Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

idk if i really like the final result but the concept does appeal to a thought i often have about how many different lives i could've lived if i made different decisions and also wishing i could just try on different lifestyles, personas, etc. and be a completely different person for a day.

though i think her intention was more to show the ways women have had to change themselves to gain their success and fame.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

the behind the scenes shots are not exactly regular behind the scenes shots they just decided to include in the editing after recording tho... this is the main point here

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

this VEVO shit is too messy. BENNNN WHERE ARE YOU? WE DONT WANT SPLIT VIEWS FOR MVs AGAIN :lange:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

THIS IS ONE OF HER BEST MUSIC VIDEOS NO DOUBT:trisha:

I can't believe this just happened :defeated:

The concept, the story , the big brain energy, the big hair ,  the visuals, the looks,  the everything ...it's perfect, it's art:oprah: This feels like an instant classic already , she did that!! :defeated:

I really thought it's gonna be a very beautiful aesthetical 5 Minute video (like some ppl want it to be lol ) but it turned to be so much more..I am stunned & snatched like Lanas wig in the video:defeated: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

7 minutes ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm no closer to understanding what Candy Necklaces represent in the song. Obviously in the video, they're being depicted as real necklaces and I can get the imagery. But still don't understand in the context of the lyrics. 

So, basically in the song, "candy necklaces" might be like a symbol for something sweet and temporary - you know, like when you eat candy and it's awesome but it doesn't last long. The chorus is talking about a relationship that's really intense and exciting, but also maybe not super stable. The "candy necklaces" idea is a way to show that the relationship is fun and enjoyable, but it might not be something that lasts forever.

imo 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

I guess now I understand why she said in the visualizer "In case they said I never did anything, I did... I stood here and I sang it". She knew what reaction we'd have with the concept of the video, didn't she?

Just now, Ocean Boulevard said:

I really thought it's gonna be a very beautiful aesthetical 5 Minute video (like some ppl want it to be lol ) 

she could have posted a video with behind the scene and without :judgingu:

Just now, Roll With me said:

I guess now I understand why she said in the visualizer "In case they said I never did anything, I did... I stood here and I sang it". She knew what reaction we'd have with the concept of the video, didn't she?

sdpodomidndnsnsj

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

9 minutes ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm no closer to understanding what Candy Necklaces represent in the song. Obviously in the video, they're being depicted as real necklaces and I can get the imagery. But still don't understand in the context of the lyrics. 

I think they could stand for success or glamour, but there are certainly more possible answers.

I had thought of the title as a metaphor for drugs ("I like my candy", etc) but the video visual metaphor is better... "candy" as in "decorate my neck, diamontes, ices" making her into "arm candy" for the creepy old man producer/murderer... he reminds me of George Hodel, the Black Dahlia suspect I personally find most likely...plus her walking through the gallery of surrealist art is probably a reference to him, as he collected it and was friends with surrealist artists...a scary but compelling theory is that the way Elizaborth Short was murdered was meant to replicate certain surrealist images. Article here if interested: https://livpasquarelli.medium.com/the-bizarre-connection-between-surrealist-art-and-the-black-dahlia-murder-2d0d5258bd39  I'm a true crime ho, sorry not sorry :omfg2: 

ANYWAY, I think this is brilliant--at first I was frustrated not to see the "whole" video (like a polished narrative version), but then I realized that's the point; there is no narrative video. People were already criticizing Lana for "glamorizing" the Black Dahlia, so she completely subverted it by not filming a literal recreation of BD's tragic death, but instead showing the behind the scenes of glamorous women (including her own LDR persona) who are so much more than their image. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

1 minute ago, Orville Peck said:

Some of you deserve another video like Blue Banisters with an ugly filter. :lmao:

the blue banisters music video is actually good :sadcore:

omg I just watched and bitch I am gaggedddd :trisha: that was so good I loved the faux BTS style music video and how its meant to portray the disconnect between the legendary old Hollywood actress' lives and how we remember them through their films like wowwwww :wowcry: the shot of her getting out of the car with the leaves falling omfgggg :cryney2: her in the mafia bar with blonde BTD hair BITCHHHHHHHHHHHH :oprah2: the shot of her in the alley pulling a Roxxxy Andrews wig under a wig reveal :angie: the shot paralleling the paparazzi at the car crash to her getting her plaque on the Hollywood walk of fame :air2: that was crazyyyyyy 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

the video feels bittersweet 

it made me sad for some reason thinking that she feels that way about her position in hollywood and her fame and how much the scrutiny by themedia has impacted her.

I feel like the harsh treatment she has been facing all these years has definitely changed her view on what her career should look like in the future and has shifted her artistic vision in a way. 

Edited by Deadly Nightshade

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I genuinely don't understand why people are so desperate for a version without the BTS footage. You're getting looks on looks on looks but also Lana's actual personality.

There's no actual story to the footage they were filming, the BTS is the story so I'm not sure what you're hoping for??