Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

She literally explained it in the video WHY it's a behind the scene video, so you can't get rid of the behind the scene footage just because you want more professional footage of Lana serving looks. The behind the scenes stuff is the whole point, so it makes sense why most of it is the behind the scenes not the actual professional shots. She clearly has a vision and I think it executed pretty well.    

7 minutes ago, fishtails said:

This is just like her Burning Desire look but with blonde hair :oprah: I love all the self references in this music video 

20230510-114401.jpg

artworks-000668085340-2yfwlg-t500x500.jp

I knew that I have seen this film before........ 

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

28 minutes ago, bluevelvetcola said:

Ok someone provide me with a thought-provoking analysis about the deeper meaning of the video because I’m dumb :stareney2:

To my understanding, the 'Candy Necklaces" are all women in Hollywood, or really just famous women, being objectified and glamourized and overall dehumanized. 

I (think) the first might be Jackie Kennedy? The second woman portrayed is obviously Marilyn Monroe. I (also think) the third is a Jessica Rabbit, or a real life Jessica Rabbit-esque woman. Then its the Black Dahlia, and finally, Lana herself. They are the candy necklaces. The constant behind the scenes shots are meant to humanize these women, showing that they're more than figures or representations in the media, they're real people. 

12 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

can someone tell me the significance of the blood? does it symbolize death? is it directly related to the death scene at the end? or is it supposed to be like “blood diamonds”?

The blood, to me, signifies the often tragic ends to this style of life, being idolized, etc. It could also just be a reference to the tragic end to Elizabeth Short (Black Dahlia), as her scene was shown right after the blood.

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

Check your emails. I got one announcing the video and an option to pre order Candy Necklace. I don't if that was already available just passing the info. 

4 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

soo btd coded
Imagem
Couldn't find any photos of Nicole Nodland's Born To Die ...

I definitely think she's reflecting how much alike she is to these historically idolized women, or how much they've influenced her in the past and now. She was kind of expecting this life from the beginning of her fame; i.e. "I can be your China doll, you want to see me fall." 

1 minute ago, rural legend said:

I would have loved for the BTS to be displayed differently, for instance have crew photos in photo frames in certain scenes or a video of the director talking to Lana on a tv screen that she is staring at etc. It is very obvious what they were going for but I wish they didn't have to say it out loud and instead used some imagery, illusion, storytelling to explain it.

She's saying it out loud and STILL some of you guys are not getting it. Imagine if she's being more subtle with it, a lot of you are going to care more about how she looks rather than the actual story.   

I get her point & concept & understand her intention but she needs to release "Candy Necklace (Director's Cut/ Short Version)" while she's at it :lange: I want to see the music video as in music video form tho. :hair:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I love how she is over the industry and finally free, but not us buying 30 variants of the same record. I see myself doing a Candy Necklace video dropping off all my 500$+ records so I can be finally free from this addiction :dmd:

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

Just now, SalvaWHORE said:

I get her point & concept & understand her intention but she needs to release "Candy Necklace (Director's Cut/ Short Version)" while she's at it :lange: I want to see the music video as in music video form tho. :hair:

this IS the music video form :/ 

i feel like everyone hating on the bts shots are missing the whole point of the video...