that could make sense in retrospect 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

On 4/26/2023 at 2:15 AM, theviolence said:

It’s very easy to understand… when people are dissatisfied with an album they call it transitional in the hopes that Lana will offer something they actually enjoy for the next album. Both COCC and BB were called transitional albums too - is it so hard to accept that each album is a fully formed statement? 

and “moving into a new sonic landscape” is not unique to any particular album… every album is transitional then in this sense because the nature of making new songs means that she’ll be exploring new sonic territory?? Ocean blvd isn’t any more transitional than any of her other albums, there’s nothing to suggest this is an in-between spot between two distinct epochs of her career. And even if it were, that’s only an analysis that could make sense in retrospect 

the experimental nature and shifting to new sounds but not fully delving into those sounds is what makes lfl and ob "transitional" records. nfr, cotcc, and bb, while all having their own distinct sounds do all fall into this folky, joni mitchell-esque sonic landscape. OB has songs that fall into that but also moves away from it on songs such as a&w, peppers, taco truck, paris, texas, and fishtail.

yes, I agree that you only truly know if something is "transitional" in hindsight, but you can also make predictions and have a feeling about a shift in her art without 100% knowing. I mean the idea of sampling venice bitch at the very end of the record and having the last lyric be "signing off bang bang kiss kiss" seems to heavily imply the closing of a chapter that started with nfr. get free at the end of lfl does the same thing, referencing ride and then literally transitioning into the opening track of nfr.

A record can be transitional and also be its's own statement, it's not mutually exclusive, in fact, transitional records in artist's careers often have their strongest statements about who they want to be seen as as an artist, think of taylor swift's red, or tyler the creator's flower boy, i would consider both of those "transitional records" but that doesn't mean they don't have a strong statement, i mean, those albums are some of their most critically acclaimed, as is ocean blvd. Ocean blvd actually very clearly hs a statement about looking into one's past, healing, and moving forward, which from that you can infer she has let go and wants to move into a new head space by the end of taco truck. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i don’t think this next album will come soon… i reckon it will be late 2024 or early 2025

Who honestly knows are this point with her? I was so sure she’d take a longer break after chem, based on her Annie Mac interview. And we all know how this turned out :thumb3: 

Maybe she’ll want to release her cover album before any new music?! 

8 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Who honestly knows are this point with her? I was so sure she’d take a longer break after chem, based on her Annie Mac interview. And we all know how this turned out :thumb3: 

Maybe she’ll want to release her cover album before any new music?! 

but like at least she mentioned something about music

she hasn’t even mentioned anything yet:trisha:

15 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i don’t think this next album will come soon… i reckon it will be late 2024 or early 2025

yeah she's very fast and prolific. I reckon she'll cook up sth for late next year (2024).

I just hope it's sth different and upbeat. Maybe a disco record? Or another rock record? 

it's getting a bit samey (piano ballads)🥱

1) The 'Unreleased' seems moot at this point, especially after BB. It presents too many problems, like: "It's songs most Stans and fans already have," "Will she just rip copies off YT and make everyone unhappy again?" or, if she rerecords 'Hollywood,' 'Serene Queen,' 'Fine China,' 'JFK,' 'Unidentified Flying Bill,' 'Dragon Slayer,' etc., then she still has to go back into the studio for a few months, which is a lot of work, and many Stans will no doubt be unhappy with the inevitable changes that result.

2) The covers album, if it exists at all, seems more likely (I don't believe it does exist). 

3) For LDRX as an album of new material, I'd like it to go off in the direction of the first part of 'Taco Truck,' for me, the best part of OB, and have a lot of drama, energy, tension, and life, like, in fact, 'Serene Queen.' Something that sounds professionally produced and mastered. Something vibrant and distinct that has been carefully cultivated without coming across as carefully cultivated. 

I feel OB became too subjective, and the lack of distance from her material doesn't make it a better album. I realize a lot of Stans love the deep lyrical and emotionally subjectivity of some of the OC tracks, but I can't see her going any further in that direction unless it's on a poetry album. 

That she said she's interested in making (another) pop album sounds like good news to me.