shadesofloveduthenandnow

LDRX - Thoughts & Speculations Thread

8 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

i am so excited to see what lana does next because at this point she can go in any direction. the rise of say yes to heaven could inspire her to create songs that are more simple and catchy such as paris texas. the ending of dykttatuob could lead to an album full of trap songs. she could create more folksy music. she could switch up entirely and make psychedelic rock music (a girl can dream…). whatever she does i hope the muffled vocals DIE. i have no idea why her voice isn’t clear and loud in her new music. you can hear it in peppers, how tommy sounds normal and then lana’s production is foggy. please can we just get zero whispery/muffled production :defeated: 

i honestly want drew out of the equation :creep:  he’s boring; lana typically uses him for her more piano-based songs and i think those should go to jon batiste instead. zach & jack can stay. i used to be the #1 jack hater but he definitely has his bombtastic moments, aka vb and a&w. speaking of bombtastic, i’d love for lana to do a world building album. i think she got everything off of her chest in dykttatuob and as mentioned previously with the success of syth she could potentially be motivated to make more vibey music that aren’t so heavy on the writing. 

no truee cause bb and everything after atleast partially felt like her defending herself opening up and recovering from the fiasco that was 2020 and all the hate she got and now especially since shes back to performing live and seeing how much her fans go crazy for her i wonder if shes gonna do a return to form with her iconic world building or if all of this is gonna change her music at all

'LMLYLAW,' like 'How To Disappear,' show Lana writing the music of early middle age and early middle age concerns, as do 'Sweet,' 'Arcadia,' 'Sweet Carolina,' 'Grandfather,' 'The Grants,' the COCC title track, 'Hollywood Bowl,'  'Violets For Roses,' 'Margaret,' and others.

Of course, the quality and focus vary from track to track; we may prefer some over others, or like them all. The probably-unconscious influence of Carly Simon is manifesting. This is where she is as this point of her life; it's normal, it's natural, it's to be expected. She's listening to her inner voice and being responsible to it. And she hasn't even had a child yet. 

'OB' was a real hodgepodge of sounds and song styles, and I get the feeling she was probably more comfortable with the more streamlimned 'BB' and 'COCC' albums, even if she thought 'COCC' needed a bit more filling out.  

And it felt to me as if she were more 'present' in 'The Grants,' 'Grandfather,' 'Kintsugi' and 'Sweet' than she was in, say, 'Peppers.'  

I'd prefer something different for LDRX, as I feel the songs mentioned above in the first paragraph are starting to sound repetitious thematically and musically. I still want lyrical substance, but both 'Peppers' and 'Taco Truck' were highlights of 'OB' for me, as well as 'LTLI.' 

Oh... I think that in the break before the album, she will have fun and write music with her dad and friends "in the industry".

Billie??:flutter: 

Maybe it will be so good to support her in streaming and keep in plain sight :oic3:

And in between breaks to throw out unreleased!!:excited::excited::excited:(or remixes)

I hope she'll take some time and come back with another magnum opus like OB :true: 

I really don't know what's coming next after the variety of OB's sound. Personally I would love A&W vibes as well as hyperpop x VB

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

I’m choosing to believe Jack heard Pink Champagne and asked Lana if he could “transform” the song, with complete malicious intent.

he was left speechless when he heard the demo and he decided he wanted to keep that version to himself  :oop2:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, cherrytropico said:

i am so excited to see what lana does next because at this point she can go in any direction. the rise of say yes to heaven could inspire her to create songs that are more simple and catchy such as paris texas. the ending of dykttatuob could lead to an album full of trap songs. she could create more folksy music. she could switch up entirely and make psychedelic rock music (a girl can dream…). whatever she does i hope the muffled vocals DIE. i have no idea why her voice isn’t clear and loud in her new music. you can hear it in peppers, how tommy sounds normal and then lana’s production is foggy. please can we just get zero whispery/muffled production :defeated: 

i honestly want drew out of the equation :creep:  he’s boring; lana typically uses him for her more piano-based songs and i think those should go to jon batiste instead. zach & jack can stay. i used to be the #1 jack hater but he definitely has his bombtastic moments, aka vb and a&w. speaking of bombtastic, i’d love for lana to do a world building album. i think she got everything off of her chest in dykttatuob and as mentioned previously with the success of syth she could potentially be motivated to make more vibey music that aren’t so heavy on the writing. 

I loved how she described her previous LPs as world-building, but almost immediately after reading that, I was wondering with which album she considered she wasn’t “world-building” anymore? :um2: of course, it’s easy to make the shortcut that a cohesive album = world-building, but maybe this is not it entirely. 
LFL, in its original concept, was “world-built” but it kinda shifted along the way… Norman seems pretty much world-building… was Chemtrails « accidentally » world- built? It’s one of her most cohesive albums even though it might have been because she couldn’t finish it properly and add a « switch »/ second part to it. 
Blue Banisters and Ocean Blvd are certainly not into the « world-building » realm anymore… 

what are your thoughts on the subject?

On 6/3/2023 at 5:17 PM, Good Intentions said:

I need an album that sounds like Pink Champagne :rollin:

I don’t understand why that track wasn’t on the Deluxe edition of UV: it fits perfectly. 
i never hated LMLyLAW but after having heard Pink Champagne, I can’t help but think she missed the mark by reworking that one for Chemtrails :tsk: The line LMLYLAW becomes so iconic on Pink Champagne, so beautifully heartbreaking, just like the other lines she considers « important » in her discography (hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have / will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful). The Chemtrails version took out the pain / the cry out of that line by wanting to make it sound more « tamed »- middle-aged… 

That being said, I’d love a track like Pink Champagne, about a distant lover / addiction problem intertwined, for her next album… but I’m not sure she is in that headspace anymore… 

1 hour ago, cherrytropico said:

This is exactly how I feel after OB and her most recent singles. And this also the most intriguing part.
 I realize that my initial expectations for a new Lana album are deeply rooted with the seasons: in the summer, I want easy-breezy tracks like the end of OB; in the fall or winter, I like introspective tracks or maybe more « orchestra » Lana like the title track or Kintsugi. 
but I think the real question right now might be if her label wants more unreleased or side singles that are doing extremely well before another original LP… 

(Also: anyone else wants to hear Bittersweet Anthem badly next time she performs live?)

I hope LDR10 is at least partially produced by Rick Nowels :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

21 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Some stuff from her Instagram 

There were stories of a church in the forest up north 

Recreation Area 32 

Today’s news - tomorrow’s fish papers

Out of place, in my element 

If you only knew what I was thinking 

Almost famous 

Last minutes of daylight

In Zimmerman with sandals, on one summer dress to choose

I was gonna say these probably mean nothing but then I remembered she teased "that's why they call me lanita" and "3 white buttlerflies to know you're near" on her Insta back in 2022 :gasp: 

"There were stories of a church in the forest up north" definitely sounds like it could be an opening line to a song but idk :troll:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

35 minutes ago, breakingupslowly said:

either way since its ldr10 maybe theres a chance emile hayne could come back since it would be a pretty good time to do a callback to debut but thats me letting my delusions win again :defeated:

I never know how to feel about a Emile Haynie return. :um2: BTD and Paradise were iconic AF, his contribution to Love surely was incredible… but some of his recent songs aren’t doing much for me (Consequences by Camila Cabello sounds sub-par Ocean Blvd :hillary:)

16 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Recreation Area 32 

Almost famous 

Last minutes of daylight

« There were stories of a church in the forest up north » truly sounds Lana… 

the « in Zimmerman » line… isn’t it from her poetry book already?

17 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Recreation Area 32 

Almost famous 

Last minutes of daylight

your about to launch this era’s fake tracklist era :eartha:

sgopYhV.gif

now whenever i read "There were stories of a church in the forest up north," I sing it in my head like "I had fifteen-year dances, church basement romances"

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden