Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

i love that it was written by her. she’s so smart. 

also all of the looks are so freaking iconic… like she ate them all up!!!!! period! so much effort !!! 

her big hair is my favorite look on her stylistically..so i am still shook from this… 

i also didn’t immediately think she was channeling Priscilla with the big hair? i think the end at the hollywood star was her true self right? idk 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, paradisetropico said:

i love that it was written by her. she’s so smart. 

also all of the looks are so freaking iconic… like she ate them all up!!!!! period! so much effort !!! 

her big hair is my favorite look on her stylistically..so i am still shook from this… 

i also didn’t immediately think she was channeling Priscilla with the big hair? i think the end at the hollywood star was her true self right? idk 🤷‍♂️ 

I agree, I don't think she was channeling Veronica Lake either, I think those two were her before and after she let go of the necklace.

6 hours ago, barttttender said:

you're just not getting it babe. It's a dis of the whole idea of nonsense pop video culture.

music videos are dying out, people don't care, and the idea of Hollywood glamor and red carpet culture is tired af.

because everyone knows right now that behind it is hard work, and pain, and sweat, and blood and couch casting, and tons of money and advertising and unequal pay, etc

she explicitly voices this in the video by saying "i can't be a robot."

she's over the industry. Like really over it. Tired of playing the game. She dissed it with Arcadia but this is taking it to the next level.

So that's why she said "where do we go from here?" It's a full 180 from her BTD videos.

honestly, i think it's the best and most important video of the year.

This is the best summary of the video.

It’s crazy people keep calling it a cute BTS video, when it IS the official one! I think this is my favorite video of hers in recent years. 

8 minutes ago, buddysrendezvous101 said:

I agree, I don't think she was channeling Veronica Lake either, I think those two were her before and after she let go of the necklace.

tumblr_pm81fj8DS71qazanuo1_1280.jpg

This is Veronica Lake doing for promo for “I Married A Witch”, Lana’s white outfit is very similar. So I definitely think it was a hommage or referencing Veronica Lake.

Veronica Lake was born Constance Ockelman and changed her name when she came to Hollywood. She was known for blonde wavy hair and her style became very popular in the 40s. She struggled with alcoholism and while she didn’t die, her addiction did have to do with her leaving Hollywood to find recovery.

again many similarities to Lana’s story.

just got back from my 6 hour long ap bio exam to this news
probably failed it but it's okay because CNMV IS HEREEEEEE

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

This video is the statement on why she is the way she is now. She must have seen so many things.

Also I can't believe we just got her best video of the 2020s (so far).

I hope we get more great visuals like this for the rest of the decade (and for this album hopefully).

58 minutes ago, x VB said:

How is this considered a music video? It's a 10 min bts. Amazing visuals and looks ruined by this mess. My hopes are lost at this point

Because it’s a video with music playing the entire time :smokes:

6 hours ago, brooklyn bitch said:

I think the end of her with no candy necklace on was her saying that she will always remain true to herself and that she has broken free from the burden of “candy necklaces” that the women that proceeded her unfortunately dealt with.

Definitely this^^^ shes smiling at the end, everything is in color, shes in front of the her star. Its her ideal world, where art is appreciated and shes not seen just as this product of the industry to create an aesthetic. While i love every single look, i think it also represents how people expect her to look and act like a diva all the time. I got that Lana wants to feel glamorous and beautiful on her own terms, not society’s. Shes always referenced glamorous women who have deserved better in her art, but this film really added a layer of contemplation to the glamour and aesthetic of Lana Del Rey.

33 minutes ago, wildheart said:

tumblr_pm81fj8DS71qazanuo1_1280.jpg

This is Veronica Lake doing for promo for “I Married A Witch”, Lana’s white outfit is very similar. So I definitely think it was a hommage or referencing Veronica Lake.

Veronica Lake was born Constance Ockelman and changed her name when she came to Hollywood. She was known for blonde wavy hair and her style became very popular in the 40s. She struggled with alcoholism and while she didn’t die, her addiction did have to do with her leaving Hollywood to find recovery.

again many similarities to Lana’s story.

if she was doing an homage to Veronica Lake she FOR SURE would've mentioned her schizophrenia one way or another.
Marilyn was in a therapy session in the MV.

The stylistic inspirations are definitely Elizabeth Short, Marilyn Monroe, and Veronica Lake. The curls Lana has after she takes the long, blonde wig off are also reminiscent of Elizabeth Short, but could also have some Rita Hayworth or even Clara Bow inspiration to them for sure. The last look with the Walk of Fame star is purely just Lana to me 

imageproxy.jpg