Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

1 minute ago, rural legend said:

Ok, I am usually the last person to get involved in the pointless back-and-forth's about someone's artistic vision and someone's subjective reaction to that very vision but believe me it is POSSIBLE to GET IT and still be able to experience a thought process in which you might wonder how things could have played out had the artist gone with a different direction of explaining their vision. 

I get it that you get it and I get it that you love it but do you get that I get it and do you get that I might have a different opinion?

Yeah I think some people do not realise that they're talking to real people and that they're being so mean to others sometimes. We're here because we love Lana and just want to share our opinions in a respectful way :toofunny:.

Sending you love :heart:

lana-del-rey-painting.gif

The music video somehow reflects her entire career. The rich old man represents the music industry, the diamond necklaces her success, which becomes more and more a burden. In the end she exchanges them for simple sugar necklaces and is happiest with them.

3 minutes ago, rural legend said:

Ok, I am usually the last person to get involved in the pointless back-and-forth's about someone's artistic vision and someone's subjective reaction to that very vision but believe me it is POSSIBLE to GET IT and still be able to experience a thought process in which you might wonder how things could have played out had the artist gone with a different direction of explaining their vision. 

I get it that you get it and I get it that you love it but do you get that I get it and do you get that I might have a different opinion?

no. Because if you got it you woulda loved it. Soz

Wow, im stunned. At first i was confused where the music video was going, then it immediately clicked when she started talking about her vision for the video. Shes portraying all of these women who were let down by society that were expected to be 100% star power all the time. The bts footage puts you in the place of this star whos lived multiple lives and its just such an interesting concept. I think her at the end with the hollywood star represents her being an angel, she has no candy necklace on. Its a lot to digest still but im in love. ALSO OMG THE HAIR THE LOOKS????????? I WAS SCREAMING i hope we get more footage or pictures!

Lmao the scene where she tears her wig off is so funny to me bc I can just imagine how silly she must’ve looked with the hair net / bald cap thingy on, and then it cuts back as if she had a full head of curls under it :lmao:

Also it was way too long imo… I genuinely thought the jon batiste interlude was going to play at the end but it was just a 10 minute drawn out candy necklace… :prettyhurts:

she looked really cute in all the scenes except with the Marilyn wig on- I just don’t think it suited her. 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

4 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

The music video somehow reflects her entire career. The rich old man represents the music industry, the diamond necklaces her success, which becomes more and more a burden. In the end she exchanges them for simple sugar necklaces and is happiest with them.

I agree but I think there is a parallelism between candy necklaces and diamond necklaces, like how those candies dissolve in your mouth, give you a temporary taste/satisfaction and how there is no necklace left after you consume them.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 minute ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

I think her at the end with the hollywood star represents her being an angel, she has no candy necklace on. Its a lot to digest still but im in love. ALSO 

I didn't even catch that. Holy shit

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

Like she literally looks so insanely good i told yall glamour was coming back monthssss ago! And she has served this era on a HOT PLATE MAMA. She delivered and covered the shipping! The big hair and eyeliner at the end, the hollywood waves, the white coat, the wigs, the dresses, the jewels, the makeup, the glamour, the beauty, the allure, the art

3 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Lmao the scene where she tears her wig off is so funny to me bc I can just imagine how silly she must’ve looked with the hair net / bald cap thingy on, and then it cuts back as if she had a full head of curls under it :lmao:

Also it was way too long imo… I genuinely thought the jon batiste interlude was going to play at the end but it was just a 10 minute drawn out candy necklace… :prettyhurts:

she looked really cute in all the scenes except with the Marilyn wig on- I just don’t think it suited her. 

SHE SNATCHED THAT WIG RIGHT OFF HER HEAD I WAS GAGGED