shadesofloveduthenandnow

LDRX - Thoughts & Speculations Thread

9 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

i really want “world building” again. 

prefer her to meet someone new to work with other than Jack antonoff tbh. 

i do not want any features. 

Yeah as much as I love every album of hers and I'd definitely take another Ocean-like record... I kinda miss her more "conceptual" albums. I don't know if we're getting one of those ever again tho cause it seems like she now just writes and writes and then puts her favorite cuts together to form a record :um2: (which works tho, Ocean Blvd was varied in sound while thematically cohesive but the songs don't live in the same universe if it makes sense :thumb2:)

We know it was kinda deliberate in the past (cause she mentioned she used to world build her albums) but I wonder if she really made the effort or if it came naturally like the religious imagery/themes during Paradise/Tropico/pre UV. Maybe she just really like that in that period and it was less of an active effort to "write about Jesus and Mary" :hide:

After this last album I'm not that scared about collabs anymore cause she nailed them this time but I also prefer solo Lana :true:

giphy.gif

So apparently Rob and Lana made a song called Sunshine for Ocean Blvd (or Lost At Sea) but it was scrapped but he said it's probably going to end up in the next project :judgingu3:

I have to read the whole thing to see the context cause I only saw a couple of tweets but it's funny how we already know about 2 Ocean outtakes :hide:

giphy.gif

On 3/23/2023 at 10:22 PM, GeminiLanaFan said:

The album isn’t even out for me. Give me a break, guys :crying2:

Omg I haven't seen you in ages on LB, happy you are back :trisha:

For LDR10 I'm manifesting a comeback of Rick Nowels:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

omg rob just dm'd me two tracklists and themes for LDR X and LDR XI bc i praised his album and repeatedly called him nepo daddy in a sexy tone:

Psycho Lifeguard (2024) - surf rock, psychedelic rock, electric guitar, energetic

1. Ring A Bell

2. Psycho Lifeguard
3. Watch Me

4. Pearl

5. Zodiac*

6. Red Water*

7. Underneath Marquees With You

8. Paradise*

9. Hold Me Down

10. Memory Of Rain

11. Crescent Bay

12. Metropolis

13. Driving To The Corner Store

14. Sunshine

*has been reworked (Red Water is an alternate title for Wayamaya)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Deadly Night Cypress (2026) - folk music, piano ballads, acoustic guitar, witchy

1. To the Place Held for Me When I'm Gone

2. Deadly Night Cypress

3. Puddles on the Pavement

4. Crewel Work

5. Interlude - Roses Bloom For You

6. Only green leaves leave me now

7. Waist deep in icy waves

8. Stars Align

9. Liz, I'm calling from Calihoma

10. My father told me that if I went slowly, I'd be safe - but he was wrong

11. Loved You Then And Now*

12. Body of Cellophane 

13. You know that you're never coming home

14. Please try to be better for me

15. World in Flames

16. Gilded Age

17. Fine China*

18. If I Die Young (On & On & On)*

19. I Talked To Jesus*

1. Hang Your Harps Upon Willows - bonus track

2. Lake Placid* - bonus track

3. Loving Me, Loving You - bonus track

*has been reworked

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

On 6/2/2023 at 6:51 PM, syrup amour said:

It is a scary thought, but I feel like Lana is just constantly making music, whether she releases it or not. I think it fulfills her. And she seems very happy with her life and seems to be enjoying making music too, right now

Yes I feel like she’s addicted at least to writing and she doesn’t know how life is without doing it

Some stuff from her Instagram 

There were stories of a church in the forest up north 

Recreation Area 32 

Today’s news - tomorrow’s fish papers

Out of place, in my element 

If you only knew what I was thinking 

Almost famous 

Last minutes of daylight

In Zimmerman with sandals, on one summer dress to choose

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I’d like to see Lana working with someone totally new- someone she’s never worked before. Not Rick Nowels not Jack Antonoff. Someone totally new… i’d love to see Lanz cross genres and go beyond imagination and mind, hyperpop/metal/space music? But it all leads back to Lana’s psyche and what she really feels right for the next record after all and that shall be good

45 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I’m sorry but Jack is not as bad as some of y’all make him out to be, I really don’t think he has ever made a truly bad song with Lana, his production is always really good

he turned pink champagne into lmlylaw

5 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Because Pink Champagne belongs to Ultraviolence and LMLYLAW belongs to Chemtrails.

He made a beautiful cohesive album honestly.

compared to other tracks on Chemtrails like title track, tulsa jesus freak, wild at heart, dark but just a game, etc, it's not that great of an instrumental and could have sounded so much more richer and finished while still sounding like it was part of the album

14 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

compared to other tracks on Chemtrails like title track, tulsa jesus freak, wild at heart, dark but just a game, etc, it's not that great of an instrumental and could have sounded so much more richer and finished while still sounding like it was part of the album

but what other songs did he do that are so bad :delicious: 

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

31 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

but what other songs did he do that are so bad :delicious: 

even though kintsugi is an amazing song because of the melody, delivery, and lyrics, the production is one of Lana's worsts
im not hating on kintsugi tho

I wonder if she'll use the Ocean Blvd outtakes as a starting point for the next thing or if she's leaving all that behind. Maybe the "outtakes" aren't even that and she recorded them with the next project in mind...

Ocean Blvd title track and Fingertips were recorded in 2021, in the last stages of BB or just after it and we thought they were outtakes at first but they were always meant for the next album :um2:

We know that Zodiac was at one point part of the record though...

I think we'll have some songs with Jon (on production at least) on LDRX since CN was one of the last tracks she made for Ocean Blvd and we got his interlude that sounds nothing like that other song... so they were it the studio playing around quite a bit and I'm sure something nice came out from it :brows:

giphy.gif