Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

4 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Lmao the scene where she tears her wig off is so funny to me bc I can just imagine how silly she must’ve looked with the hair net / bald cap thingy on, and then it cuts back as if she had a full head of curls under it :lmao:

She actually pulled a Roxxxy Andrews and had two wigs on!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

Wow, im stunned. At first i was confused where the music video was going, then it immediately clicked when she started talking about her vision for the video. Shes portraying all of these women who were let down by society that were expected to be 100% star power all the time. The bts footage puts you in the place of this star whos lived multiple lives and its just such an interesting concept. I think her at the end with the hollywood star represents her being an angel, she has no candy necklace on. Its a lot to digest still but im in love. ALSO OMG THE HAIR THE LOOKS????????? I WAS SCREAMING i hope we get more footage or pictures!

I think the end of her with no candy necklace on was her saying that she will always remain true to herself and that she has broken free from the burden of “candy necklaces” that the women that proceeded her unfortunately dealt with.

1 minute ago, kallumlavigne said:

Was she killed by the end of it? Like pulling at her necklace then then jewels falling into red liquid, and the car abandoned?

Yeah in the car. Throwback to the born to die video. That's why baptiste is so shocked - because he sees her dead. Then it cuts to her in "heaven" on the hollywood walk of fame. 

The story they're shooting is sth like she's dating / is sponsored by an older man but cheats on him with a musician she falls in love with and then she dies.

so it's got two stories happening in parallel - that's how i understood it at least.

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

Yeah in the car. Throwback to the born to die video. That's why baptiste is so shocked - because he sees her dead. Then it cuts to her in "heaven" on the hollywood walk of fame. 

The story they're shooting is sth like she's dating / is sponsored by an older man but cheats on him with a musician she falls in love with and then she dies.

so it's got two stories happening in parallel - that's how i understood it at least.

hmmm this is interesting. i never thought of the relationship angle that could have lead to her death. someone said the older man represented the music industry/media but he felt more like a supportive figure up until the death scene so im unsure. 

4 minutes ago, fishtails said:

I think the first look shown is the Black Dahlia, since she has a black dahlia in her hair, second is Marilyn, the long blonde hair and white dress is her Burning Desire look, then she pulls off her wig to reveal hair similar to her Ride hair (and walks off with an older man aka sugar daddy, other Ride reference) 

Lastly we see her with her National anthem/NFR hair and makeup

I think they could also be representing other women but I think most of these looks are self-referential 

yeahhh there is definitely a mix between previous clips and old hollywood 

Capture-d-e-cran-2023-05-10-a-18-06-40.p
Capture-d-e-cran-2023-05-10-a-18-20-31.p

This is like the parallel between West Coast car scene and it's also Veronica Lake (mostly the cape look)

tumblr_inline_ovyzoflKp61qlt39u_250.gifv
fire eater 

Now do we think the Instagram comments have affected this video? Or was this her vision all along?
What happened to the Black Dahlia video?:awkney:

Only asking because Lana has a history scraping and shuffling videos (last minute changes :awkney:). West Coast video were supposed to be much darker with prominent death scenes of drug abuse but was changed due to her “I wish I was dead” interview. Ultraviolence kool aid cult video was scraped in favor of the self shot video.

I kinda interpreted it as she is the Candy Necklace, all these Hollywood starlets who she's looked up to, referenced and idolised throughout her career are the diamond necklaces? 

It's kinda like she wanted to be those women, it was her dream, but now she's satisfied as a Candy Necklace, it's not materialistic, no body desires a Candy Necklace. She doesn't want people to feel the way she did and need to be inspired by these women, losing themselves in a character, for her that's Lana Del Rey and what her career began as? She wasn't want or need to be a diamond necklace anymore.

I think we've seen her be less glamorous and cinematic in her last couple of eras throughout the visuals and she seems genuinely happy! The video is set in New York throughout (in black and white) and yet it ends in colour in Hollywood, her home now I guess and she's smiling without a necklace. Feels like another reference to an unhappy personal life in her early career compared to now?

The Hollywood star scene feels like a moment, her way of calling out the critics? How she doesn't get the acclaim and respect she deserves as an artist. 

I had no idea this was happening and it just appeared on my youtube, was this a surprise drop? 

The part of her in the blonde wig ignited something within me and suddenly i feel excited about her music again. This music video is so good!

Just goes to show how much power a good music video can hold when it's done right!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

27 minutes ago, kallumlavigne said:

Was she killed by the end of it? Like pulling at her necklace then then jewels falling into red liquid, and the car abandoned?

The star Lana Del Rey is not killed at the end. She saves herself from the trap and become succesful as we see from the Hollywood Walk of Fame scene which implies that death scene is only from the movie. This is unlike the actresses she's portraying in the music video, who fell into this trap and ended up with tragic deaths.

"all these women changed their name, changed their hair like me, they all fell into this different snake holes, so the whole point is how you learn from that and not fall into your own thing.""

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

So many things to say about this, but her paying homage to herself was the most full-circle moment I never expected from her.  :wowcry: 

The fact that she doesn't look a day older than on the National Anthem music video set shook me to the core:cryney2:

z445hpI.png

2 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

The star Lana Del Rey is not killed at the end. She saves herself from the trap and become succesful as we see from the Hollywood Walk of Fame scene which implies that death scene is only from the movie. This is unlike the actors she's portraying in the music video, who fell into this trap and ended up with tragic deaths.

It’s the death of her persona, Lana Del Rey IS Lizzy and Lizzy IS Lana Del Rey