Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

Ma’am, she’s an actress!

Loved the concept of it being BTS, her look w/ the blonde wig and the hood… then when she takes the blonde wig off and there’s another wig underneath… homegirl has been watching drag race.

This eerie song deserved an eerie music video and that’s exactly what we got!

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

Well that was definitely a choice….:hillary:

The visuals are stunning but I find the BTS very distracting. 

It keeps interrupting the flow of the song and video :crai:

unnamed.gif

if anything, there should’ve just been a better balance between the bts & the pro-shot stuff 

it felt like a Very Uneven Ratio of the two, it was way more bts than anything else, should’ve been the other way around methinks 

It wouldn’t be a Lana release if half of her fans weren’t complaining about not getting what they wanted :silly:

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, LemonadeTea said:

She looks soooo beautiful. I get the feeling that maybe she didn’t like how the MV recorded so they decided to go with a BTS feel instead? Lol

eh i don’t think so, i think this was always the concept 

iirc, when they were shooting it someone asked in the comments of honeymoon and she described it as a meta black dahlia or something 

I think it would’ve been more impactful if those behind the scenes episodes came later in the video like after the second chorus or something. Cuz now the story isn’t fully developed  and bts shots took most of the time

I wasn't sold at first, but... I'm sold :worship:

Not only does this work so beautifully with the process-is-product aesthetic on Ocean Blvd, but is honestly such a definitive LDR statement. Like, the fact that there's already discussions about the BTS shots being inauthentic just speaks to how well she executed this concept of "blurring the lines between real and the fake" (to quote a certain BtD classic). You never know what's a persona and what's genuine LDR (whatever that is!). And the audacity of ending the video with her posing with her (as yet) nonexistent Hollywood star? It doesn't get any more classic Lana. In awe

o4qjp4j.png

the video itself is camp but the BTS shots are kinda distressing I almost had a headache lmao anyways this would’ve been more interesting if she did a CN / JB Interlude double mv instead of repeating the instrumental and vocals over and over

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, brandon said:

eh i don’t think so, i think this was always the concept 

iirc, when they were shooting it someone asked in the comments of honeymoon and she described it as a meta black dahlia or something 

Omg yes you're right! I forgot she called it meta. I'm seeing the vision :agree: