shadesofloveduthenandnow

LDRX - Thoughts & Speculations Thread

8 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I loved how she described her previous LPs as world-building, but almost immediately after reading that, I was wondering with which album she considered she wasn’t “world-building” anymore? :um2: of course, it’s easy to make the shortcut that a cohesive album = world-building, but maybe this is not it entirely. 
LFL, in its original concept, was “world-built” but it kinda shifted along the way… Norman seems pretty much world-building… was Chemtrails « accidentally » world- built? It’s one of her most cohesive albums even though it might have been because she couldn’t finish it properly and add a « switch »/ second part to it. 
Blue Banisters and Ocean Blvd are certainly not into the « world-building » realm anymore… 

what are your thoughts on the subject?

I definitely agree. While I like Lust For Life, it is probably my least favorite of hers… it definitely has good songs, but I think what makes me ‘dislike’ the album is that it had so much potential to me that it didn’t live up to. It was supposed to be her witchy album. It was so promising - the lust for life demo (rip you were the most witchy song ever and I think of you daily) and even a Stevie nicks collab!! The visuals, the teaser, the cover art. I think the max Martin and The Weeknd part kind of ruined it for me. Don’t get me wrong I still love LFL, but I mourn what it could have been. I wish it had leaned more towards the lust for life demo and cherry. So yes, I completely agree with you. Especially with your take on chemtrails. I love that album so much, it definitely makes me feel like a girl living on the country side in the mountains, in a gorgeous old money mansion. Playing golf, spending time in the country clubs. Just appreciating life and normality. I love bb, but I definitely think it lacks in the visuals, the visuals are pretty but I feel like I built more of the world building of the album in my head. SMe goes with OB, if not even more. I love the mv wand photo shoot, but I just can’t get a clear picture in my head of what OB. It has so much potential, but I still don’t feel like she really showed us all of the puzzle pieces.

5 hours ago, Poppers said:

I was gonna say these probably mean nothing but then I remembered she teased "that's why they call me lanita" and "3 white buttlerflies to know you're near" on her Insta back in 2022 :gasp: 

"There were stories of a church in the forest up north" definitely sounds like it could be a opening line to a song but idk :troll:

I really hope she’ll use Waist Deep In Icy Waves

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

5 hours ago, honeymo0n said:

I hope LDR10 is at least partially produced by Rick Nowels :true:

Yes. I loved Jack Antonoff on NFR, but I think it’s time for her to get a new producer for LDRX.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:43 PM, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

For the love of The Moon, an album produced with Vangelis!

blade runner's score has some of my favourite pieces of music ever and i used to daydream abt them working together like esp on the original lust for life :pray: 🕊

mUENGN9.png

16 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

blade runner's score has some of my favourite pieces of music ever and i used to daydream abt them working together like esp on the original lust for life :pray: 🕊

Absolutely my thoughts. Lust for Life darker songs (honorable mention Lust for Life demo 1) would probably be the closest we heard that Vangelis type of sound. But I wasn’t thinking of Blade Runner when I made that statement:) more like Vangelis’s early 70s records. 

I hope she's so moved by how much love she's getting from Latin America during her tour, she releases an album inspired by latin music. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

The next album can be dark, sirens (not the album but the creatures) , foggy California beach, dragonslayer, lush and dreamy in its production (similar like honeymoon). And she could name it Waist Deep In Icy Waves (am I the only one who remembers that instagram post after her gorgeous photo shoot when she announce LDR9?)

Also, am I the only one who remembers when insiders said that LDR9 would be giving foggy California beaches, and DNC? I still have questions. I definitely think that DNC meant Del Norte County, which is were she had that photo shoot. But she never mentions it in OB. Nor do I think that OB qualifies as a foggy California beach vibes. Perhaps the insiders were lying, or she changed her mind. Has she ever talked about a future album, before releasing the album before it?

When do you (realistically) think we're getting some mention of new music? I feel like she's going to say something towards the end of the "tour" (something really vague like I'm excited about what I've been writing lately tho).

I wonder if she's taking the whole festival season as a studio break or if she's going back and forth between dates since the dates are concentrated around 1 or 2 weeks with a month break between them (specially the last 2 being in August and then October but I guess she'll announce some September gigs too). 

I know that we just got a whole new (and long) album but Lana never stops writing and I'm sure the vinyl delays make her work faster since she gets annoyed about having to sit 3 - 4 months on her completed albums :thumb2:

I wouldn't be shocked if we get a brand new track as early as next spring :true:

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

When do you (realistically) think we're getting some mention of new music? I feel like she's going to say something towards the end of the "tour" (something really vague like I'm excited about what I've been writing lately tho).

I wonder if she's taking the whole festival season as a studio break or if she's going back and forth between dates since the dates are concentrated around 1 or 2 weeks with a month break between them (specially the last 2 being in August and then October but I guess she'll announce some September gigs too). 

I know that we just got a whole new (and long) album but Lana never stops writing and I'm sure the vinyl delays make her work faster since she gets annoyed about having to sit 3 - 4 months on her completed albums :thumb2:

I wouldn't be shocked if we get a brand new track as early as next spring :true:

I have absolutely no idea how the next months will play out and it’s exciting. we know some plans have been loosely made for her until the end of the year, like the guy from her label stated in a recent interview. Personally, I’d love an August single non related to an album (like a cute summer song / unexpected collab) :bodyisready:

Next spring makes sense for a new single and era… but I guess those plans really could shift rapidly if she puts out an unreleased collection in the meantime. And since interscope knows it would do very well, there’s no way vinyls wouldnt be pressed for this. 

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

I think if Ben and Ed have their way we'll only get unreleased music like SYTH for the next two years. :oop2:

On 6/12/2023 at 11:26 AM, Ultraviolencez said:

we want a witchy album

All I want

I would love this album to have songs like Madly/Pink Champagne (with their sad rock influence), moments like the If You Lie Down With Me outro and haunting instrumentals similar to something that Mazzy Star would do :flutter:

lana-del-rey-painting.gif