shadesofloveduthenandnow

LDRX - Thoughts & Speculations Thread

Jack’s production skills are not to my taste- in conjunction with his mixing-his skills are all very baseline- there’s no peaks to his songs and no single instrument generally stands out.

Listen to this song for example in headphones and how the audio utilises unique effects like warbling in your ear:

this is what songs like Venice and mac were lacking in my opinion.

7 hours ago, ivory almond said:

he turned pink champagne into lmlylaw

yeah because lana told him to obviously? its not like he maliciously took the song and made lana change thw lyrics and tone the instrumental down. its not the first time the final version of one of her songs is drastically different from the demo. who are we gonna blame for changing beautiful people beautiful problems? rick nowels?

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

5 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

yeah because lana told him to obviously? its not like he maliciously took the song and made lana change thw lyrics and tone the instrumental down. its not the first time the final version of one of her songs is drastically different from the demo. who are we gonna blame for changing beautiful people beautiful problems? rick nowels?

exactly, not to mention she released this as a first single off chemtrails + performed it live like twice... she seemed really proud of this song

27 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

wouldn’t mind more ethereal post rock tinged production like grandfather tbh..I still think the production is top notch in her discography :flutter:

Y’all just making things up now- it’s muted piano- where’s the rock?

I feel like we have this conversation once every two days :bebe:

Anyways, I’m so glad someone mentioned Grandfather as an exemple of great Lana production. Even my mom, who finds Lana kind of boring and dreary, absolutely loves Grandfather. It’s ethereal, majestic and it feels epic. 

For LDRX I’d kill for either grunge or shoegaze as the next genre for her to tackle. 

IMG-7960.jpg

1 hour ago, wilting daisy said:

i never said he made lana change anything or maliciously changed it
i would be fine with the song if it was really good, but compared to other chemtrails songs, it's a skip for me personally
i think jack would have been able to fit lana's vision and sonically matched the song to the album without making it SO stripped down and boring

btw i'm not hating on jack, so some of you guys need to calm down
im just justifying why some people want lana to get a different producer, but still, most of jack's songs are good

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

i want something similar to Wayamaya, Taco Truck, Peppers, and Florida Kilos

maybe a doin' time slipped in there too...

:true:

3 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

i think jack would have been able to fit lana's vision and sonically matched the song to the album without making it SO stripped down and boring

but that's literally what lana wanted.... and she seems quite happy with the result. are you saying she shouldn't be allowed creative control over her art bc she makes her songs "stripped down and boring"? this is less about jack and more about lana's artistic direction. is there a different producer you think would've reworked it better without going against lana's artistic vision for it?

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

7 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

are you saying she shouldn't be allowed creative control over her art

:stareney2: ...no

and she seems quite happy with the result

i'm sure that lana is happy with the large majority of her art
there are still songs that the majority of her listeners can agree have worst production than others, though

is there a different producer you think would've reworked it better without going against lana's artistic vision for it?

probably

also, it's really not about lana's artistic direction because as i stated, there are many songs on the album with rich instrumentals yet still stripped down more than her previous works
so obviously, her idea for the album's production was perfect, but jack executed it poorly on some songs (again, not all, i really like a lot of his work)

11 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Very unpopular opinion : I want Zach Dawes to produce LDRX by himself, I’m so in love with the way he makes songs :oprah:

Thunder - California - Black Bathing Suit - Dealer - Text book - ocean blvd 

i just discovered that he also produced hollywood bowl
king behavior tbh

I think that she should work more with jon batiste 

CN and the interlude were top-notch tracks imo and felt a bit different to the rest of the album in a way 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, Americen Whore said:

Very unpopular opinion : I want Zach Dawes to produce LDRX by himself, I’m so in love with the way he makes songs :oprah:

Thunder - California - Black Bathing Suit - Dealer - Text book - ocean blvd 

I’d take any Zach track on her next project but I am not 100% sure I’d love a complete album by him: maybe it would sound a bit too slow or “subtle” in terms of production?!? :tsk: 

i am so excited to see what lana does next because at this point she can go in any direction. the rise of say yes to heaven could inspire her to create songs that are more simple and catchy such as paris texas. the ending of dykttatuob could lead to an album full of trap songs. she could create more folksy music. she could switch up entirely and make psychedelic rock music (a girl can dream…). whatever she does i hope the muffled vocals DIE. i have no idea why her voice isn’t clear and loud in her new music. you can hear it in peppers, how tommy sounds normal and then lana’s production is foggy. please can we just get zero whispery/muffled production :defeated: 

i honestly want drew out of the equation :creep:  he’s boring; lana typically uses him for her more piano-based songs and i think those should go to jon batiste instead. zach & jack can stay. i used to be the #1 jack hater but he definitely has his bombtastic moments, aka vb and a&w. speaking of bombtastic, i’d love for lana to do a world building album. i think she got everything off of her chest in dykttatuob and as mentioned previously with the success of syth she could potentially be motivated to make more vibey music that aren’t so heavy on the writing. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ