Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

Did anyone else get a second Youtube notification for the Candy Necklace mv? I just noticed it now but I got another notification for the music video about 40 minutes ago and when I clicked on it, it said "This video is now private"...?

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

i think the true question is wtf the umbrella is about

Issa stretch but umbrella makes me think about safety and protection so maybe this Rockefeller person (wealthy, well-off, billionaire type who she accepted a private plane ride from mayhaps…) was some kind of protection figure in her mind :um2:

Edit: @mlittle11 omg????

1 minute ago, yourboy said:

That's it? It's kinda strange to namedrop just because of his riches :crossed:

Like I wouldn't make a song talking about Elon Musk just bc he is rich. When you know you know

ya but the Rockefellers are like the iconic symbol of late 19th century/early 20th century wealth

image.png

2 minutes ago, yourboy said:

Like I wouldn't make a song talking about Elon Musk just bc he is rich. When you know you know

It’s kinda slang to call someone Rockefeller - like when someone flexes their money. It goes pretty well with Lana’s 20th century American references.

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

whoever rockefeller is is shading her from the world n protecting her :legend:

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Issa stretch but umbrella makes me think about safety and protection so maybe this Rockefeller person (wealthy, well-off, billionaire type who she accepted a private plane ride from mayhaps…) was some kind of protection figure in her mind :um2:

oh ig that makes sense but still weird

image.png

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

ya but the Rockefellers are like the iconic symbol of late 19th century/early 20th century wealth

Just now, the greatest bitch said:

It’s kinda slang to call someone Rockefeller - like when someone flexes their money. It goes pretty well with Lana’s American references.

Thanks for the insight. I was kinda bored and curious about the randomest things

6 minutes ago, yourboy said:

Rockefeller was one of the richest in American history. He also was portrayed as a villain for some shit he did, so makes sense in the song with how she gets uncomfortable throughout.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

also interesting to watch how her mood deteriorates from scene to scene and her "rockefella/umbrella" looks in more and more skeptically

or the many incidental details like the man dropping the film flap

the video has multiple layers and it will probably take days or weeks to analyze everything properly

1 hour ago, honeymoon is alive said:

"sitting on the sofa feeling super suicidal" while she's portraying marilyn...

A bit off topic but imo Marilyn was not suicidal, at least not when she died:tea:

1 hour ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

This was so good. I think this is a short film more than a music video 

Definitely more of a short film to me as well! I wish it would have been even longer and maybe would have included another song. 

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

but she gets a hollywood star in the afterlife. And the industry will keep making money off her image.

I don't think it's supposed to be the afterlife. I see it as a different reality. The death scene is a what could have happened scenario while the walk of fame scenw is reality with Lana doing well.

6 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

who's the second girl?

Veronice Lake. She was a famous 40s actress who died fairly young because of alcohol abuse. She was treated awfully during her career, was called a bitch etc. but today we know she was diagnosed with schizophrenia and would have needed help instead of judgement.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Ugh I am just lost on the lyrics as if it is my first time reading them. After the video, I thought "you" from the song was fame and success but I really thought it was a relationship song. What does it all mean? :toofloppy:

1 minute ago, Blue Ink said:

Definitely more of a short film to me as well! I wish it would have been even longer and maybe would have included another song. 

I would have wished she included Purify

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

The masterpiece of a video A&W could've had... The intergalactic possibilities... :trisha:

doubt we’ll see one for aw 

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

12 minutes ago, Brat said:

Did anyone else get a second Youtube notification for the Candy Necklace mv? I just noticed it now but I got another notification for the music video about 40 minutes ago and when I clicked on it, it said "This video is now private"...?

Right! Something makes me think that there is another video, perhaps one without behind the scenes. Because what she says in the end of the visualizer too, “I’m kinda glad I got to lip sync. Makes me feel less nervous. There’s something, like if anything happens we’ve always got that in the can (?). In case they say I never did anything. I did. I stood here and I sang it.”

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

4 minutes ago, yourboy said:

Ugh I am just lost on the lyrics as if it is my first time reading them. After the video, I thought "you" from the song was fame and success but I really thought it was a relationship song. What does it all mean? :toofloppy:

well, out of all post-NFR songs, Candy Necklace is definitely the most enigmatic/mysterious/hard to grasp its actual meaning

6 minutes ago, Blue Ink said:

It would have been cool if she included the Jon batiste interlude

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐