Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

3 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

I think the video's fine but I don't get why they'd waste the opportunity to make a nice, polished music video :( I mean everything was there, the looks, the shots, the storylineΒ 

because a polished music video about the broken Hollywood dream makes no sense

Β 

OMG she has outdone herself AGAIN:paris:Β I love the meta theme so much which made me realize the Jon Batiste Interlude is sort of another behind the scenes piece of Jon and Lana playing in the studio together. That song exudes so much joy to me and it made me feel the same way seeing Lana at the end of CN video smilingΒ on the walk of fame.

Tumblr

4 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

because a polished music video about the broken Hollywood dream makes no sense

Β 

Yeah I get how including the behind the scenes sort of breaks the whole illusion of watching a polished video about a polished lifestyle, but I still feel like the message would've got through anyway, idkΒ 

I literally watched this video thinking omg lanaboards are gonna be gagged and was surprised to hear people complaining?? im so confused this was SPECTACULARΒ 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

This is a masterpiece.Β 
Β 

The BTS vs the Β« real footage Β», just like the empty promesse of a candy necklace, her looks, the old Hollywood vibes, the references to her other MV, plus the black and white imagery that mirrors the first photoshoot of the era AND the album cover… This has got to be one of her best.Β :angie:

Just now, Raise Me Up said:

omgg i can't wait to see the full versionΒ :crying4:

Point is for an official release of the cinematic masterpieces they filmed and not me putting together various clips....Β 

Anyway I will finish it laterΒ :legend:

the flash of the camera at the end fades into her looking beautiful, happy, and alive at her star. some are saying she might be in heaven?Β 

Β 

it reminds me of the line β€œi even think i found God in flash bulbs of your pretty cameras”

I didn’t get it at first and felt a bit annoyed that the flow of the song was constantly interrupted, because I just quite simply adore it. BUT, now I think maybe the idea was, with the self references many of you have mentioned, interrupting the flow of the art deliberatelyΒ (and thus the possibility of getting lost in it) to draw attention to the artist being a real person beyond our conceiving of her. I can tell she feels strongly about this particular this video which is honestly so cool to see. 🩡

Β 

3 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Yeah I get how including the behind the scenes sort of breaks the whole illusion of watching a polished video about a polished lifestyle, but I still feel like the message would've got through anyway, idkΒ 

but this is much better, maybe you need some time to get it

I'd honestly love a music video for Ocean Boulevard directed by Rich Lee as well. And if we're lucky enough to get a third video, i'd love it to be for Kintsugi or A&W:wowcry:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

What if Rockefeller refers to Rockefeller Center? Which couldΒ relate somehow to the nearby Diamond District in NYC (necklaces)? Or to SNL which is filmed at 30 Rock? Or just some guy she went to Rockefeller Center with one time?Β 

15 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I literally watched this video thinking omg lanaboards are gonna be gagged and was surprised to hear people complaining?? im so confused this was SPECTACULARΒ 

Β 

same.Β but I've learned this website will never fail to surprise me :true:Β 

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

29 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

I think the video's fine but I don't get why they'd waste the opportunity to make a nice, polished music video :( I mean everything was there, the looks, the shots, the storylineΒ 

They’re being saved for visuals on tourΒ :wink:

Β 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty bluesΒ 

19 minutes ago, mindofyouwithmeTHANKU1moretime said:

OMG she has outdone herself AGAIN:paris:Β I love the meta theme so much which made me realize the Jon Batiste Interlude is sort of another behind the scenes piece of Jon and Lana playing in the studio together. That song exudes so much joy to me and it made me feel the same way seeing Lana at the end of CN video smilingΒ on the walk of fame.

This just made me want JB interlude music video so bad. Like as they are in the CN MV, like reunitedΒ :pray2:

Β 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty bluesΒ 

54 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

One of her best videos ever tbh

Definitely.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

πšŠπš—πš πš’πš— πšπš‘πšŠπš πš–πš˜πš–πšŽπš—πš πš’ πšπšŽπšŒπš’πšπšŽπš 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 πš—πš˜πšπš‘πš’πš—πš, πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšπš‘πš’πš—πš