shadesofloveduthenandnow

LDRX - Thoughts & Speculations Thread

Is it just me that feels like the next record might be more upbeat and fun?

Look at Lust For Life, Change and Get Free were great indicators of what was to come on NFR!

Then with NFR!... hope is a dangerous thing kinda hinted at Chemtrails being much more stripped back.

Then I feel like Dance Till We Die and For Free were good indicators of what Blue Banisters would sound like sonically?

And again, Sweet Carolina lyrically set us up for Ocean Blvd in my opinion.

Which means LDR10 is gonna be influenced by Peppers and Taco Truck x VB!

9 hours ago, bored said:

Is it just me that feels like the next record might be more upbeat and fun?

Look at Lust For Life, Change and Get Free were great indicators of what was to come on NFR!

Then with NFR!... hope is a dangerous thing kinda hinted at Chemtrails being much more stripped back.

Then I feel like Dance Till We Die and For Free were good indicators of what Blue Banisters would sound like sonically?

And again, Sweet Carolina lyrically set us up for Ocean Blvd in my opinion.

Which means LDR10 is gonna be influenced by Peppers and Taco Truck x VB!

all her records are interconnected especially the closers with how they indicate the sounds of the next ones :wub:

Byeeee I asked Chat GPT to come up with an album title and tracklist for Lana’s next album. 

Album title: “Endless Summer Nights”

Tracklist:
    1    Midnight in Malibu
    2    Endless Summer Nights
    3    Lover's Lament
    4    Sunset Boulevard
    5    Heartbreak Hotel
    6    Venice Beach
    7    Hollywood Hills
    8    Santa Monica Dreamin'
    9    Pacific Coast Highway
    10    Neon Nights

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencez said:

im so curious about the next album, not just the theme, but i wonder wheres she going with her music in general

lana hyperpop era incoming :excited:

I will kill for a Lana hyperpop album 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

On 3/31/2023 at 3:36 PM, Bonita said:

idk if anyone has mentioned it but in the LES INROCKTIBLES interview she said one thing she learned from Ocean Blvd is to take even more risks/experiment more :excited:

Exactly. And didn’t Antonoff pretty much confirm that in a recent interview? I think it was the Rolling Stone UK one. 

Taco Truck could be a hint. A looser, sultrier style (first half of Taco Truck), mixed with surprising structure (the transition and change of style) and dark brooding atmosphere (the closing seconds of the track with the unsettling piano could be a nod to the heavier foreboding piano on Candy Necklace and the JB interlude which were the last songs to be recorded for the album apart from Margaret). 

I also find it quite bizarre that during the

album photoshoot she told Neil that she wanted to include « Pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard » on the album title, yet none of these words have appeared on the lyrics of any of the album tracks at all. And these were supposed to be the titles of five brand new songs! 

I hope in the next few years Lana finds a producer who mainly only works with her and can really perfect everything she is going for. Rick Nowels worked with Lana for years and during that time, almost exclusively worked with her. I think that made her music feel so special, because literally no one else was doing it quite like her. And she definitely still has that factor, like who else is doing a 7 minute folk-rock alt ballad into a trap trip-hop outro? But I still think Jack works with so many people that her music has lost a little bit of its individuality. So I really want her to start experimenting with different people and find what works for her. Not that I don’t love Jack, I think he is incredible but I think his work with Lana doesn’t feel as fresh as it did when working with other producers. 

2 hours ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Exactly. And didn’t Antonoff pretty much confirm that in a recent interview? I think it was the Rolling Stone UK one. 

Taco Truck could be a hint. A looser, sultrier style (first half of Taco Truck), mixed with surprising structure (the transition and change of style) and dark brooding atmosphere (the closing seconds of the track with the unsettling piano could be a nod to the heavier foreboding piano on Candy Necklace and the JB interlude which were the last songs to be recorded for the album apart from Margaret). 

I also find it quite bizarre that during the

album photoshoot she told Neil that she wanted to include « Pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard » on the album title, yet none of these words have appeared on the lyrics of any of the album tracks at all. And these were supposed to be the titles of five brand new songs! 

Taco truck was very cluttered and I hope she never makes anything like it again :awkney:

21 hours ago, TropicoHeart said:

Byeeee I asked Chat GPT to come up with an album title and tracklist for Lana’s next album. 

Tracklist:
    1    Midnight in Malibu
    3    Lover's Lament
    4    Sunset Boulevard
    5    Heartbreak Hotel
    6    Venice Beach
    7    Hollywood Hills
    10    Neon Nights

Venice Beach XD

WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD by @MrFameKills needs to be real as an album title

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 4/2/2023 at 2:50 AM, Jeanne Dielman said:

also find it quite bizarre that during the

Does anyone feel like filling me in on when this was said and who said it? I need help building my fantasy that a deluxe/sequel album is coming

13 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Does anyone feel like filling me in on when this was said and who said it? I need help building my fantasy that a deluxe/sequel album is coming

I don't think it was ever confirmed, it was just people speculating/half joking.

However i remember someone did say how it was odd how Neil shot additional pictures with Lana that were never released and people were speculating that maybe they were being saved for another album (the church pic in your pfp)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

23 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I don't think it was ever confirmed, it was just people speculating/half joking.

However i remember someone did say how it was odd how Neil shot additional pictures with Lana that were never released and people were speculating that maybe they were being saved for another album (the church pic in your pfp)

I was one of those people stoking the deluxe/sequel idea because of the church pic and other unseen pics and such :sadcore5: Remember when Ben put something about “album(s)” in an IG caption about Lana? Was that in 2020, 2021 or 2022? They’re all the same year in my mind lol :toofunny:

On 3/31/2023 at 5:24 PM, TropicoHeart said:

Tracklist:
    1    Midnight in Malibu
    3    Lover's Lament
    4    Sunset Boulevard
    5    Heartbreak Hotel
    6    Venice Beach
    7    Hollywood Hills
    10    Neon Nights

Miley Cyrus literally just released this…