Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

you're just not getting it babe. It's a dis of the whole idea of nonsense pop video culture.

music videos are dying out, people don't care, and the idea of Hollywood glamor and red carpet culture is tired af.

because everyone knows right now that behind it is hard work, and pain, and sweat, and blood and couch casting, and unequal pay, etc

she explicitly voices this in the video by saying "i can't be a robot."

she's over the industry. Like really over it. Tired of playing the game. She dissed it Arcadia but this is taking it to the next level.

So that's why she said "where do we go from here?" It's a full 180 from her BTD video.

I mean yeah ... I get it. That said I think not everything needs to be a diss of "classic" music videos, the culture and everything ... sometimes we juste want art, like a cinematic serve and I think the video would have been more impactful without the BTS footages ! Especially when you see how big the production was. But overall I'm happy and loving all these looks and storytelling ! Just weird choices but I'll take that !

lana-del-rey-painting.gif

2 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

now I need the extended version on Spotify

I loved it so much.

Honestly if she kept the video same with this extended version and minimized/erased all the talking, it would elevate whole video to another level. I think the video itself is self-explanatory and she explaining the concept explicitly takes away from it. 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

this is what I'm going to watch when the doctor says I have 10 minutes and 57 seconds left to live :true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Another detail that I loved:

when at the end they show all of them wearing the necklaces except the last Lana (the one with the Priscilla hair), I think it could mean that she’s finally free? From the media?

so many interesting clues 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

1 minute ago, Fireffie said:

when at the end they show all of them wearing the necklaces except the last Lana (the one with the Priscilla hair), I think it could mean that she’s finally free? From the media?

wow that's really smart and it makes sense

1 minute ago, Fireffie said:

I think that might be it, also because the video finally goes to color when she's shown not wearing a necklace anymore 

13 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Maybe the fact that she includes all those bts cuts alongside with official video is to prove a point that all these hollywood women she portrays in this MV (Marilyn, the black dahlia girl etc.) have all faced tragic ending by the exploitation of the media. And while her fake "character" in this video has the same ending (m*rdered & the paparazzi all swarm around her dead corspe) - she herself, in fact - the real Lana Del Rey in real life "behind all the scenes", behind this "character" is still alive & breathing, as we see in the ending of the video - it's just all "made up"

It's giving National Anthem right here lf0aCLs.jpg

the hair is definitely giving old LDR, it's interesting how it reflects on the media and seems like her message to criticism - this shot makes me think of the acclaim she got during NFR, but the murder being used to symbolize how she "glorifies abuse" with the man in the car who was looking at her throughout the second half of the video, but it could also symbolize how the media murders her for being vulnerable and being herself, which is almost just as abusive of a relationship as her being with a man who beats her and she sings about it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

If we only got the actual scenes from the MV what would the story/concept even be? Looking old Hollywood glamour and pretty? :hide:

It's clear that she doesn't use MVs as promo to boost songs so I'm glad she can develop interesting concepts while still giving us visuals and looking amazing as always anyway :true:

We'll eventually get standard medium-big budget MVs like the Chemtrails one at some point but it makes so much sense to release this one for Ocean Blvd.

giphy.gif

Honestly love it. The behind the scenes aren’t really behind the scenes they were always planned to be part of the music video, ya know? 

while I get not liking it (that’s totally valid), if it was just Lana looking pretty as these different women the whole meaning of video would be lost. 

4 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

soo btd coded
Imagem
Couldn't find any photos of Nicole Nodland's Born To Die ...

they definitely had this nicole photoshoot in the moodboard :true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I would have loved for the BTS to be displayed differently, for instance have crew photos in photo frames in certain scenes or a video of the director talking to Lana on a tv screen that she is staring at etc. It is very obvious what they were going for but I wish they didn't have to say it out loud and instead used some imagery, illusion, storytelling to explain it.