Elle

Candy Necklace - Music Video [OUT NOW]

My thoughts: it's a GREAT short movie but a slightly annoying music video

Pros :

- The LOOKS

- The aesthetics really fit the era photoshoots 

- On top of referencing famous actresses I  think she also references different eras of herself (I'd say Lizzy, early BTD, Paradise, NFR with the FIILY video mention and even BB as she seems to be annoyed to be doing these videos, which also echoes to the official CN visualizer)

- the theme is reminiscent of some songs on the album such as A&W or Grandfather, maybe Sweet too

- it gives another dimension to the song or explains it more

Cons :

- it cuts the song WAY too much
Which of course is the concept but that's why I think it's a great short movie but slightly annoying music video 'cause it doesn't do CN any justice sonically

Firstly, I love the music video! It’s amazing. I expected no less 

I’ve also seen lots of comments about the references to other videos era etc throughout but just noticed when she takes the blonde wig off after the show those curls are giving Ride MV vibes. I’m sure someone else picked up on this but god her mind :crying:

#freetoedit #lana#lanadelrey#honeymoon

Dont have the time or the mental energy to elaborate now, but this may be the peak of her artistry till now.

All of her deepest fears and ambitions summed up in such a smart, beautiful and disturbing way.

I used to think that the 'old men' in her previous videos were referring to her "taste for men who are older"

And now once again the old man appears out of nowhere just like in West Coast and Shades of Cool :oprah2:

I have no idea what does it mean but I'm sure it is very important to her :oprah2: 

This film is huge, just like Ride and Tropico. I was not expecting that after all these years :defeated: 

1 hour ago, Let the Light In said:

I think she does not actually die at the end. I think her character has a happy ending unlike other stars and that murder scene is just a plot twist of just being a movie scene.

She says "all these women changed their name, changed their hair like me, they all fell into this different snake holes, so the whole point is how you learn from that and not fall into your own thing.""

Yeah I didn't think so either but I literally missed the point of it being a movie scene :silly: youre definirely right

9 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Dont have the time or the mental energy to elaborate now, but this may be the peak of her artistry till now.

All of her deepest fears and ambitions summed up in such a smart, beautiful and disturbing way.

This YES :crying4:

i'm just so so glad about this video existence, this is the lana i fell in love with back in the day. like, the big hair? the glam??? :oprah4: god i love cinematic lana so much… i knew the midwest haven't killed her forever!! she was just asleep. you know, back when i first watched tropico i thought to myself "damn, if a chick puts that much effort in her visuals i have no choice but to stan forever". needless to say that i've been let down in the visual effort department in the recent years :bebe: but not this time! candy necklace was totally worth the wait and more than whatever i could imagine. i really hope it's not the last video for the era but if it is, i'm at peace with it. the bar is high again thank you everyone 

8 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

The “bts” shots some of you keep talking about aren’t really “bts” at all.. they’re just apart of the music video — you’re just looking at it incorrectly

Literally😭 This was always the concept, she literally told us the concept IN the video💀

I was in public watching this n I almost teared up. This video’s like BBS’s older sister, and fishtail takes new meaning thru it too. 

It’s an eerie, beautiful, but eerie video that just further makes me admire her artistry so much. 

but also, for the women, marilyn, ms. Short and idk who else but. When u think about it, Lana had to really fight to become an artist that others took seriously. And I’m really proud of her and happy for her that she made this video strangely enough despite that one part. 

Her artistry shines thru, despite all the stuff that the external world’d weathered around her. Wish she released the actual shots edited together, but it lends to the themes and also allure of the video and her artistry and her so I completely get it.

W/o the video I thought about how the song themes of landscapes, politics, unhealthy relationships from others but what I love about this video is that it highlights identity, dreams and avoiding pitfalls from those that couldn’t protect themselves in their times. Society can be freaky ya’ll. 

Lana definitely doesn’t deserve this and I’m glad from a gods and monsters perspective, I’m sure this vid also sheds light on the unfair politics and egos from hollywood/ other possible unsavory sides of an environment etc. 

UV/Honeymoon

20 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

The “bts” shots some of you keep talking about aren’t really “bts” at all.. they’re just apart of the music video — you’re just looking at it incorrectly

Say it louder please 

15 hours ago, x VB said:

How is this considered a music video? It's a 10 min bts. Amazing visuals and looks ruined by this mess. My hopes are lost at this point

it must be hard being stupid. I wouldn't know. Go do poppers and stream Gaga you hapless heathen

Mod Note: User was warned for this post

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I’ve been working all day so just now saw the video. I loved it. Definitely had a vibe of her earlier home made videos. I loved all the glam she brought back. She looked so beautiful with every single look and wardrobe change. I loved hearing some of the extended music with the track too. I love the darkness and noir of the whole thing. We need a whole album with that vibe. She’s still capable of going there and it makes me so happy. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”